HTV A3

I spoke to Helen at htv-box.com and she told me a new HTV A3 box will be released next week, anyone have any information about this box?

Comments

• I spoke to Helen at htv-box.com and she told me a new HTV A3 box will be released next week, anyone have any information about this box?
    are they stopping a1 and a2?
  • I spoke to Helen at htv-box.com and she told me a new HTV A3 box will be released next week, anyone have any information about this box?
    are they stopping a1 and a2?
    I'm not sure but they have stopped production of HTV5 and A2 box.
    Thanked by 2tylerlee LuftWaffle
  • Just received a HTV A3 box. It is different to previous Android based boxes that we know. This one only works with its own App.You have tons of TV channels, VOD drama, movies, TV series. The box response is very fast and the video runs fast.

Set up is very simple. You have to enter an activation code and select wifi or Lan and you are ready to go. No apps installations, no DNS.

According to HTV, A2 boxes is no any longer in production and also the server for A2 boxes is not very statble.

Coming from Blue TV this is not a bad choice but very complicated to navigate specially for elder people.
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • Just received a HTV A3 box. It is different to previous Android based boxes that we know. This one only works with its own App.You have tons of TV channels, VOD drama, movies, TV series. The box response is very fast and the video runs fast.

Set up is very simple. You have to enter an activation code and select wifi or Lan and you are ready to go. No apps installations, no DNS.

According to HTV, A2 boxes is no any longer in production and also the server for A2 boxes is not very statble.

Coming from Blue TV this is not a bad choice but very complicated to navigate specially for elder people.
    Can you upload some pictures of the packaging box, A3 box and menu/apps interface as there isn't any information or pictures of the A3 box on their website.

they are using a different server for the new box and cut off the a1 and a2? i gave my a1 to a relative. if they shut down the a1 and a2, they are no different from tvpad and moonbox. i won't buy from them again
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle

they are using a different server for the new box and cut off the a1 and a2? i gave my a1 to a relative. if they shut down the a1 and a2, they are no different from tvpad and moonbox. i won't buy from them again
    "There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
    As long as the box last for more than a year, I am satisfied. I considered this like a monthly payment.

Thanked by 1LuftWaffle

"There ain't no such thing as a free lunch"
    As long as the box last for more than a year, I am satisfied. I considered this like a monthly payment.

it's not about free lunch. it's about how long the box last. there are other tv box that last longer and don't grab and run.
  • edited July 2018
    I spoke to Helen at htv-box.com and she told me a new HTV A3 box will be released next week, anyone have any information about this box?
    i spoke with Hellen too.... or rather i spoke AT Hellen. 1st queue in line, got no response at all for 40 minutes, even though it said we were connected

is your box still working?
  • This really reminds me of the iPlayer i5 fiasco. When they promoted iPlayer i6 and i7 to i8 and newer variant models after reneging on their lifetime service guarantee, customers never trusted them again. As an owner of an HTV2 , HTV3 and an A2 unit on the N.American market, I don’t know if I would want to fork over $259 and wonder about the longevity of this model, company operability and reliability.

http://www.htv-box.com/leevitv-a3

is your box still working?
    Yes, it is working fine.
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
  • my A2 is back online now. even comes with a message apologizing for the downtime
  • I have so much trouble sorting out country of live TV, drama and tv shown.

all mixed !!

I just can't found any on demand HK tv show.

or change live TV channel , over 999 channel in one apps without sort country. :(
  • August 4th... New York State U.S here...

HTV2 server only allows YueGang (HK) and Chinese (CN) to work. BinFen (International IPTV) and TaiMin (TW) do not work and shows EA-6 Error Code with no channel information populating. Sad Update... :'(
  • edited August 2018
    If anyone wants a review on A3 I can do it...I've received the box pre-market, the sorting is a mess, besides that it is not bad, lots of channels (they recently removed all U.S channels) and no longer using android, I guess they are trying to make the box not easy to be hacked.
    Post edited by gor0427 on
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • If anyone wants a review on A3 I can do it...I've received the box pre-market, the sorting is a mess, besides that it is not bad, lots of channels (they recently removed all U.S channels) and no longer using android, I guess they are trying to make the box not easy to be hacked.
    Please do a review. Video if possible? Does it lag? How many channels total do you see thus far? Is it old people/parents friendly? Curious minds are inquiring... :o
  • Hi, looking for some insight from anyone who has the A3!

A few days ago I placed an order for the A2 box on htv-box.com and received a message from Hellen the next day saying that my order has been "delayed." At the same time, she tried to upsell me on the A3 box for an extra $30USD, claiming it has better hardware and more live channels.

I currently have the HTV3 and am only interested in its Cantonese VOD and Playback apps.
    Can anyone tell me if the A3 has the same two apps and therefore provide the exact same Hong Kong content that I am used to on the HTV3?

If that is all I care about, should I even bother with A3, or stick with A2?

Thanks in advance!
  • Is this referring to the LeeviTV A3 box now? I would also appreciate a review on this!

Thanks!
  • edited August 2018
    Hi, looking for some insight from anyone who has the A3!

A few days ago I placed an order for the A2 box on htv-box.com and received a message from Hellen the next day saying that my order has been "delayed." At the same time, she tried to upsell me on the A3 box for an extra $30USD, claiming it has better hardware and more live channels.

I currently have the HTV3 and am only interested in its Cantonese VOD and Playback apps.
    Can anyone tell me if the A3 has the same two apps and therefore provide the exact same Hong Kong content that I am used to on the HTV3?

If that is all I care about, should I even bother with A3, or stick with A2?

Thanks in advance!

Please do a review. Video if possible? Does it lag? How many channels total do you see thus far? Is it old people/parents friendly? Curious minds are inquiring... :o
    I remembered admin said he will do a review once he receives the box, I guess he will provide a deep review on that, but for now, I will answer some questions that most of you concerning about:

1) Does it lag? How many channels total do you see thus far? Is it old people/parents friendly?
    - Since A3 box uses a different server compare to any other version of H.TV boxes, there are nearly 250+ channels, mainstream channels are included so don't worry, I've tested for more than a month and nearly 0 lagging, please be advised that since this is NOT an android based box (Probably using Java), you are not allowed to install any other apps. The only thing that makes me a little bit annoying, as I mentioned before, the sorting is a mess, for both live channels and VOD streaming.

2) Can anyone tell me if the A3 has the same two apps and therefore provide the exact same Hong Kong content that I am used to on the HTV3?
    - The box is not app-based, it separates stuff by categories (Ex: Live, Dramas, Movies etc...), and each category(for VOD) contains sub-categories (Ex: Action, Comedy etc...), so it is kind of what you said. However, as I said before, sorting is a mess, it is not easy to find the content since they are using a different server, they'll have to re-upload the contents so there might be some of the content that is not in A3 but for sure you can make a request and they'll upload for you. I really can't give you a fair suggestion for you since I am not totally satisfied with this box and there's a room for improvement, sorry about that.

If anyone has any other concerns regarding the A3 box please don't hesitate to ask me here, or dm me if possible. I used to be a forum admin for a former tvbox (of course it's already dead), for some ppl who read this post might know who I am haha. It is very nice to meet all of you, including some old friends.

And finalllllly, pardon my English grammar (I am a native Chinese haha)
    Post edited by gor0427 on
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
  • these idiots are going backward lol. can't side load apps and the box will turn into shit after they stop the service like tvpad3. no android, no go. i will skip this box.