HTV2 update and need Activation code

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member

Exactly. If it's end of life, why is there an option to enter a password? Doesn't make sense.

• i guess you could still renew your subscription if you really want to.

in the past they had a link to a pay site to pay via paypal that was easy enough to navigate aside from the email address being a russian .ru suffix.

• padmanpadman Moderator

Free money for them if ppl just pay them money for renewal

• i have another relative that replaced their HTV2 with an Unblock Tech box. They are available on eBay and Amazon for around $153-188. they are pretty happy with it, probably faster hardware.

Anyone who has one, do you happen to know what their subscription policy is?

• No policy as long as they're remain open business. I have 1 still working after 5 years.

• I sent them a message in English and got a response back in Chinese which didn't seem to answer my question. Guess they don't want free money..... Done with them.

Going to try the napper site subscription next. Atleast it seems portable between devices

• owasso96owasso96 Junior Member

I tried unblock, not as good and easy control as HTV 3, on the playback, it didn't play as you requested, it only played whatever it started, it's a joke...

Anyway anyone know about the A3 HomeX , it's stated manufactured by HTV, is that mean it will have subscription also, what is the difference between this and A3 HTV TV box???

Is Hke360 also need subscription?

• padmanpadman Moderator

@owasso96 As far as I know, hke360 is just a rebranded ubox, with a SDTV app loaded

edited July 2019

I just installed Joytv from site with 3days trail on my HTV 3box, it has ton of lives channels and ton of playback channels, and it's very stable and fast, subscription is by month about USD 8, six months USD 43, yearly USD 82.

I really like it so fast, will try the one month to continue first.

Post edited by padman on
  • fatcatfatcat Junior Member

I have a HTV3 about 2 1/2 years old from Amazon. So far it still working but has the EC12 error code few times per day. Last night it suddenly pop up a message for system update. I selected cancel and the box still working today. I don't want to update because I read some post said after update need to paid a subscription. I didn't get the end of life message. But I think it's close to the end of life. What you guys think? I think I need to look for a new box. I have a Ubox 4 about 2 years old. It still working good but The 7 days replay never work and no HK verity show. Anybody have any suggestion. What you guys think about EVpad Max or FunTV? Thank you!

I'm totally had the same situation like you, I'm trying JoyTv apk now for a month in my old HTV 3 box, so far it's fairly alright, it has lots of HK shows and 7 days playback work very well, of course it still pause and buff once awhile.

Good luck on shopping, please let me know if you did found a new box that you liked with lots of HK shows and good playback.

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member

As far as box replacements go, people here seems to be using ubox and evpad. Though the ubox playback function don't work correctly from what I read. Don't know if that's fixed. And evpad live TV service is only for 2 years, don't know if vod and playback go beyond that.

These boxes are a gamble. I know friends are using the HKE360 box which has live, vod, 5 day playback. It's interface is kind of slow in navigation but does the job I guess. I think the cost is the cheapest among the other boxes. I know they also sell an app version of that which uses a subscription.

• fatcatfatcat Junior Member

I still have the error and update problem with the HTV3. These few day has another problem. It will lock up 2or 3 times a day. I need to unplug it and plug in again then it will work again. The Unblock 4 still working but the 7 days replay never work since I got it 2 years ago.

• I bought HomeX to replace the HT2, HT3 n HT5 some months ago last year for my old folks. It worked for the 1st month and then had buffering problems. I bought Evpad 3 Max (Canada) and Evpad 3 Pro (USA) and shelf the HomeX. Evpad 3 Pro like HomeX was good for the 1st few months, then they also had buffering problems. I bought the Chinese Napper subscription last month on an Android 6.0 box with 2GB RAM. The Android box will freeze from time to time. My folks cannot handle these frozen occasions. I have to rescue their Jade TV live whenever I am home. Its too much for my folks to handle Napper. Today, I took out the HomeX and to my surprise, it worked normally and was simple enough (like the old TVpads) for the old folks to use.

• The Evpad 3 Max used in Canada has no problem so far.

I been using HomeX for 4 months in US it start buffering and freeze after watching more than 30-40mins a week ago, and frustrated can't shut off unless I unplug it. I'm thinking of trying Evpad 3 Plus, can you please tell me is the apps similar to HomeX that have lots of Cantonese drama and Variety shows, is that simple to control like HomeX too?

• padmanpadman Moderator

Why not just subscribe to a new service?

• So far the HomeX appears to be the most reliable amongst EvPad and UB with Jade channel frozen at times.

• skipperskipper Junior Member

Has anyone bought the A3 to replace the HTV3?