HTV2 update and need Activation code

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member

BTW, I sent email to this address, in Chinese, but no reply after 3 days.
    Finally got a reply to the email.

"因为带宽流量费用已经无法支撑中文业务,所以决定进行收费,针对收费的用户会继续提供服务。
    您需要按提示购买新的激活码后,在盒子里输入激活才可继续使用"

Not sure why only some of us are targeted for the activation fees.
    Does the canto one still work for you guys?
  • The Cantonese app still work. However, the content isn't updated as often as the Mandarin one.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2018
    @munchu pretty sure it's "targeted" because htv2 is 3 years old.

Next year would probably be htv3 and so on...
    And if they don't get enough subs, they might accelerate the schedule
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2018
    of course, this "lifetime" service is a doomed from the beginning

it's basically a pyramid scheme.
    And if they don't get enough subs, they might accelerate the schedule
  • owasso96owasso96 Junior Member
    I have the same issue, no message for subscription but Cantonese app haven't updated since last week, playback apps can't play any TVB channels, the live channel is working normally, mandarin channel is normal too.
    Have anyone try FunTV box, I'm planning to buy a new one but don't want to buy the HTV 5, any good suggestion?
  • As of this morning, none of the TV apps work, 粵港樂視shows產品過期, 非凡電視asks for activation code, so as 鮮橙視頻and 7天回看, so my HTV2 box is practically dead. Activation code is $20 for 6 months for now, who knows when they'll change back to $40 or more. I'd rather invest on a new box, with faster processor and more memory/storage.

I've bought an EVPad 3 for my parents and they like it. I'd probably buy one for myself too.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Why tho ?

If it's $20 for 6 months, then just do that now. If it's more in the future than you get something else.

No point of fighting with money.

New box != you'll get longer service.
    As of this morning, none of the TV apps work, 粵港樂視shows產品過期, 非凡電視asks for activation code, so as 鮮橙視頻and 7天回看, so my HTV2 box is practically dead. Activation code is $20 for 6 months for now, who knows when they'll change back to $40 or more. I'd rather invest on a new box, with faster processor and more memory/storage.

I've bought an EVPad 3 for my parents and they like it. I'd probably buy one for myself too.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Why dont you just subscribe of $20 instead of buying a new box?

I don't get why you would spend more money on a new box.
    I have the same issue, no message for subscription but Cantonese app haven't updated since last week, playback apps can't play any TVB channels, the live channel is working normally, mandarin channel is normal too.
    Have anyone try FunTV box, I'm planning to buy a new one but don't want to buy the HTV 5, any good suggestion?
  • The apps on my htv2 are finally dead, but I never received 7 days notice or instructions on how to activate for $20 for 6 months. I agree with Padman that investing $20 is better than buying a new box right now cause we don’t know how long a new box will operate before they start charging a fee or shut down completely. Can someone assist in how to apply for activation. Thxs to all!
  • EVPad has a lot more channels to watch and replay, including Japanese TV which I watch sometimes. That's another reason why I'm considering.

@jinx The website to buy activation code is https://qdh.ahixzf.com
    If you're going to buy the activation code, can you share your experience after doing so?
    The apps on my htv2 are finally dead, but I never received 7 days notice or instructions on how to activate for $20 for 6 months. I agree with Padman that investing $20 is better than buying a new box right now cause we don’t know how long a new box will operate before they start charging a fee or shut down completely. Can someone assist in how to apply for activation. Thxs to all!
    How do you know it stopped working?
  • I get an ED3 signal and a comment to notify a dealer every time I try opening a movie on my VOD and Live apps after buffering for couple of minutes each time.

• Manchu...thxs and will update if I proceed with purchase. Perhaps fellow members can provide comments on experience with purchase/activation.
  • Has anybody tried buying the activation code?? What is an alternative to this subscription? Perhaps a different box for cantonese channels? Please help
    I get an ED3 signal and a comment to notify a dealer every time I try opening a movie on my VOD and Live apps after buffering for couple of minutes each time.

Maybe the server was down for maintenance. Try again later. If it truly related to sub service, it's another error.
  • if you have first generation HTV, old app still works never need to update
  • Mmmaru...thxs. Will see what happens later.
  • I tried to install the 超級直播 app that @TVBullshit mentioned in the thread https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1650/streaming-apps-for-android-boxes/p18 onto my HTV2 box since its live TV app doesn't work anymore. The app installed OK and runs fine. I can even unlocked the TVB channels following the instructions which is great.

The only problem is that the sound and picture are seriously out of sync by a big margin :/

I'm wondering if the out of sync problem is a common issue of the app or only because I'm running it on the HTV2 box?
  • I have 2 HTV2 boxes. The one I bought 4 years ago has the same problem (Apps does not work after updates). The other one I bought 1 yr ago still works after Apps update (非凡电视 、鲜橙视频). I am also thinking just get another box rather than paying.