TV Pad 4 NOT WORKING AT ALL!!!

I am in Ottawa, ON Canada.
My TVPad 4 is 2 years old and it is not working, responding to the remote (with brand new batteries) starting Dec 2015. I technically replaced all cables and wirings connecting to the box. Sometimes it worked when I unplug and plug back in. It is not responding this week at all. It looks like the box is not connected to the TV even though the green light is on. Even the old TVPad3 was showing up once I plug it in!! I contacted cnTVpad - suggested buy a new one! I would NOT.
Any way to fix or suggestions for a different type of box? I am chasing after the TVB series a lot and prefer to have TV channels from Hong Kong.

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Have you tried using another hdmi cable or on another tv ?
  • acw1032acw1032 Junior Member
    I did everything and the only thing left is try a new box!
    Hi! Padman,

something new again!! the picture frozen, not reacting to the remote. unplug and plug in again - getting into error screen -
    Android system recovery <3e>
    KOT49H.20160929 test keys

Volume up/down to move highlight;
    enter button to select.

reboot system now
    apply update from ADB
    apply update from EXT
    apply update from cache
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition

What it's all about? Should I say good bye to it?
    I bought the TVPad 4, Jun 2015. Other than Down Times and network or system errors - worked for about 3/4 of the 18 months. Is your money worth? Your call!! Most reliable!!! I'd rather do the pay-by-month box from Hong Kong.
  • Want to sell to me?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Uhhh well, if you don't think that's reliable. You should try other boxes... LOL. You are going to have a tough time.

TVPad 4 itself had been pretty stable once the initial DNS issue was over, haven't had a problem since.

You can try running the downgrade procedure to 5.054 and see if that works for you.
    I bought the TVPad 4, Jun 2015. Other than Down Times and network or system errors - worked for about 3/4 of the 18 months. Is your money worth? Your call!! Most reliable!!! I'd rather do the pay-by-month box from Hong Kong.
    If you can make it work? Or UP & RUNNING! The only screen I'm getting is the Start Up Screen showing the TVPad 4 graphics!
  • Wanna sell it?
    It's in the garbage. Sorry you're late.
  • I am running into a similar situation, i just got my uncle's tvpad4 to fix and it does not work, just black screen, green light is on, tried hdmi and AV cables, nothing is showing up.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited February 2017
    Closing thread. Clearly a trolling
    It's in the garbage. Sorry you're late.
  • If you can make it work? Or UP & RUNNING! The only screen I'm getting is the Start Up Screen showing the TVPad 4 graphics!
    I should have a way to help you make it work。