Comments

• Seems like this case is the same as tvpad.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Now that's annoying. I guess in 6 months that's the end oh htv then. The day they disappear from all social media, then you know they are done.
  • veedubjaiveedubjai Junior Member
    Sad times. :(
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Will be interesting how this played out.

The court case against tvpad wouldn't have mattered if they didn't drop support of TVP 1-3 users.

Will have to see what sort of action htv takes.

I predict it will default to no contest similar to TVPad's outcome.
    Honestly this is what users want - a playall system. If htv negotiates a deal to keep the lights on with these company and pass it on to the users as a monthly service at a reasonable price, I'll pay it.

They alleged each htv device is made into a p2p connection. I don't know how true is that and I'm not expert enough to figure it out.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    From what my router reports, htv does use p2p for 'live' TV channels only, as do TVpad and Ubox.
  • will probably end up like TVpad 1-3.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight how so ? tvpad 1-3 only got shut down because tvpad didn't want to pay for the separate servers for them.

It had very little to do with the lawsuit.
  • Wow, another lawsuit, I guess TVB is not stopping going after these boxes, good thing is they are developing their own streamings, i am using their encoreTVB mobile app and encoreTVB.com website, surprisingly they do post the newest dramas and some other programs, and free too. I am in the U.S., not sure if it works elsewhere.
  • @neonlight how so ? tvpad 1-3 only got shut down because tvpad didn't want to pay for the separate servers for them.

It had very little to do with the lawsuit.
    Rumours suggestions Tvpad 1-3 was closed source and got taken down,. TVpad 4 is open source platform also TVB actually strike a deal with TVpad helping them to bring out TVB Anywhere. Notice that the court papers changed from TVpad to HTV, Unblock etc
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight I think you rumor is wrong. TVPad alerted their users long before the lawsuit to upgrade to TVPad 4. So the opensource/closesource have literally nothing to do with TVPad 1-3 being shut down.

• I was going to buy the HTV. Now I'm going to hold back and see what happens. Not going to spend £165 on a doorstop.

I wish TVB would use their resources and money to develop a Netflix-like app for overseas users. I'd gladly pay £10 a month for the app instead of faffing around with these boxes that could easily become redundant.

But TVB are greedy a holes. In the noughties we were paying up to £40 a month on their satellite service for just a couple of channels.

Now instead of competing with these pirate boxes they sue them, and again, and again.

Wake up, tvb, there will always be these boxes if there are money to be made. Your only choice is to compete and bring out better service. Not exactly rocket science.
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    @fei TVB Europe does have their own IPTV box and subscription service - £248 for 2 years. See http://eu.tvbanywhere.com/order.html
  • @fei TVB Europe does have their own IPTV box and subscription service - £248 for 2 years. See http://eu.tvbanywhere.com/order.html
    I see they've changed the pricing. It was £99 for the box, and about £10 per month before. Now it's a straight £248 for 2 years.

I didn't join before because no one I knew joined, and in some forums they were saying the service wasn't really good. I don't know how much it has changed now.

You know anyone using it?

Anyone thinks it is good value?

My iplayer i5 has stopped working (live tv), and I need to buy a replacement soon. It's either get the new version, try HTV, or just go with tvb anywhere.
    I wouldn't get an Htv. Their support has all disappeared. They removed all the popular apps from the market (at least from the us devices). I think that's their exit strategy from the lawsuits. I'm just waiting for the devices to fail at some point. They are also the ones that can remotely disable any device. So they can definitely shut it down completely if they want to.
  • I wouldn't get an Htv. Their support has all disappeared. They removed all the popular apps from the market (at least from the us devices). I think that's their exit strategy from the lawsuits. I'm just waiting for the devices to fail at some point. They are also the ones that can remotely disable any device. So they can definitely shut it down completely if they want to.
    Okay, thanks. So HTV out, now what? I've tried a vpn but does not work with tvb.com.

Either $99 for the i7 or £248 for tvb anywhere.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    That's interesting. Just try to see if their facebook is active and it seems like their last post is from April 20... Will see how this unfolds
    I wouldn't get an Htv. Their support has all disappeared. They removed all the popular apps from the market (at least from the us devices). I think that's their exit strategy from the lawsuits. I'm just waiting for the devices to fail at some point. They are also the ones that can remotely disable any device. So they can definitely shut it down completely if they want to.
    Okay, thanks. So HTV out, now what? I've tried a vpn but does not work with tvb.com.

Either $99 for the i7 or £248 for tvb anywhere.
    I think $99 is a ok price to pay for the exchange. All other boxes are retailing $160+ if they last a year, you'll get your money's worth.

Also Htv been updating their apps every 2 weeks which is super annoying because some peoples boxes stopped working after the updates. And since there's no support, if it doesn't work, you're pretty much done.

@padman if you got a direct contact, maybe you can get us some info?

Or Maybe we should start a build your own box thread?? Haha. Just an idea.
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    Yes, I know a couple of families with tvbanywhere after they got burned with TVPad. They're happy enough with the service.
  • Yes, I know a couple of families with tvbanywhere after they got burned with TVPad. They're happy enough with the service.
    Yeah but that's with Tvpad 1 to 3.

With the joint venture on Tvpad 4 promoting for TVBAnywhere. I believe TVpad has more life still.

TVB Anywhere is too expensive and not worth the cost.