UBox TV video quality weird

Hi,

*UPDATE: As of now, I am able to use my UBox TV, but the video quality is in black and white. Also, the screen is lowered and has some static lines. Now, this is on the AV2 channel. I was using HDMI, but HDMI doesn't work for me... I think this problem resulted from the recent update but I'm not sure.

Suggestions on how to fix this?

I reset and updated my UBox TV, but when I tried to turn it on the next day, I couldn't. I turned on the UBox TV but nothing shows up on my screen. On my TV screen, it says "Not supported mode" when I have it on the HDMI mode, and it has worked before.

Is anyone else having the same problem? Help me out please.
Post edited by rahtata on

Comments

• bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    The UBox normally delivered set to to use 720p. Perhaps it has switched to 1080p after reset and your TV does not support 1080p Full HD ?
    Thanked by 1rahtata
  • My TV does support 1080p, so I don't think that's one of the reasons why.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    Have you tried your UBox with another TV ?
  • edited April 2016
    Have you tried your UBox with another TV ?
    I have and it still says the same message on the TV I tried. The next day, I am able to turn the UBox on. Like what I mentioned in my update, the quality of the video is in black and white with some static lines.

Any ideas on how to fix the new issue?

Post edited by rahtata on
  • 535four535four Member
    edited April 2016
    Have you try another HDMI cable? or another HDMI input? and making sure it's on NTSC when using AV output.
  • Maybe it is set to PAL setting. Change it to NTSC setting.
  • Have you try another HDMI cable? or another HDMI input? and making sure it's on NTSC when using AV output.
    I have switched to another HDMI cable, and it has the same problem. I'll change the setting to NTSC and see how it goes.
  • Sorry for not being clear in the beginning.
    It seems like only the video quality on the UBox is weird. When I watch my local news channel, the video quality is perfectly fine. Only the UBox video quality is black and white with some static lines.
  • Sorry for not being clear in the beginning.
    It seems like only the video quality on the UBox is weird. When I watch my local news channel, the video quality is perfectly fine. Only the UBox video quality is black and white with some static lines.
    I understand that, have you change the UBox system display to NTSC?
  • I understand that, have you change the UBox system display to NTSC?
    I tried to look for a way to do that, but I can't seem to find the setting option.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited April 2016
    it's in Ubox's system setting display.
  • edited May 2016
    it's in Ubox's system setting display.
    In my settings I cannot find the option for it. I included a picture of what my display settings look like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5Mdi9-WaCIsZFFUaWFsZWJURnM/view?usp=sharing
  • 535four535four Member
    What is your HDMI mode setting? have you played with that?
    To select between NTSC and PAL, you will have to connected a AV RCA cable (yellow, red and white) to your TV's AV input to make a change.