HTV 3 TVBox is not working today!!!

humblebeehumblebee Junior Member
It seems none of channel working on HTV3 today, March 15, 2016.
I live in San Francisco, bay area.
Just wondering what's going on.
Any idea? Anyone, thanks!
Tagged:

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    When you say none of the channels are you referring to one app or multiple apps? I didn't hear any complaints from relatives or parents yesterday, so I assume it's working.
  • humblebeehumblebee Junior Member
    Thank you for your reply!
    I mean all major apps stopped working.
    Please take a look of my attached photo. Thanks!

edited March 2016
    It looks like your device is not connecting to the server. Did you try to unplug the device and reconnect everything? Double check your internet connection.

Email their support group [email protected] and attach the picture. I find them more responsive if you write to them in Chinese.

Also I found out recently that they can cut off service remotely by using the SN number on the bottom of the device. Depending on how you acquired the device, you can also contact the seller.
    It looks like your device is not connecting to the server. Did you try to unplug the device and reconnect everything? Double check your internet connection.

Email their support group [email protected] and attach the picture. I find them more responsive if you write to them in Chinese.

Also I found out recently that they can cut off service remotely by using the SN number on the bottom of the device. Depending on how you acquired the device, you can also contact the seller.

I am sure there is no problem with my internet connection since I can go to 'non-major' apps, such as Cloud TV, youtube, etc.
    That is exactly what I thought, someone turned off my service remotely by SN number. ( Is that mean the dealer or the seller can turn off the service whenever they like?! :anguished: )

I bought the box from eBay, already sent email to the seller.

Appreciated your info, thanks!
    I see. The ones that do work seems to be Google apps and the htv apps aren't working. The seller can't turn it off, I think they have to contact htv directly. There is a possibility they turn yours off accidentally.
    I got the reply from HTV. :'(

"您好,非常抱歉,经查询,这台盒子的产品启动权限确实被停掉了,原因是由于有一个经销商恶意倾销,被其他经销商举报后关掉了产品权限,您可以联络您的卖家进行退货。"
    If you bought it within a year with a credit card, you can contact them and maybe able to give you your money back.

Did you happen to buy your device for less than $250 recently? Someone did say the company is trying to regulate their resellers whom are selling the device below what the company is offering.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited March 2016
    Yikes, that sucks. Hopefully not many bought from this seller. If you bought with paypal then start a claim.
    I got the reply from HTV. :'(

"您好,非常抱歉,经查询,这台盒子的产品启动权限确实被停掉了,原因是由于有一个经销商恶意倾销,被其他经销商举报后关掉了产品权限,您可以联络您的卖家进行退货。"
    @Mmmaru I'm guessing he/she was selling for $200 price. Cannibalizing other resellers' sale. Can't really blame them for it.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    You should post this seller so others won't buy from him.
    Thanked by 1padman
    edited March 2016
    @Mmmaru I'm guessing he/she was selling for $200 price. Cannibalizing other resellers' sale. Can't really blame them for it.
    This is a capitalism society, supposed to be free competition in markets.

BTW, This is quite scary that HTV can shut down someone’s service anytime remotely!!
  • owasso96owasso96 Junior Member
    Please post seller name for others, so we can't avoid this seller, thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Not really. It has nothing to do with capitalism.

You ever wonder why Apple product prices always stay consistent ? It's a business strategy to retain your product's value. I'm sure HTV gave this seller a fair amount of warning before removing all his boxes from the authorized list. After all HTV want to make money as well.

Also not sure what's scary about taking a box out of the authorized list. Either that or everyone can just clone a box and it'll be a wild west...

This is a capitalism society, supposed to be free competition in markets.

BTW, This is quite scary that HTV can shut down someone’s service anytime remotely!!
  • Mine is doing the same. But I paid $250 for mine and I paid cash. I guess I just threw all my money down the drain.
    Mine is doing the same. But I paid $250 for mine and I paid cash. I guess I just threw all my money down the drain.
    Where did you get yours? did you get it recently?
    I see a lot of eBay sellers selling them at $180-220. Do they know something we don't?
  • ohngoohngo Junior Member
    I recently bought 2 htv3 boxes from eBay. One of them works and the other one doesn't now. The person I bought it from offered to exchange it for another one. Or recommended the cool box. He said the cool box can't be shut off from a manufacturer. Has anyone heard of the cool box?
  • it's me or Sexy tribe is not working anymore?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @hao What's sexy tribe ?
    it's me or Sexy tribe is not working anymore?
    Don't think that's a native htv app they support. Probably side loaded.
  • it's me or Sexy tribe is not working anymore?
    It doesn't work for me as well. It's asking me for a 5 digit password instead. Obviously the old password of 000000 doesn't work anymore.