Unblocktech UBox Gen 2 Review

padmanpadman Moderator
edited January 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
Here it is !

http://tvpadnews.com/2015/12/20/unblocktech-ub-box-gen2-box-review/

Discuss >>

If enough people are interested in a group buy, I can see if I could contact some the manu or reseller. Anyway leave a comment. X(
Post edited by padman on

Comments

• owenowen TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Padman!
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    Finally..(:P)
  • strpyw1strpyw1 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    any chance to compare this with HTV3
  • macau99macau99 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Padman,

My apology, is it possible to install the vchannels and the Yuetv to the UB BOX? THX.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    vchannel you can install.

Will try to install the tvpad 4 apps on the box tomorrow. Although most likely not...

macau99 Wrote:
    > Padman,
    >
    > My apology, is it possible to install the
    > vchannels and the Yuetv to the UB BOX? THX.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    NO way for sure.

padman Wrote:

> Will try to install the tvpad 4 apps on the box
    > tomorrow. Although most likely not...
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    Nice review, good job! padman.
    One thing, you forgot to test is test channels (測試頻道) Adult contents >:D< , you'll need a password to activated.
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Hi Padman,

What is the diff between jailbreak and non jail break?

Can it avoid ip geo block like tvpad apps?
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    edited December 2015
    On the video around 5.25, I saw the Unblock TV apps's VOD seems to have TV drama VOD tab on the bottom. Can you double check if that works and does it have TVB drama?
  • JoeSmithJoeSmith Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    How does it compare to H.TV3? But tentative yes.
  • tvpadmustlivetvpadmustlive Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hey guys,

I received my Unblock box about 2 days ago - it works straight out of box. Speed is much faster than TVpad 3 that I threw into the trash.

It didn't lag like TVpad3 when watching movies.

I was immediately blown away by how many tv livestream channels - like Padman's review there must be more than 1000 live stream channels in UBTV.

There are other apps that are good as well - did I also mention most channels are in HD too? the pictures are much much much better quality than my previous tvpad3.

I was watching 瑯犽榜. There are about 6 or 7 TV apps that will allow you to watch live stream or VOD. If one apps can't find the source of the tv show, I go to another app that does the same thing and it will find the source.

It has "jailbreak" app that will allow you to remove the region restriction - but I think it is only for WIFI. I haven't test it out since I don't know anything about DNS and VPN and how it works - but I think if you know how to install a Open VPN apps on the android system from Google Play store, you may get the 3G connection to work to remove the regions.

UNblock has a facebook page and one thing that I learned is: free Adult channels and movies! (don't let your parents or wife or children know this...)

There is a app called 測試工具. When you load it - it is blank but you need password to watch. There are youtube videos showing you how to do this.

Password is 1818

Anyway, I am not a good reviewer, but just want to say that this is a good investment and a better product than Tvpad.

best $120 bucks I have spent.

I just hope that it doesn't draw enough attention to get law suit like Tvpad lol. Though this box comes with their own CYA legal notice that puts all responsibilities on the users. That was a smart move.
  • tvpadmustlivetvpadmustlive Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    If somebody knows how to install VPN apps from google play store on this box and remove the region restriction.

Please share your knowledge - I just don't like to use wifi since of slower connection. I'd like to stay connected with eternet cable.
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    Thanks for the review Padman, can you post the screen shots of the 3 pages of Cantonese channels?

Also, how are the recordings of the replays? How fast are the shows being updated? I hope the recordings are not as troublesome as those on Moonbox.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    That's the thing about this box. Too many options, a lot of it is trial and error.

tvpadmustlive Wrote:

>
    > I was watching ???. There are about 6 or 7
    > TV apps that will allow you to watch live stream
    > or VOD. If one apps can't find the source of the
    > tv show, I go to another app that does the same
    > thing and it will find the source.
    >
  • maks215maks215 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    My husband just bought it in HK hkd680. It is so-called gen2 plus (???) which is newer model. Seems some apps like vod & replay are already installed. I will test it once I have it at X'mas & return to you all.

Remark: my husband has to queue up to buy it as many people are buying to overseas. They all asking info abt unblock or moon box. Seller said unblock is enough (esp. HK channels) & cheap. If you want to surf around apps, moon box is good but not worth hkd1488.
  • boydimsumboydimsum Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks Padman! I am definitely interested in getting one.
  • echeng2echeng2 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    You may install a wifi extender to boost wifi signal. A decent one costs about $40 but a $20 one like tp-link will work too. If you watch vChannel and youtube using chromecast, a wifi extender is a great help.

tvpadmustlive Wrote:
    > If somebody knows how to install VPN apps from
    > google play store on this box and remove the
    > region restriction.
    >
    > Please share your knowledge - I just don't like to
    > use wifi since of slower connection. I'd like to
    > stay connected with eternet cable.
  • wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    Is there a Gen 2 (3rd Edition)?

I cannot find them in eBay.

Regards
  • PhillyUserPhillyUser Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Padman,

Please keep me posted on a bulk/group order of Unblocktech Box. In the meantime, do you recommend a legitimate online seller for a Unblocktech Box that could work in the U.S.?

Also, I had seen some folks mention that SlingTV (subsidiary of DishNetwork) was an option. I couldn't find a SlingTV thread/forum on this website, but as a PSA, please warn users that although Sling states that you can upgrade to have 3 simultaneous streams at a time for Sling International subscriptions, Jadeworld is an exception and you can only have 1 stream per subscription.

Thanks for all you do to keep us informed!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    I don't think the UB box is geo-fenced. So any version "should" work.

I bought mine from aliexpress.

PhillyUser Wrote:
    > Padman,
    >
    > Please keep me posted on a bulk/group order of
    > Unblocktech Box. In the meantime, do you recommend
    > a legitimate online seller for a Unblocktech Box
    > that could work in the U.S.?
    >
    > Also, I had seen some folks mention that SlingTV
    > (subsidiary of DishNetwork) was an option. I
    > couldn't find a SlingTV thread/forum on this
    > website, but as a PSA, please warn users that
    > although Sling states that you can upgrade to have
    > 3 simultaneous streams at a time for Sling
    > International subscriptions, Jadeworld is an
    > exception and you can only have 1 stream per
    > subscription.
    >
    > Thanks for all you do to keep us informed!