Anyone else also has their HTV 2 not working?

My htv 2 box was working fine with the latest version of all the apps. (Live tv, replay, vod) Few days ago they started to not work. It's giving me either ED-1 not authorized error or EA14 failed to play content error.

I swear it was working with the latest app because I know he vod app had problems with 5.9.1 but works again with 5.10.1. However now even the live tv and replay app fails to work.

My friend's htv3 is working as usual.

Anyone else seeing this?

Comments

• Chatted with Hellen from the htv-box.com live chat. She keep telling me the htv 2 box hardware is low and asked me to buy the new A3 box.

I don't really believe that's the issue to be honest. So either they stopped supporting all htv 2 box or my box suddenly just isn't working with their server somehow.
  • One strange thing that I found is with the vod app, I can play some content that's listed in the front page of the app but I can't load the same content by going through the categorized section of the app.
  • youngrobyoungrob Junior Member
    Chatted with Hellen from the htv-box.com live chat. She keep telling me the htv 2 box hardware is low and asked me to buy the new A3 box.

I don't really believe that's the issue to be honest. So either they stopped supporting all htv 2 box or my box suddenly just isn't working with their server somehow.
    lol, somehow
  • I was about to purchase the A3 box for my parents. Is it still worth buying or should I be looking at other options. They mostly watch Cantonese channels like TVB and don't really care for VOD.

Thanks!
  • youngrobyoungrob Junior Member
    My htv2 box works. The fact that they don't have the apps on the store, makes me think that eventually even the apps won't work.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    My htv2 box works. The fact that they don't have the apps on the store, makes me think that eventually even the apps won't work.
    The apps were removed like 2 years ago when they started to get sued.
  • My HTV was working okay since the update to 5.10.1 but my user has reported that the app is asking for an activation code now.
    edited November 2018
    My HTV was working okay since the update to 5.10.1 but my user has reported that the app is asking for an activation code now.
    Where? Are they all from Australia?
  • Both my htv 2 and my friends htv 2 also suffering from the same unauthorized problem. Friends htv 3 seems to be still working.
  • I am in nyc
    Both my htv 2 and my friends htv 2 also suffering from the same unauthorized problem. Friends htv 3 seems to be still working.
    They don't really work well during prime time. Try in the morning.
  • Versions updated to 5.11.2

Still working as of now. Occasional EC-9 errors.
  • siuwaisiuwai Junior Member
    the funny thing is my htv2 cantonese vod app opens and sit for a long time and it never update to the latest version.
  • clifflee06clifflee06 Junior Member
    My HTV2 中文電視 ,粵回看 still working , but 粵好睇,大視界 still not working with E5 error.
    Any one can help ?
  • At this point, I say htv2 support is official over. My htv2 cannot update 大視界 5.11.2. Latest that my htv2 can install and download is 5.11.1 only. So is my friends htv2 box. My friends htv3 box seems to still work. But who knows how long that will last.

None of the live tv, replay, vod works for me anymore. The only workaround for me is you can watch some of the vod content by clicking the tiles via the apps main page.

For instance, open 粵好睇 app. On the first screen of the app, you will see tiles for the latest TVs drama (兄弟 at the time of writing). Click on the tile and play the content from there will actually work. But if you go to the 劇集 tile, then navigate to the same content (in this case 兄弟) you will notice you get the same error.
  • Try clearing the cache and data for the app. You have to go to settings then advanced. Should see a settings screen that looks like what you may see on a regular Android phone or tablet. You should be able to find Applications and select the app. There should be a clear data and cache buttons. This helped me when one of my apps updated but would not load anything.
    I have 2 HTV2 .One of them working good for all Apps but the other one work only on 中文電視 & 粵回看.
    I tried to reinstall 粵好睇,大視界, reset HTV ,clear data and clear all cache yet still not working with RC5 error.Is there another way to fix it??

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited November 2018
    I have 2 HTV2 .One of them working good for all Apps but the other one work only on 中文電視 & 粵回看.
    I tried to reinstall 粵好睇,大視界, reset HTV ,clear data and clear all cache yet still not working with RC5 error.Is there another way to fix it??

Try this 粤回味https://mega.nz/#!1dpjhSgS!hz5fGpDSz1Yz5dWyAxSPM2TIX3r_9a2tw9yunM2AMUo
    精彩回放
    https://mega.nz/#!wFx1Ea5D!jzlS4I721aze6D8QBaZhLO-d33kzvCginsOXTRZ0EyE
    大視界
    https://mega.nz/#!VZoTDYKR!XOUAqCoiqE7nlqV9rUFBdF9ElBzWkzBLoPwdfrsjqEE
    粵港樂視
    https://mega.nz/#!9Fh3WIjb!SoXbwGuZllbP7epmqXWlfTbcDfnxozenGp13eMgB8nI
    粵好睇
    https://mega.nz/#!dFohFQwT!gqimPh5KlN_5rS13WS3xoO3gWpsqYiF6DBo3WliyXfk
    Thanks ,Cheuk5
    Will try
  • TWINSFONGTWINSFONG Junior Member
    Hi cheuk5, are the apps only for HTV2 box or able to use on any android boxes