Buying HTV5 for US household

edited July 2018 in HTV IPTV Box
TVPAD4 is gonna stop working soon so i want to get a new box for my parents.
Mainly Cantonese drama and news from TVB.
I want to buy from sponsor site, which version should i select? "Chinese Version" or the "Brazilian Version (A2/B7)? Does the coupon code "tvpadtalk" still work?
Thank you
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited July 2017
    If you want to watch Chinese content then the Chinese Version. If you buy from them, they will send you a A2 box since you are in USA.

Yes, it should still work. If not, shoot me a PM and I'll ask them for you.
  • snowrainsnowrain Junior Member
    Padman, what's the difference between A2 and htv5? I saw they both sell in Amazon.

Thanks.
  • snowrainsnowrain Junior Member
    Padman, what's the difference between A2 and htv5? I saw they both sell in Amazon.

Thanks.
    Btw, htv5 or funtv, which one you will suggest to buy, for senior. I am in US.

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @snowrain they had an injunction against the "HTV" brand for USA. So the A1/2 is a alternate brand for US users.

Same thing/content... etc

If you parents are used to tvpad interface, then I would suggest htv. The funtv interface is a little clunkier.

My mom picked up the htv remote and was using it instantly. I just had to tell her which app is which to use.
    Thanked by 1snowrain
  • edited July 2017
    @padman I'm considering purchasing the HT5/A2 box (I'm in the US region) for my Grandmother. Just want to confirm, they don't have an "official" store front on Amazon? I saw a warning on htv-box.com concerning resellers and scalpers. And they can only activate the box when you purchase direct from them?
  • @padman I'm considering purchasing the HT5/A2 box (I'm in the US region) for my Grandmother. Just want to confirm, they don't have an "official" store front on Amazon? I saw a warning on htv-box.com concerning resellers and scalpers. And they can only activate the box when you purchase direct from them?
    Same here.

Anyone use HTV5 or A2 box from amazon or ebay?

Some sellers on ebay say they are authorized dealers of the HTV5 box.
  • Early June, I ordered directly from HTV-box.com. They promised me to keep the same price for a A3 box, that will ship out on June 14th. today June 21st. The box have not been ship out and they don't respond my email.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    What's your ticket number?
    Early June, I ordered directly from HTV-box.com. They promised me to keep the same price for a A3 box, that will ship out on June 14th. today June 21st. The box have not been ship out and they don't respond my email.
  • Hi padman, my HTV 5 Box has a message saying upgrade firmware from my desktop. Can you tell me how to do it?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Just click on the upgrade button ?
  • Thanks for your reply. I did click on the upgrade button and it says it has the latest version. But on the top of the home page there's a message that says I need to do it from my desktop.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    Hi Padman, do you have any coupon code for buying the new HTV A3 box? Thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Not at the moment. Supposedly they are sending me two boxes for review.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I think that's just some bug with their system. I get that on my top as well.
    Thanks for your reply. I did click on the upgrade button and it says it has the latest version. But on the top of the home page there's a message that says I need to do it from my desktop.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    Padman, appreciate your work on this. Look forward to see your review before I buy. Will be great if you got a coupon code from them. Thanks again.
  • Any idea when HTV will finish their remedial work in relation to the Playback Apps. I also have the "update" notice but my system is up-to-dated.
  • @padman Which tv box should I purchase. HTV5, funtv, or unblock tech.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Any news on the box? I think we're all becoming frustrated with the current box.
  • 粵繽紛 V8.1.1。播完一集後,便不能播跟著那集。
    要關機,重新開機才行。
    I am using A2 that purchased 1 and half months ago from original site. Currently living in USA California.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Unfortunately, I have not gotten any update from the owner.

I will take them off as the site sponsor later today.
    Any news on the box? I think we're all becoming frustrated with the current box.