Buying HTV5 for US household

2»

Comments

• my a1 has been down for a few months. looks like they are trying to stop older version and sell newer box.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Just same life cycle like TVPad. :(
    my a1 has been down for a few months. looks like they are trying to stop older version and sell newer box.
  • my a1 has been down for a few months. looks like they are trying to stop older version and sell newer box.
    I have an HTV2 and HTV3 box. Both are experiencing ED-6 message issues and the channel directory does not show nor list on the Taiwan or HK (YueGang Apps)... so I do not think it is the machines, but rather a possible and gradual abandonment of the Live TV Servers hosting the IPTV channels?
    I am in NYC... maybe this is IP based... (requiring a VPN fix?)
  • My htv5/a2 box quits working. It boots up and can start all apps, but none of them works.
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • My htv5/a2 box quits working. It boots up and can start all apps, but none of them works.
    same thing for mine and my brother's A2, just stopped working yesterday July 28.

live tv apps have a loading circle, then drops connection speed to zero. no channel listings come up.
    VOD apps have an endless spinning circle and nothing working.

mainland/mandarin live tv apps seem to work yesterday, but i didnt dive too deep into those.
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • All my apps do not work on all my HTV2/3 and A2 boxes. There is EA-6 messages consistently throughout and no more channel listings. I think this is it ladies and gentlemen... (I was hoping this as a temporary server issue with Hurricane Maria that just passed but...) as of July 29th from New York... looks like it is Rest In Peace...

Maybe this is ip based, whereby N.American addressed are blocked and banned due to recent litigation decisions? Can anyone in other geographic regions advise? :o
  • plasmaplasma Junior Member
    My A2 is pretty much back to normal (replied in another thread)
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • my A2 is back online now. even comes with a message apologizing for the downtime
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • All my apps do not work on all my HTV2/3 and A2 boxes. There is EA-6 messages consistently throughout and no more channel listings. I think this is it ladies and gentlemen... (I was hoping this as a temporary server issue with Hurricane Maria that just passed but...) as of July 29th from New York... looks like it is Rest In Peace...

Maybe this is ip based, whereby N.American addressed are blocked and banned due to recent litigation decisions? Can anyone in other geographic regions advise? :o

I got 2 x HTV2, both are still working in NYC. But 1 can access the live channels and VOD, the other can on access VOD. Not sure if its a MAC address issue. Both using the same network.
    Thanked by 1LuftWaffle
  • Auugust 10th Update. My HTV2 (two boxes) and HTV3 box all work, all apps work, Mainland, Chinese, YueGang, BinFen EXCEPT for TaiMinTV. I also noticed that in my EVPAD boxes, they had an outage that affected their Korean, Japanese and Taiwanese channels. Maybe there is a correlation?

Again, My HTV boxes still work with the exception of Taiwanese (TaiMinTV) app but the strange thing is, the other apps will randomly loop every 2-3 minutes and replay the same segment at intervals. Also noticed that the real time zone delay is now 7+ minutes time difference in broadcast shown on Tv news time to US time when it used to be about -3 minutes time difference. :'(
  • Hi! I'm new to this forum. My parents have always watched the TVB channels the expensive way (paying DirecTV). I'm trying to save them money and looking for alternative methods. I read in another post that HTV5 might be on its way out. Is this still still true? I would like to get them a tv box and keep it as simple as possible for them, but if I have to use some sort of combo like box and stream service, that is cool too. Any recommendations?

I'm glad to have found this forum and will be tuning in often

Cheers and thanks!
  • plasmaplasma Junior Member
    My a2 got an update too, and it has been working fine since my last post regardless. IMO I have been using a2 for more than a year now and got my money's worth. Since a3 is coming out or already out, I would not recommend getting old a2 anymore.
  • Hi! I'm new to this forum. My parents have always watched the TVB channels the expensive way (paying DirecTV). I'm trying to save them money and looking for alternative methods. I read in another post that HTV5 might be on its way out. Is this still still true? I would like to get them a tv box and keep it as simple as possible for them, but if I have to use some sort of combo like box and stream service, that is cool too. Any recommendations?

I'm glad to have found this forum and will be tuning in often

Cheers and thanks!
    Look for Napper if they're only interested in streaming TVB.
    $36 a year only.