BlueTV Review ~ vs TVPad 4 / HTV3 / Ubox

Comments

• Just wondering if you got the Blue TV. I'm waiting for someone who bought one and tested in Australia. Not gonna bother buying unless it's better than tvpad 4
    @neonlight I don't have the TVPad 4 but I heard that the BlueTV and TVPad 4 is basically the same device. It is just the user interface that is different. As you are in Australia and the TVPad is working for you, If I were you, I would not get the BlueTV unless your TVPad 4 is broken! Same as I would not consider the TVPad 4 now that I have the BlueTV as both devices perform the same. If you are concerned that the TVPad 4 will shut down eventually due to the lost lawsuit, just wait for it to shut down before you go out and purchase the BlueTV! What is with TVPad 4 that you are not happy about and think BlueTV might be superior? If you want me to test my BlueTV with anything, just let me know :)

Thanks BadEgg, it makes sense. I guess I'm wondering if the service provided on both tvpad 4 and BlueTV is the same.

Yeah you are right if they are the same just different GUI probably just wait out.

Cheers
  • Hm, so there is no timeshift but does the playback at least auto-play the next video after you choose one? I am deciding between this and tvpad4, we have suffered with ubox long enough lol
  • I guess I'm wondering if the service provided on both tvpad 4 and BlueTV is the same.
    @neonlight If anything, the TVPad 4 should theoretically be the better of the two as it is an older device than BlueTV and has served a larger customer base since. That means even the two boxes use different servers, the servers for TVPad have proven to serve such large volume of traffic without much hiccups whereas BlueTV is still relatively new and may have its teething problems. As mentioned by Padman, the TVPad has time shift function whereas BlueTV doesn't have. Also, I have noticed that the live streaming and VOD playback image quality of BlueTV is not quite as good as I expected, but still very smooth. BlueTV is more aiming towards the US market where TVPad 4 has placed restricted access and people from overseas who do not already have a TVPad 4 (or HTV3 :) )
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BadEgg I think the Bluetv will become the tvpad moving on. You can't even buy tvpad on their website anymore. They're definitely shifting things to the Bluetv
  • edited August 2016
    Hm, so there is no timeshift but does the playback at least auto-play the next video after you choose one? I am deciding between this and tvpad4
    @wolo I just had a play with my BlueTV. I randomly picked a show from replay and after the show has finished playing, the app did not automatically go to the next show. It just stops and gets you back to the playback listing. So your best bet would be getting the TVPad or HTV3 if time shift is your sort of thing.
    we have suffered with ubox long enough lol
    Yeah, tell me about it! However, I did use my UBox to watch some of the Olympics broadcasts this week as channel 7's chosen coverage events suck! :p

Post edited by BadEgg on
  • i just received my bluetv yesterday. the storm tv app is almost like the yuetv app from tvpad4. but with a little more content. everything is pretty smooth and can access the app store.
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    Hi Tylerlee,
    Can you tell me how do you like the replay and VOD on the Blue TV. Is there any buffering issues?
  • Hi Tylerlee,
    Can you tell me how do you like the replay and VOD on the Blue TV. Is there any buffering issues?
    i have both boxes. bluetv replay and vod loads pretty fast without buffering issue. i'm using ethernet cable.
    Hi Tylerlee,
    i have both boxes. bluetv replay and vod loads pretty fast without buffering issue. i'm using ethernet cable.
    Did you meant you have both TVpad4 and Blue TV boxes? I currently have two TVpad4 box and the Yue TV apps recently have a lot of buffering issues watching replay and Vod which I am more interest in watching. Does the BlueTV Cantonese live channel and replay fast and have no buffering issue? Just wanted to confirm before I buy one. Thanks in advance.
  • how is the Live Sports selection like NBA, Premiership, champions league etc?
  • Hi Tylerlee,
    Did you meant you have both TVpad4 and Blue TV boxes? I currently have two TVpad4 box and the Yue TV apps recently have a lot of buffering issues watching replay and Vod which I am more interest in watching. Does the BlueTV Cantonese live channel and replay fast and have no buffering issue? Just wanted to confirm before I buy one. Thanks in advance.
    i have tvpad4 and bluetv. bluetv loads a little faster. no buffering issue on my side.
    Hi Tylerlee,
    i have tvpad4 and bluetv. bluetv loads a little faster. no buffering issue on my side.
    Are the cantonese TVB channel loading fine?
  • Hi Tylerlee,
    Are the cantonese TVB channel loading fine?
    all working fine
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Hey guys. Considering a blueTv. So from what I read. Is everything contained in one app? Then within the app it has live, replay and VOD? Have there been much outages or down time?
  • Yes, it's all in one app.

I have not been using bluetv enough to notice any outage, perhaps others could chime in on it
    Awesome. In terms of movies, do they separate out the canto and mando ones or are they all mixed in?
  • @Mmmaru Check my twitter in about 2-5 minutes. I have the video of the app (movies) section
    @Mmmaru Check my twitter in about 2-5 minutes. I have the video of the app (movies) section
    Just saw it. Thanks! Thought it was funny how you were trying to find dialogue and it keeps ending up in music scenes.
  • Huh, it seem like that now some TV Box sellers like to pull all eggs into one basket.
  • huh? What does that even mean ?
    Huh, it seem like that now some TV Box sellers like to pull all eggs into one basket.