Napper English IPTV Streaming //

tvPad4 Restricted

thomastv
thomastv
edited July 26, 2016 in cnTVPad.com
Tagged:
Several users are getting one of the following error messages today:
你的機頂盒使用受限, 如有疑問請聯繫你的銷售商
Tvpad is restricted. For more information, please contact the seller

We talked with the factory and this seems to be a general problem affecting several boxes. It first appeared yesterday and they try to fix it today.
Meanwhile you could try restarting the box. If this doesn't help then please contact us via www.cntvpad.com and give us your MAC code. We'll try to fix it, even if the box is not from us :)
Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • tomato123
    tomato123
    Show Producer
    Can you talk to the factory and get us downgrade firmware file to version 5.04?
  • thomastv
    thomastv
    tomato123 said:

    Can you talk to the factory and get us downgrade firmware file to version 5.04?

    We just asked them and were told that it's unfortunately not possible.
  • thomastv
    thomastv
    edited June 30, 2016
    The whole issue is mainly related to US users according to the factory.
    We were told that only 2 apps can be used in the US right now: yuetv & 36 tv. Other apps will cause the Restricted message.

    If you get the message in a country other than the US you need to update your apps. It's caused by old/unsupported apps.
    E.g. 粤海宽频 can't be used any more, the new one is called 港粤网络电视

    If you still can't get it working please contact us via email (don't forget to include the MAC code).
  • BennyLam
    BennyLam
    TV Nuts
    @thomastv, I sent in an email to the support group with my MAC a few days ago but so far I am still getting the restricted access message.
  • thomastv
    thomastv
    BennyLam said:

    @thomastv, I sent in an email to the support group with my MAC a few days ago but so far I am still getting the restricted access message.

    Hey!
    Sorry for the late answer. Is it fixed now?
  • BennyLam
    BennyLam
    TV Nuts
    @thomastv, no, I must use VPN to get it to work, otherwise it is a piece of paperweight, nothing could run, even regular Android app. It is in firmware 5.06.
  • cheuk5
    cheuk5
    Senior Member
    BennyLam said:

    @thomastv, no, I must use VPN to get it to work, otherwise it is a piece of paperweight, nothing could run, even regular Android app. It is in firmware 5.06.

    If you are located in USA.And your Tvpad's firmware 5.06 and network setting to use DNS then you will get Restricted message.

    Please try network setting to auto and try to reboot your Tvpad 4 and good to go.
    Thanked by 1thomastv
  • chxzqw
    chxzqw
    Hi thomastv,

    I bought a tvpad4 from previous official website and used it in Australia. I have had this restricted error for several months maybe from Feb or Mar.

    Can you please have a look and fix ?

    Firmware is 5.060 and DNS is already set to auto. I can send you the mac code if you want. Thank you.

    Btw I have post a reply under this thread yesterday and is gone now, which is weird.

  • thomastv
    thomastv
    chxzqw said:

    Hi thomastv,

    I bought a tvpad4 from previous official website and used it in Australia. I have had this restricted error for several months maybe from Feb or Mar.

    Can you please have a look and fix ?

    Firmware is 5.060 and DNS is already set to auto. I can send you the mac code if you want. Thank you.

    Btw I have post a reply under this thread yesterday and is gone now, which is weird.

    Hey!
    Just contact us via email (listed under www.cntvpad.com), our support might be able to help you.
    Mention that Thomas suggested it on the forum, this might speed it up :)
  • chxzqw
    chxzqw
    thomastv said:

    chxzqw said:

    Hi thomastv,

    I bought a tvpad4 from previous official website and used it in Australia. I have had this restricted error for several months maybe from Feb or Mar.

    Can you please have a look and fix ?

    Firmware is 5.060 and DNS is already set to auto. I can send you the mac code if you want. Thank you.

    Btw I have post a reply under this thread yesterday and is gone now, which is weird.

    Hey!
    Just contact us via email (listed under www.cntvpad.com), our support might be able to help you.
    Mention that Thomas suggested it on the forum, this might speed it up :)
    Thanks a lot. Really appreciate that. I will give a try.
  • chxzqw
    chxzqw
    thomastv said:

    chxzqw said:

    Hi thomastv,

    I bought a tvpad4 from previous official website and used it in Australia. I have had this restricted error for several months maybe from Feb or Mar.

    Can you please have a look and fix ?

    Firmware is 5.060 and DNS is already set to auto. I can send you the mac code if you want. Thank you.

    Btw I have post a reply under this thread yesterday and is gone now, which is weird.

    Hey!
    Just contact us via email (listed under www.cntvpad.com), our support might be able to help you.
    Mention that Thomas suggested it on the forum, this might speed it up :)
    Hi thomastv I have sent them email regarding this matter several weeks ago but still don't get any response. Could you please give a hand ? Thanks!
  • tvccc8
    tvccc8
    My tvpad4 is restricted in UK, so contact www.cntvpad.com
    I bought it from TVpad商城 but they tell me to contact www.mtvpad.cn
    unfortunately I cannot contact them anymore that's people know what happen
    anyone can help?
  • cheuk5
    cheuk5
    Senior Member edited October 26, 2016
    tvccc8 said:

    My tvpad4 is restricted in UK, so contact www.cntvpad.com
    I bought it from TVpad商城 but they tell me to contact www.mtvpad.cn
    unfortunately I cannot contact them anymore that's people know what happen
    anyone can help?

    Please try here to see any help from them phoneunlock.com to get any help
  • 535four
    535four
    Yup.. phoneunlock.com is in UK.
  • tvccc8
    tvccc8
    My TVpad 4 is restricted ,Is anyway to make it works as android device?
  • 535four
    535four
    Its already an Android box, Just download any 3rd party apps to work.
  • tvccc8
    tvccc8
    When tvpad4 is restricted, You cannot use remote move any directions to make apps work,
    so it seems dead.
    I know it work if not restricted
  • cheuk5
    cheuk5
    Senior Member
    tvccc8 said:

    When tvpad4 is restricted, You cannot use remote move any directions to make apps work,
    so it seems dead.
    I know it work if not restricted

    What that means in your tvpad4 is restricted.Is it you get a red cross above the user sign on the top of right coner?
  • tvccc8
    tvccc8
    Yes, I got a red cross above the user sign on the top of right corner.
    Can any help?
  • cheuk5
    cheuk5
    Senior Member
    tvccc8 said:

    Yes, I got a red cross above the user sign on the top of right corner.
    Can any help?

    tvccc8 said:

    Yes, I got a red cross above the user sign on the top of right corner.
    Can any help?

    Ok try to do this
    1.made sure no network connection (Ethernet or WiFi)
    2.reboot your Pad 4 (unplug the power)
    3.change the network to auto setting
    4.Reconnect your (Ethernet or WiFi) and reboot your Pad 4
    5 .And tell us what is the result.....................
Sign In or Register to comment.
Legal disclaimer: This site do not sell Tvpads nor any streaming device. No files related to such devices are stored on our website.
This is a public forum. We cannot be held responsible on what individuals do on this forum privately.