Ubox Daily Status Thread

Comments

• @neonlight Don't you have a moonbox already? Isn't tvpad the same thing as moonbox ?
    My Moonbox M3 is dead. No longer shows main menu and cannot reset the no reset button and seller has disappeared.
    try the following method:
    Thanks but unfortunately when I place a screwdriver in there, its bottomless, and no buttons I can trigger
    you'll need to open up the box, as the reset button is built-into the box's mainboard.
    Hmm I see. How easy is it to open the box? And would reset make it back to defaults?
    model of M3 is the first batch which the reset button can only be accessed by opening up the box. However, it's no use opening up as you do not possess the original microSD card with the system firmware to re-format the box. Only the later batch of the M3 Models has the reset button inside the AV port
  • UVOD and UBrec were still not working so I deleted UVOD and UBrec in Android Settings, and then reinstalled them via 应用助手 APKhelper 2.6.2 and they are now both working.
    Thanks, after removing and reinstalling both UVOD and UBrec, they now works on my Upad tablet.

• @neonlight Don't you have a moonbox already? Isn't tvpad the same thing as moonbox ?
    My Moonbox M3 is dead. No longer shows main menu and cannot reset the no reset button and seller has disappeared.
    Thanks but unfortunately when I place a screwdriver in there, its bottomless, and no buttons I can trigger
    you'll need to open up the box, as the reset button is built-into the box's mainboard.
    Hmm I see. How easy is it to open the box? And would reset make it back to defaults?
    model of M3 is the first batch which the reset button can only be accessed by opening up the box. However, it's no use opening up as you do not possess the original microSD card with the system firmware to re-format the box. Only the later batch of the M3 Models has the reset button inside the AV port
    This means there's no point resetting it on the original M3. I've been looking for the MicroSD with the firmware but none online. Is it true that the M3S can be reset without with the firmware files?
    This means there's no point resetting it on the original M3. I've been looking for the MicroSD with the firmware but none online. Is it true that the M3S can be reset without with the firmware files?
    if u can get the reset button to display the screen as in the previous video, then you can restore its original factory setting. you can try since ur box is dead anyways. pop open the box and press the reset button before powering the box.
    if u can get the reset button to display the screen as in the previous video, then you can restore its original factory setting. you can try since ur box is dead anyways. pop open the box and press the reset button before powering the box.
    that's quite true. I think factory reset will just go back to its defaults but I doubt I will have TVapps garden etc but I guess I can ask for those files here. I hope factory reset gives me the original state when the box came with with the Moonbox GUI

that's quite true. I think factory reset will just go back to its defaults but I doubt I will have TVapps garden etc but I guess I can ask for those files here. I hope factory reset gives me the original state when the box came with with the Moonbox GUI

let us know f it works out
  • Recently a family member went to HK reported back UBOX gen 2 only costs $590 HKD. The only reason with drop in price is either they know the device will be out of market soon want to grab as much sales as possible before shutting down for to lawsuit, or simply because TVpad4 already joined forces with TVB officially which increased competition. With the recent updates, I can't say whether it's getting stable at all with unblock tech poor track record.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight Well I don't believe TVPad joining with TVB have much to do with UBox in general.

UBox is mainly targeting the local/mainland crowd. I asked them for a review unit of the Upad but they simply weren't interested, so their primary interest isn't in oversea sales. They are just letting their reseller deal with those on ebay or aliexpress.

• @neonlight Well I don't believe TVPad joining with TVB have much to do with UBox in general.

UBox is mainly targeting the local/mainland crowd. I asked them for a review unit of the Upad but they simply weren't interested, so their primary interest isn't in oversea sales. They are just letting their reseller deal with those on ebay or aliexpress.

Yes but according to most forums Unblocktech is targeting overseas. Perhaps they jsut don't want to send out Upad for you to test drive or review for other reasons. All the eBay or Amazon listings all about watching UBOX overseas, no restrictions etc. So I don't believe their interest is not overseas.

In mainland China there are plenty of boxes cheaper, more efficient, and has more content than UBOX. So I don't think they have a market at all.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited May 2016
    @neonlight If you compare the facebook page on UB vs tvpad/htv you will see a huge difference in marketing strategy/customer service. If they are actually targeting overseas, their support wouldn't be in Chinese only. Of course oversea sales is still an income for them, money is money after all. But I'm just saying their main target is the local crowd (including other Asia regions like Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, etc...)

Also if you look on their website, you can't buy it online unlike tvpad/htv/moonbox/weltv.

You are right perhaps there are other reasons they don't want to send a review unit to me. But any good management will know the best form of advertising is through word of mouth. For them to send me a unit will cost literally peanut to them. If you want to test out the word of mouth theory just look at what other forum members on here think of the reliability of the Ubox. I'm sure if they have to choose, they wouldn't be recommending the UBox to their family & friends due to the poor reliability.

P.S. google for unblocktech ubox review and you'll be surprised what the first result is :)
    Thanked by 1david_tong

let us know f it works out
    Hey, guess what? I forcefully opened the box and found one white reset button. I did that and it factory reset the box, it left me with TV apps garden so at least I could install bundled apps plus there's some display now on TV
  • ProstProst Junior Member
    Recently a family member went to HK reported back UBOX gen 2 only costs $590 HKD. The only reason with drop in price is either they know the device will be out of market soon want to grab as much sales as possible before shutting down for to lawsuit, or simply because TVpad4 already joined forces with TVB officially which increased competition. With the recent updates, I can't say whether it's getting stable at all with unblock tech poor track record.
    After all the recent update, I mainly use my uBox with Kodi to watch all the dramas/shows, the live TV is good for occasionally watch of live TV but until they can fix the uRec apps for delay watch, I will mainly use Kodi to watch my stuffs
  • Ubtv, not working again today. Anyone have this problem
    Ubrec is ok.
  • upgraded to UBTV v8.2 and I wish I could go back, it crashes often on my UPad tablet
  • Actually it's pretty good, pictures are much sharper and richer than before, they're trying to improving to satisfying their customers. I think Unblock is the most dislike product for the Competitors because of their cheap price.
  • Actually it's pretty good, pictures are much sharper and richer than before, they're trying to improving to satisfying their customers. I think Unblock is the most dislike product for the Competitors because of their cheap price.
    Yes, I agreed. Good and value for money.
  • I also updated to 8.2 recently. The favorite in the previous version has been replace by collection. Any body know how to add channel into collection?
    Thanks
  • Press and hold the OK button...
    Thanked by 1david_tong
  • Hi, is UBTV down again for everyone? UBRec seems to be working. Thanks.
  • I updated new 8.2 ubtv app(english) but it shows "please wait..." and eventually "Error" after
    a few minutes. when I updated it to chinese version, it seems working but can't find it anymore
    on my ubox.
    Can anybody send me ubtv 8.2 in chinese?