Ubox Daily Status Thread

padmanpadman Moderator
edited July 2016 in UnblockTech UBox / UPad
Since the recent updates Unblock is releasing, the Ubox has been unstable. Let's collaborate and report our box status.

S1: UBTV (Working/VOD don't work)
S2: Chinese TV (Working)
S3: HDP (don't work)
S4: TV Family (Working)

April 5: UBTV (Working)
April 6: VIU TV now available in the UBTV listing
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    I have buffering issue with ubtv on the 4/4/2016 Australian Time.
  • UBTV app has been updated and they have added a extra menu.
  • UBTV app has been very stable today. As a recent owner, I have very bad experience with UBTV app. Things such as video loops randomly and channel completely froze has occurred during the 3 weeks I have with UBTV box.

I'm very surprised today. No hiccup on video streaming today. Hope this stable trend continues as I"m looking for a stable IPTV experience and would not hesitate to use pay app as long it is stable and without buffer issue as I have experienced with UBTV.
  • After more testing of UBTV Live TV, I just found out certain channels are stable. Some other channels are just so unstable that it will skip and eventually freeze when you view them after watching for certain period of time.
  • UVOD is not working at all. The shows are all showing g thumbnails but all are 1/0 with no links to content inside. This box is terrible
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @neonlight I don't think UVOD ever worked. I always used the other vod app you can download in the app store
  • silverstar12silverstar12 Junior Member
    As of 4/6/16, UBTV and ULive is working fine. UBREC and UVOD still have problem. The menu showed up but is gettiing 0 kb/s donwload. Did anyone have UBREC working?
  • @neonlight I don't think UVOD ever worked. I always used the other vod app you can download in the app store
    Hey, I was wondering what the other VOD app was called?
  • @neonlight I don't think UVOD ever worked. I always used the other vod app you can download in the app store
    Hi padman, I have used UVOD before and that GUI is the same as Moonbox. It has worked before the recent upgrades.

Anyway I got a message from the seller I got Unblocktech from. So I would like to share to everyone. Hope this helps.....

Thank you for your enquires, unblock tech is updating their server to improve lagging issues, please:
    1) Do the factory reset
    2) Run the pop up update
    3) Run the UB market one click installation
    4) )UBTV is currently under testing, it dose flash in/out, please watch live program from UB直播.
    5) Back live tvs:

http://ubdata.b0.upaiyun.com/hklive.apk
    http://ubdata.b0.upaiyun.com/live2.apk

Backup Live APK:
    http://ubdata.b0.upaiyun.com/hklive.apk
    http://ubdata.b0.upaiyun.com/live2.apk

I'll translated their official informations for you, it basically says due to the lagging problem, unblock tech decides to rebuilt their servers and scheduled to have it done with in a week, there's nothing wrong with the hardware. Please contact them with the numbers provided if there's any question.
    Their official Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/hkunblocktech/?fref=photo
    為解決卡頻等問題.伺服器將全面提升,所以有可能導致閃退等現像,最快日內回復,最慢主機房也將在1周後完成。期間有可能導致服務不穩定,但維護好之後會更穩定。在這段時間給客戶帶來不便,敬請客戶原諒! 如果部份服務受到影響,與機器硬件無關,用戶請放心。如果遇到任何問題24小時也可以致電
    Hey, I was wondering what the other VOD app was called?
    The app is just called UVOD with red icon. Previously that worked for latest drama but the content right now is not working at all. Only UBTV works with live channels and its backup channel resembles Moonbox Live channel app in purple icon.
  • GTO656GTO656 Junior Member
    edited April 2016
    Any chance to get the backup channel link? It was working fine but yesterday/today it just has loading icon and won't play any channels. Thanks
    Edit: nvm its seems to be working again yay
    Post edited by GTO656 on
  • markthadymarkthady Junior Member
    there used to be ubtv chinese and ubtv english. but after the firmware update the ubtv chinese is missing. the S1 refers to ubtv english but previously refers to ubtv chinese. At the moment there is only one ubtv icon (new) shown. anyone has both ubtv?
  • I have tried UBTV Chinese and English version of the app but none of the channels are loading, stuck at 0kbps?
  • these 2 version were history, the only version working is on updated 3.3.4 otherwise it will prompt for update.
    the only VOD working is in the Online TV app S1, VOD is right next to the HD live, all dramas and movies are there.
  • UBTV not working today. Can not load any channels.
  • these 2 version were history, the only version working is on updated 3.3.4 otherwise it will prompt for update.
    I'm on 3.2.1 firmware version so I need to update to 3.3.4 for UBTV to work?
    I'm on 3.2.1 firmware version so I need to update to 3.3.4 for UBTV to work?
    Is ur box still giving u a popup for the 3.3.4 update? My box stopped asking if i wanted to do the update for a few days, then started back up again (popup for version 3.3.4); this is getting annoying. My question is, for those that have updated version to 3.3.4, are there any noticeable changes to stability/buffering issues on ubtv live chanels? If not, then i cannot see any other good reason to go thru this...since the box is only used for ulive anyway.
    It seems like Ulive is not working today. When I load apps helper to see if I should uninstall the apps, the box just frozen up. It never come back again even I unplug the power and press the reset button in the back. My box is only 3 months old, what a piece of shit. I would never recommend anyone buying this box especially you cant get any helo from Unblock. Their service number is always no one answer and they dont return your email. It is a junk.
    If anyone can tell me how to unfreeze the unblock box. I would be greatly appreciated.