UBTV won't load

Comments

• edited March 2016
    Can someone post how 319 looks like. Thank you
    How come is not I do not have.
    If you have a HK version box you'll not get it, only shows on a Oversea's version 3.3.1 Installer.
    it's actually a DDPlayer you may download it from
    http://www.filedropper.com/hdptv-dpplaycom-1-v100
    My box version show oversea version 3.2.6 but no update today.
    Ubtv won't load this morning but use Test app and Ubtv can watch now only few channel. So unstable.
    Why don't you install the HDPTv app instead? the download link I was posted above.
    I have HDP app but I seldom use it because is all Chinese program, UBtv have a lot English program. My ubox is brought in HK through a friend, is consider HK version box? Right? But I am not getting version 3.3.1 update here in my country which is close to HK.
    Is there any way of getting the 3.3.1 update from some where else?
    Thank you in advance.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    There is no way of forcing winlauncher updates from what my supplying dealer told me.

Both winlauncher 3.2.6 and 3.3.1 appear to be aimed at delivering the ULive (UB直播) 'backup' app because most ubox owners wish to access the chinese TV channels when UBTV is down. It is unclear whether or not you also get the 319金山高 (HDPtv) app.

It looks like 3.2.6 was 'rushed out' to fix the reset/refresh problem witnessed with older versions of winlauncher.

The APP Market in 3.3.1 doesn't appear to detect whether an app is already installed or not. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are working on a newer winlauncher.

fwiw, my older ubox (global overseas) with 3.2.6 does not have 319金山高 (HDPtv) app, but my relative's brand new ubox with 3.3.1 does have 319金山高 (HDPtv) app in 'APP Market'.

If you are missing ULive (UB直播) app, then go into Android's 'Settings' -> 'Apps'. Look for 'HKTV' app. Uninstall it. Go back to APP Market and use apphelph3.apk (v2.5.8) to redownload all the apps. ULive (UB直播) should hopefully reappear. This is what I had to do with my ubox with winlauncher v3.2.6 & apphelph3.apk v2.5.8.

Post edited by bamby8 on
  • edited March 2016
    There is no way of forcing winlauncher updates from what my supplying dealer told me.

Both winlauncher 3.2.6 and 3.3.1 appear to be aimed at delivering the ULive (UB直播) 'backup' app because most ubox owners wish to access the chinese TV channels when UBTV is down. It is unclear whether or not you also get the 319金山高 (HDPtv) app.

It looks like 3.2.6 was 'rushed out' to fix the reset/refresh problem witnessed with older versions of winlauncher.

The APP Market in 3.3.1 doesn't appear to detect whether an app is already installed or not. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are working on a newer winlauncher.

fwiw, my older ubox (global overseas) with 3.2.6 does not have 319金山高 (HDPtv) app, but my relative's brand new ubox with 3.3.1 does have 319金山高 (HDPtv) app in 'APP Market'.

If you are missing ULive (UB直播) app, then go into Android's 'Settings' -> 'Apps'. Look for 'HKTV' app. Uninstall it. Go back to APP Market and use apphelph3.apk (v2.5.8) to redownload all the apps. ULive (UB直播) should hopefully reappear. This is what I had to do with my ubox with winlauncher v3.2.6 & apphelph3.apk v2.5.8.

Hi
    I also have ulive app. The thing is that I prefer Ubtv because it has all the English , Korean and Japanese program. The funny thing is that why version 3.3.1 is not available for update to us.

I also do not have the 319 app that everyone is talking about.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.
  • The update is now for ubtv app.

For those in the UK
  • Update - still issues in loading the live tv.
  • FIRST OF ALL, I would like to thank "padman" for this site.

I am very happy to have found this site.

I am also a previous owner of TVPAD3. Enjoyed it for about a year plus but now it is just a box that has only Phantoman app installed. I hope someone can find a way to install android operating system in the tvpad3 box so that i don't have to throw it away.

I have now moved over to Unblock TV gen. 2

My UBTV started working again this evening and I am really happy because my family enjoy watching Japanese live channels.

It wasn't working well this afternoon and we missed watching SUMO competition by NHK live.

Also, like to thank all the regular contributors in this forum. Your constant sharing really helps because I cannot read Chinese and don't understand the notification messages.
    I would like to 2nd this....thank u padman, and all regular contributors...i'm korean so the chinese notifications, etc. always frustrate me too...u guys helped thru a really tough period w/ the tvpad's....and now that we've moved on to other things like ubox gen2, again thank u for all the awesome help...u guys rock

I am also a previous owner of TVPAD3. Enjoyed it for about a year plus but now it is just a box that has only Phantoman app installed. I hope someone can find a way to install android operating system in the tvpad3 box so that i don't have to throw it away.

My UBTV started working again this evening and I am really happy because my family enjoy watching Japanese live channels.

It wasn't working well this afternoon and we missed watching SUMO competition by NHK live.

Also, like to thank all the regular contributors in this forum. Your constant sharing really helps because I cannot read Chinese and don't understand the notification messages.
    I would like to 2nd this....thank u padman, and all regular contributors...i'm korean so the chinese notifications, etc. always frustrate me too...u guys helped thru a really tough period w/ the tvpad's....and now that we've moved on to other things like ubox gen2, again thank u for all the awesome help...u guys rock

• Oops....how did that happen, sorry....guess i hit the button too many times
  • I was able to update from winlauncher 2.3.6 to 3.3.1

What i did was first I uninstalled winlauncher 2.3.6 updates.

A message then appeared asking me to update and install winlauncher 3.3.1

UBTV was also updated but the Japanese channels are still having problems and unable to stream. Some other live channels worked ok.

UBTV was also updated but the Japanese channels are still having problems and unable to stream. Some other live channels worked ok.

Thanks cp! Good to know about the winlauncher.

Will do that next time.
    I'm scared to update the box....so i have avoided it, gun-shy after tvpad disasters....am i being silly? Has everybody successfully updated to version 3.3.1 w/out running into problems? Sounded like initially somebody updated and regretted it....and is it necessary to update version? I did update ubtv though and its still not loading, trying to watch the live korean channels....no luck, anybody able to successfully update and watch ubtv live korean channel? Noticed the channel lineup has also changed....
    I'm scared to update the box....so i have avoided it, gun-shy after tvpad disasters....am i being silly? Has everybody successfully updated to version 3.3.1 w/out running into problems? Sounded like initially somebody updated and regretted it....and is it necessary to update version? I did update ubtv though and its still not loading, trying to watch the live korean channels....no luck, anybody able to successfully update and watch ubtv live korean channel? Noticed the channel lineup has also changed....
    I plan to update the winlauncher bcos the new ubtv app seems to be good.

@ booboo - did u update ubtv app? If so give it until next week. I think the servers will be back to normal.

Hopefully.
    Thanked by 1booboolee

Will it affect others app?
    Which is better? 3.2.6 or 3.3.1
    Do 3.3.1 have the 319 app?
    Thank you.
  • rwny1rwny1 Junior Member
    Hello,

Does anyone have the firmware file? I tried to update 2x but both failed and now i do not even get the update available message anymore after restarting box. Its for overseas version.

Thank you,
    Randy
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    I was able to update from winlauncher 2.3.6 to 3.3.1

What is the version no. of the new UBTV? (Old one was v7.9 I think) Any visible changes to the new UBTV?

This is just a thought, but manually uninstalling winlauncher 2.3.6 may carry a small risk.

ie. what if no message appears asking to update to winlauncher 3.3.1 because there is a server problem ? Will the ubox still work if it was subsequently restarted with no winlauncher? Perhaps it reverts back to the original version of winlauncher which shipped with the firmware ?

Post edited by bamby8 on

What is the version no. of the new UBTV? (Old one was v7.9 I think)

This is just a thought, but manually uninstalling winlauncher 2.3.6 may carry a small risk.

ie. what if no message appears asking to update to winlauncher 3.3.1 because there is a server problem ? Will the ubox still work if it was subsequently restarted with no winlauncher? Perhaps it reverts back to the original version of winlauncher which shipped with the firmware ?

Yeah. That's a good one, better not anyhow un-install the winlauncher.
  • edited March 2016
    I was able to update from winlauncher 2.3.6 to 3.3.1

What is the version no. of the new UBTV? (Old one was v7.9 I think)

Before uninstalling, I did a a back up of the winlauncher (installer apk file) using file manager.

After uninstalling, it reverted back to the original winlauncher that came with the box.

Winlauncher is not exactly a firmware. It's an application. But it does have some control over how ubtv application or some other application s used in unblock tvbox behaves. Like triggering their updates and keeping correct server connections??

Well, I don't know. Or maybe it is in a sense. Anyway, as enduser , As long as things work, I'm not someone who will want to know deep into unblock technological trade secrets.

I just hope they are good enough in their work to keep streaming unblocked. From all kinds of attacks and hacking.