Streaming in Tvpad4 is appalling

Not sure why the Tvpad play back is stopping and starting recently. Initially I thought it was only my problem, but it happens to all my friends and family :/ it can suddenly freezes for a very long time and the speed will drop to 0kb/s, and resumes play after a loooonnnnggg time! Very frustrating :s

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Do you mean the 3 days playback or VOD ?

Haven't seen any issue here.
  • Both 3day play back and live broadcast, and it happens to all Apps, the streaming will just pause for a very long time with speed like 0kb/s, and it will resume after a long while when my wifi speed is perfectly healthy 160mb, and I can surf internet with no issues. It happens to all my brother and sister's Tvpad. Have put up with this for quite a while but it has been happening too frequently to ignore. I used to have a help desk website to report Tvpad issues and was manned 247, but unfortunately that website is no longer available for some reason. Am surprised no one has raised this issue in U.K.!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Are your brother and sister using the same ISP as you ?

No problems with live or playback over here in Canada.
  • It does pauses sometimes with 0 kbs what you do is hit back and try play again. Sometimes you need to forward that few secs with broken streams
  • Are your brother and sister using the same ISP as you ?

We all use different ISPs.

As neonlight has pointed out, it pauses sometimes with 0kb/s, and I will fast forward a few seconds, but it JUST STUCK there comfortably for very long time, and sometimes I resorted to switching it on and off and even unplug the Tvpad or even restart my wifi but to no avail. It will eventually come back to life but will repeat the cycle again ????

Thanks for all your advises!

• It's fine with me here too but, it's not accurate when someone only watched a few minutes for no issues vs. few hours.
  • Are your brother and sister using the same ISP as you ?

We all use different ISPs.

As neonlight has pointed out, it pauses sometimes with 0kb/s, and I will fast forward a few seconds, but it JUST STUCK there comfortably for very long time, and sometimes I resorted to switching it on and off and even unplug the Tvpad or even restart my wifi but to no avail. It will eventually come back to life but will repeat the cycle again ????

Thanks for all your advises!

Yeah I know that. It's not my internet. On Moonbox the same drama series for a example works fine. I tend to believe it's the recorded stream issue that it is either broken or server problem on TVpad 4. Like I said due to it using soap P2P, sometimes you need to quit the app then reload it and resume the playback or forward it to skip the part where it gets stuck. You will miss a few seconds but better than not finishing the episode
  • Not sure why the Tvpad play back is stopping and starting recently. Initially I thought it was only my problem, but it happens to all my friends and family :/ it can suddenly freezes for a very long time and the speed will drop to 0kb/s, and resumes play after a loooonnnnggg time! Very frustrating :s
    use the ethernet cable should solve your problem. had that problem a long time ago. never since..