H.TV5 Box

We are happy to announce that the H.TV5 Box (yes, 4 was skipped) has been (almost) released. We'll get it in stock most probably in the next couple of days.
All H.TV3 orders from this week will be converted to H.TV5 :)
More info here: H.TV5 Box
Tagged:

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Can you advise is USA users be able to access to all apps in the market?
  • UKTVPADUKTVPAD Junior Member
    You should get the US version of HTV5 which is A2
    You should get the US version of HTV5 which is A2
    So A2 is the newest version of this the A1?
  • Sorry for the late reply.
    UKTVPAD is correct, A2 is a H.TV5 clone with the same contents, just no restrictions in the US (and Brazil).
    And yes, A1 was a H.TV3 clone, A2 is a H.TV5 clone :)

We ship the A2 by default to US delivery addresses and/or in case Brazil version is selected.
  • @thomastv

I am interested in possibly purchasing an H.TV5. I would like to ask if the user interface is similar to the TVPAD4. I am looking for something similar for parents easy access to VOD. It is mainly use for VOD. Are the VOD in HD quality similar to TVPAD4 or are they quite blurry like the Unblocktech Ubox Gen 3?

I notice on the website it say H.TV Free Apps (+5.00) which you guys will pre-install the apps for me. Is there no other way of installing the apps by yourself? Paying the extra $5 is for the service for you to install it for me or do I get these apps in a USB for backup purpose in case the device does a restore and everything disappeared?

Also I think I read somewhere HTV is being sued or in a similar situation as TVPAD had last year. Will that cause service interruption? For online support, do you guys only support for a year and afterward you guys are not supporting us anymore or do we get support as long as I have the box?

Looking forward to hear from you. Thank you
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @GeneraznXz

The HTV5 interface is the same as HTV3, so it's pretty easy to navigate. You can check the HTV3 review here. http://tvpadnews.com/2016/01/09/htv3-review-a-true-tvpad-replacemen-and-alternative/

I believe the App install service is because the app store is blocked in the US. However, you can just download those apps on here.

No service interruption after they got "sued". But they released a new box called A1 to service the US region.

@Thomas can answer the reset of the support question you may have.
  • @GeneraznXz

The HTV5 interface is the same as HTV3, so it's pretty easy to navigate. You can check the HTV3 review here. http://tvpadnews.com/2016/01/09/htv3-review-a-true-tvpad-replacemen-and-alternative/

I believe the App install service is because the app store is blocked in the US. However, you can just download those apps on here.

No service interruption after they got "sued". But they released a new box called A1 to service the US region.

@Thomas can answer the reset of the support question you may have.
    padman, i installed the wowtube app from the app store and it ask for the 16 digit code. do u know where i can get those code?
    thanks in advance.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @tylerlee The wowtube app is a paid app. It's the rebranded h265 app.
  • @tylerlee The wowtube app is a paid app. It's the rebranded h265 app.
    thanks for the reply. i saw it on the app store and thought it was free.
  • Hi, I clicked on the sponsor HTV to purchase the HTV5 box, received today, followed the youtube installed video and found that my new HTV5 box does not have the HK, TW and other essential apps. In other words, the reason for buying the HTV5 is mainly TVB and cantonese apps, and they are not there! Can anyone help me how to install those missing apps?

Thanks
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Inside app store you will find 非凡電視 it is the apps you looking for (A2 is name for HTV5 in US)

• Inside app store you will find 非凡電視 it is the apps you looking for (A2 is name for HTV5 in US)

Thanks cheuk5, I put the box in Chinese language and can't find what you mentioned. nor any cantonese apps. In English, inside the app-store 3.11.3 version, I see 3 main big icons, orange "recommend" icon, green "TV" icon, red "demand" icon, and others to the right of screen. I don't see 非凡電視 or "extraordinary" icon in English.

The are no TVB/cantonese apps in any of the icons in the app-store.

I followed the youtube video from the cantonese apps are missing from my box. According to the video, the cantonese apps are in "recommend" icon within the App-Store version 3.11.3, same version as mine, and mine has no cantonese apps, just french, arabic, korean, brasil, portugese...etc. I am almost certain that they are not in my box, where can I download those apps from?

My box does not have A2 on the top, just HTV5. When I order the box, I selected chinese model, explicitly mention for USA in the note.

Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @apkman Where did you buy the box from ?
  • bought it from your sponsor site, buy h.tv5 link at the start of this forum discussion
  • Well, that was fast, less than 12 hours after I email h.tv5 support staff about my missing cantonese apps, I have them all installed, up and running just now. You can't beat that from issue report to matter resolved in 1/2 a day, across 1/2 a day time zone.

Other than the missing Apps with the shipped box, h.tv5 really stand behind their products, so they get a thumbs up from me, speaking as a somewhat tech-know-how person. For those who don't know much about gadgets, that will be tough to say.

Anyway, I really think the whole business of HTV5 and A2 model is confusing. In this forum, people say the model with A2 on the top of the box is for USA, but in HTV-box.com, A2 is for Brazil in their model selection, and I am not sure if this is the result of me received a box without cantonese Apps.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Because HTV got sue by TVB, that's why they came up with A2.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160418006588/en/DISH-TVB-CCTV-File-Lawsuit-Combat-Massive
    Well, that was fast, less than 12 hours after I email h.tv5 support staff about my missing cantonese apps, I have them all installed, up and running just now. You can't beat that from issue report to matter resolved in 1/2 a day, across 1/2 a day time zone.

Other than the missing Apps with the shipped box, h.tv5 really stand behind their products, so they get a thumbs up from me, speaking as a somewhat tech-know-how person. For those who don't know much about gadgets, that will be tough to say.

Anyway, I really think the whole business of HTV5 and A2 model is confusing. In this forum, people say the model with A2 on the top of the box is for USA, but in HTV-box.com, A2 is for Brazil in their model selection, and I am not sure if this is the result of me received a box without cantonese Apps.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Can you share out the apks thanks
    Well, that was fast, less than 12 hours after I email h.tv5 support staff about my missing cantonese apps, I have them all installed, up and running just now. You can't beat that from issue report to matter resolved in 1/2 a day, across 1/2 a day time zone.

Can you advise how it was resolved? I think the sponsored site specifically puts the apps as an extra fee for them to preinstall it for you cuz USA folks can't access the apps due to lawsuit.
  • I chatted online with their support staff late last night, uploaded a few TV screens to show what I was seeing on my box, guess they figured out what my issue was overnight, then they sent me email with steps to resolve the issue.