WelTV 3 specifications?

Hi

Does anyone know the specifications for the WelTV 3?
I've been trying to find it, but to no avail. :'(

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• WELTV was one of TCL company made and it is very stable and no buffer issues when they issue the first generation box. WELTV focus on content more than the specification. And their box is more expensive but more stable.
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • edited September 2016
    Thank you for your advice.

I'm currently using the WelTV TK8202. It's currently having a number of issues with the connection including dropping out, buffering and crashing issues for TV Plus and live TV.

I was thinking of purchasing the WelTV 3 or trying the HTV 3 in hope that it won't have these issues. I can't seem to decide between the two.
  • Thank you for your advice.

I'm currently using the WelTV TK8202. It's currently having a number of issues with the connection including dropping out, buffering and crashing issues for TV Plus and live TV.

I was thinking of purchasing the WelTV 3 or trying the HTV 3 in hope that it won't have these issues. I can't seem to decide between the two.
    I have the old WELTV TK8202 too. Reason having too much black screen because they don't have firmware update to fix the bugs and also because they updated their system making the box with certain compitablity issues not able to box fixed by update the firmware or software.

If you wanted to buy a branded box, I will suggest WELTV3.
    if you go for an empty box to customized it by yourself,go for Zidoo.

Zidoo box come with firmware update, you won't need to worry the connection or black screen issue simply because they provide firmware update continuously fix the known issues.

While there are many box with excellent specification and cheap simply because they just sell the box without after sale firmware update to fix the known bugs.
    Zidoo box is just about $10 to $30 more expensive than other non-branded box with similar specification. it is a good investment.

Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • Ah I see. Thank you very much for the info. I didn't know that they had compatibility issues.

I ended up buying the WelTV3 for my parents but thank you for the info on Zidoo. I might get one myself =]

I was having a look at the WelTV3 app market and realise the Hello 7 days Live and Cantonese VOD isn't there. Seems like they have taken it off and I can't find the apk. ~_~ Any suggestions?
  • Ah I see. Thank you very much for the info. I didn't know that they had compatibility issues.

I ended up buying the WelTV3 for my parents but thank you for the info on Zidoo. I might get one myself =]

I was having a look at the WelTV3 app market and realise the Hello 7 days Live and Cantonese VOD isn't there. Seems like they have taken it off and I can't find the apk. ~_~ Any suggestions?
    See...that's why they never get in trouble, but anyway, here's the official site for you to download all the apps that you'll needed, just registered to get in and hope you read Chinese.
    http://bbs.weltv.net/thread-1682-1-1.html
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016
    No offensive..Tiramisu. I wouldn't purchase a plain media box for $130. A cheap box like Beelink X2 for less than $30 is auto firmware update. I've had purchased a Minix Neo X8-H Plus for $180 (big mistake) when it first came out, and it's OTA firmware update too, and it doesn't do better than X2 if you just want to used for watch vod rather than playing games.
    A another cheap box $29 "Nexbox A95X" 64 bit and it's firmware upgradable, it toke the undated when I first plug-in.

Post edited by 535four on

See...that's why they never get in trouble, but anyway, here's the official site for you to download all the apps that you'll needed, just registered to get in and hope you read Chinese.
    http://bbs.weltv.net/thread-1682-1-1.html
    Thank you for the link =) Avast blocked the site because they found malware, but I think it should be ok!
    No offensive..Tiramisu. I wouldn't purchase a plain media box for $130. A cheap box like Beelink X2 for less than $30 is auto firmware update. I've had purchased a Minix Neo X8-H Plus for $180 (big mistake) when it first came out, and it's OTA firmware update too, and it doesn't do better than X2 if you just want to used for watch vod rather than playing games.
    A another cheap box $29 "Nexbox A95X" 64 bite and it's firmware upgradable, it toke the undated when I first plug-in.

Thank you for the advice. I will have a look into the ones you mentioned before I make a final decision =)
  • edited November 2016
    Is anyone now still using the WELTV3?

I just need one to be more stable and with NBA, Discovery Channels, National Geographic, TVB, ViuTV, CNN Channels. I wonder if the WELTV3 contents are still the same with WELTV TK8202.

Can someone share experience how often the downtime WELTV3 happen and what major issues WELTV3 with?
  • Well...I'm still using tk8202, I'vehad purchased 2 Weltv3 for my friends about six months now, I have never heard or complaint from them.
    When I set it up the box for them when I first got it, yes, it's still the same apps and channels like the tk8202.
    If you have using tk8020 lately, you'll notice that a banner crossing on top of the screen stated that it has many cloned boxes out there and need to updated the apps and box, after that it's working fine but it seems like they having a version 4 coming out, not sure if it's weltv 3 they meant.
  • edited November 2016
    I tried many different IPTV, WELTV is most stable one, i wanted to buy WELTV 4, do you know when the WELTV 4 to be released?

I feel the quality of the box is very poor to buy. I would like to get one with higher class specification.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited November 2016
    I tried many different IPTV, WELTV is most stable one, i wanted to buy WELTV 4, do you know when the WELTV 4 to be released?

I feel the quality of the box is very poor to buy. I would like to get one with higher class specification.
    No idea when will be available, I felt the same way, the WELTV is the most stable on the market but no body listen.

Most peoples are not looking for higher specs, they looking for the most stable box. the best way for you is buy a high specs Android box and install apps for yourself.
    Or, you may consider a Small Seven 4, RK3368 64 bit and 8 core of CPU, 2 GB of Ram, 32 GB of ROM, so far it's the higher specs I've ever seen on IPTV.
    Post edited by 535four on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @535four not that nobody listened, but there is absolutely zero information available on the web about the weltv

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I had a bad experience with them so I'm not a fan. I don't think it's as user friendly as the other ones.
  • I had a bad experience with them so I'm not a fan. I don't think it's as user friendly as the other ones.
    What happen???

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    My unit died after a month of receiving it. Also you have to find the apps online or through one of user assisted links here. You have to manually update the apps from time to time, one at a time. Not sure if they have a workaround for that. The unit itself feels kind of cheap and most of the time I had to launch the apps several times before I can connect.
  • edited November 2016
    Many branded IPTV Box is cheap, they buy the content to make the box work. If they sell a box like Zidoo X9 quality, over $200 is too expensive and their profit will be too little.

I have an ULTRA HD Live app, and never work in any branded IPTV Box and Nexbox, it only work on premium brand box Like Zidoo, Himedia boxes
  • Many branded IPTV Box is cheap, they buy the content to make the box work. If they sell a box like Zidoo X9 quality, over $200 is too expensive and their profit will be too little.

I have an ULTRA HD Live app, and never work in any branded IPTV Box and Nexbox, it only work on premium brand box Like Zidoo, Himedia boxes
    you mind to share the app or name?
  • Is anyone now still using the WELTV3?

I just need one to be more stable and with NBA, Discovery Channels, National Geographic, TVB, ViuTV, CNN Channels. I wonder if the WELTV3 contents are still the same with WELTV TK8202.

Can someone share experience how often the downtime WELTV3 happen and what major issues WELTV3 with?
    Sorry for the super late reply and belated Merry Christmas! And early Happy New Year to you and everyone!!

My dad uses the Weltv3 the most. There seems to be a fair amount of downtime for TVB - HelloLive. But I think it's more to do with the TVB server? Because other channels works fine, like the China channels. Unfortunately we don't use the other channels you mentioned, so I can't really comment on it, sorry.

The contents for the Weltv3 are quite similar to the TK8202. There are some new apps on Weltv3 that wasn't on the TK. We had an karaoke app on the TK that was impossible to load for most songs. But on the Weltv3 it was working 90% of the time, which was great.

The Weltv3 has been having issues here and there. It always like to revert the time back to 1970 or something? This messes the apps up and we have to change the time back.
    Recently my dad said the Weltv3 was having turning on and off issues. Just today it just ko-ed on us. It's completely stuck on the Weltv loading screen. I've tried turning on and off a few times and it doesn't work =.=" I also tried pressing 0 and other buttons on the the remote but nothing worked T_T
    So I gave up and I messaged their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WELTV-1476456612568519/) hoping they will get back to me soon. Luckily our TK8202 is still working, so we're using that temporarily.

Sorry for the super late reply and belated Merry Christmas! And early Happy New Year to you and everyone!!

My dad uses the Weltv3 the most. There seems to be a fair amount of downtime for TVB - HelloLive. But I think it's more to do with the TVB server? Because other channels works fine, like the China channels. Unfortunately we don't use the other channels you mentioned, so I can't really comment on it, sorry.

The contents for the Weltv3 are quite similar to the TK8202. There are some new apps on Weltv3 that wasn't on the TK. We had an karaoke app on the TK that was impossible to load for most songs. But on the Weltv3 it was working 90% of the time, which was great.

The Weltv3 has been having issues here and there. It always like to revert the time back to 1970 or something? This messes the apps up and we have to change the time back.
    Recently my dad said the Weltv3 was having turning on and off issues. Just today it just ko-ed on us. It's completely stuck on the Weltv loading screen. I've tried turning on and off a few times and it doesn't work =.=" I also tried pressing 0 and other buttons on the the remote but nothing worked T_T
    So I gave up and I messaged their facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/WELTV-1476456612568519/) hoping they will get back to me soon. Luckily our TK8202 is still working, so we're using that temporarily.
    WELTV3刷机教程

http://bbs.iptvbar.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10&extra=page=1
    Thanked by 1SnowTiramisu

WELTV3刷机教程

http://bbs.iptvbar.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=10&extra=page=1