a1 box?

MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
Does anyone have the A1 box? Any reviews?

Comments

• A1 is pretty expensive, I saw an ad claiming Turbo TV company was register on Malayasia, the content is lesser to get interfered by Chinese regulator, and I ordered It and will be delivery on Wednesday.
  • Does anyone have the A1 box? Any reviews?
    i was wondering the same thing.
  • Just received my A1 box today. First important thing is that it can access to the app store. Installed some apps and playing around with it. The response is pretty smooth and fast. The apps are almost identical to the htv3, but with different names. Live and VOD works good. The seven day replay is choppy. As I only use the box for VOD, it doesn't affect me. I also owned the tvpad4, htv3 and Bluetv. In my overall opinion, this box is ok. One last important note, the spec of this box says that it has 8gb rom. From what i see, it only has 1gb of space left for installing apps. Not sure how much they use for the rest of the box.
    Thanked by 1thechengman
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    @tylerlee Since it's the same company as htv. Then I suppose they use the same source. Where did you get your box?
  • edited October 2016
    @tylerlee Since it's the same company as htv. Then I suppose they use the same source. Where did you get your box?
    got it from ebay. the replay app is playing smoothly today. i guess it depends on the time of the day.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Mind telling me the price you got it? I'm just hesitant to buy on eBay knowing what htv did to the last set of resellers for htv.
  • Mind telling me the price you got it? I'm just hesitant to buy on eBay knowing what htv did to the last set of resellers for htv.
    The lowest price for A1 box is around $175 usd on ebay. Shops at chinatown sell it for $300 usd.
  • Just received my A1 box today. First important thing is that it can access to the app store. Installed some apps and playing around with it. The response is pretty smooth and fast. The apps are almost identical to the htv3, but with different names. Live and VOD works good. The seven day replay is choppy. As I only use the box for VOD, it doesn't affect me. I also owned the tvpad4, htv3 and Bluetv. In my overall opinion, this box is ok. One last important note, the spec of this box says that it has 8gb rom. From what i see, it only has 1gb of space left for installing apps. Not sure how much they use for the rest of the box.
    Hi Tylerlee, out of the four boxes you own, how would you rank them if price was not a concern? I'm looking at getting either the HTV3, BlueTV or A1 box but the reviews online don't seem to say which one is superior.

Thanks
    Hi Tylerlee, out of the four boxes you own, how would you rank them if price was not a concern? I'm looking at getting either the HTV3, BlueTV or A1 box but the reviews online don't seem to say which one is superior.

Thanks
    1. Bluetv - simple and smooth
    2. A1 - has more old classic dramas than Bluetv but replay app is choppy sometime.
    3. Htv3 is almost the same as the A1, but is having a lot of little problems lately. I guess is because they are being sued right now. while the first 2 boxes haven't yet.
    Thanked by 1thechengman

Thanks
    2. A1 - has more old classic dramas than Bluetv but replay app is choppy sometime.
    3. Htv3 is almost the same as the A1, but is having a lot of little problems lately. I guess is because they are being sued right now. while the first 2 boxes haven't yet.
    Thanks Tylerlee
  • edited October 2016
    Just received my A1 box today. First important thing is that it can access to the app store. Installed some apps and playing around with it. The response is pretty smooth and fast. The apps are almost identical to the htv3, but with different names. Live and VOD works good. The seven day replay is choppy. As I only use the box for VOD, it doesn't affect me. I also owned the tvpad4, htv3 and Bluetv. In my overall opinion, this box is ok. One last important note, the spec of this box says that it has 8gb rom. From what i see, it only has 1gb of space left for installing apps. Not sure how much they use for the rest of the box.

Thanks
    Hi tylerlee,

Just one last question about the VOD apps. I actually recently got the HTV3 for my dad and I was wanting to know in terms of content, is it exactly the same on the A1 box? I know you said something along these lines but more specifically, I was actually wanting to see if it had the old/new cantonese cartoons (doreamon, sailormoon etc...) as my kids really like that stuff and my wife's into the Dayo Wong stand up comedies which are on the HTV3.

Thanks
    Post edited by thechengman on
  • Hi tylerlee,

Just one last question about the VOD apps. I actually recently got the HTV3 for my dad and I was wanting to know in terms of content, is it exactly the same on the A1 box? I know you said something along these lines but more specifically, I was actually wanting to see if it had the old/new cantonese cartoons (doreamon, sailormoon etc...) as my kids really like that stuff and my wife's into the Dayo Wong stand up comedies which are on the HTV3.

Thanks
    A1 is almost the same as htv3. It has alll the stuff u mentioned. I think they just change the name of the apps and link to the same server.
    Thanked by 1thechengman
  • I actually ended up getting the HTV3 after speaking with an Australian supplier. They mentioned that the A1 is a rebranded HTV3 and came about when the company was sued in the US. But in Australia, where I live, there's no issues so either box will provide the same content.

It's actually quite hard to get the A1 in Australia with only one Australian eBay seller having the unit and selling it at a premium price. I got the HTV3 because I bought it from a seller I trusted and figured the differences would be minor and of course, the price was cheaper.

I'm still a bit intrigued as tylerlee has had better experiences with the A1 so it'd be interesting to see how much life I get out of the HTV3.
  • I actually ended up getting the HTV3 after speaking with an Australian supplier. They mentioned that the A1 is a rebranded HTV3 and came about when the company was sued in the US. But in Australia, where I live, there's no issues so either box will provide the same content.

It's actually quite hard to get the A1 in Australia with only one Australian eBay seller having the unit and selling it at a premium price. I got the HTV3 because I bought it from a seller I trusted and figured the differences would be minor and of course, the price was cheaper.

I'm still a bit intrigued as tylerlee has had better experiences with the A1 so it'd be interesting to see how much life I get out of the HTV3.
    If you know their source of content are from the same provider, it doesn't matter it is HTV3 or A1.

HTV3 is more often with down time in USA now, content update always delayed as well, but the good is Cantonese VOD with a lot of Korean and Japanese dramas.