Cantonese playback down?

MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
Can someone confirm if the Cantonese playback app is completely down for the HTV?

Comments

• Can someone confirm if the Cantonese playback app is completely down for the HTV?
    Are you from USA?
  • owasso96owasso96 Junior Member
    I am in USA, mine is down too?
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    It's back up now but the channels are all shifted.
  • 粵回味has been unwatchable for at least 10 days now.
    I've noticed prime time EST is especially bad. Buffering non stop. I gave up.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Mmmaru what time zone are you in?
    Eastern. 6-10pm is really bad.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited October 2016
    @Mmmaru i'll check on my end.

Edit: so far no buffering at 6:30PM, channels i tested are streaming at 250 - 400KB... oh wait nm, you said cantonese playback. I was testing live...

Edit 2: tested cantonese playback and no buffering so far. streams solid at 350KB during playback.

CP running at 3.9.2

edited October 2016
    @padman your version is 3.9? Mine is only on 3.7 and haven't updated at all since. I wonder if they are cutting off updates to the USA. if that's possible.

Friday through the weekend is ok. It's the Monday through Thursday that's real bad.
  • @Mmmaru i'll check on my end.

Edit: so far no buffering at 6:30PM, channels i tested are streaming at 250 - 400KB... oh wait nm, you said cantonese playback. I was testing live...

Edit 2: tested cantonese playback and no buffering so far. streams solid at 350KB during playback.

CP running at 3.9.2

I’m in the New York region, the Cantonese Replay is not watchable, it’s either a black screen or if connected, the picture is all statics, I hope they will fix it soon.
  • Many TV Boxes Suffer the Same Issue Recently. No Idea how come.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Just tested again, no buffering issue.

Perhaps its your ISPs route thats having issue during prime time ?

• 韩剧台,日剧台,粤语剧台,为食台 all suffered terribly in the last two weeks with constant bufferings or blackout, buut it seems to have improved since 21:00 tonight.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @pepper @Mmmaru what are your isps ?
  • @pepper @Mmmaru what are your isps ?
    verizon fios
  • I spoke too soon, 韩剧台,日剧台,粤语剧台,为食台 all unwatchable again, the programs at 21:00 to midnight yesterday are okay, anything after that are breaking up.
  • edited October 2016
    I believe is the internet down if you use Verizon Internet. Mine internet is down too.
  • I believe is the internet down if you use Verizon Internet. Mine internet is down too.
    It's not the internet, other apps on htv and my other tv boxes all work fine, within the same 粤回味app, 翡翠台,明珠台,VIU are ok, but 韩剧台,日剧台,粤语剧台,为食台 suffered terribly from buffering, it seems to have improved since this afternoon, but picture is still breaking up every few minutes.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @pepper Other apps work fine doesn't mean it's not an internet issue.If your ISP have congestion issue to that particular app's server, that will be a problem.

• edited October 2016
    Sounds like the congestion matter, not about the app. Verizon come to my home to fix that matter, let's see what happen later.