Factory Restore Image - Upgrade S800 Gen 2 to S900 Gen 2.5 (not S900-Pro)

Comments

• Does the new fw get rid of the log filling up the disk space problem ?
    It dose, because it will reformat the hold drive, you'll have to reinstall all apps by use 1 click installation and reinstall KODI if you have one.
  • Does the new fw get rid of the log filling up the disk space problem ?
    That's poor software programming, I assume they are not that smart to fix it. But you can tell me.

I don't use it on a daily basis. I see there is a junk cleaning function at the bottom left. I think that's how it work?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I believe the junk cleaning function only clears the cache/memory. It does not clear the kernel logs it generates.
    Does the new fw get rid of the log filling up the disk space problem ?
    That's poor software programming, I assume they are not that smart to fix it. But you can tell me.

I don't use it on a daily basis. I see there is a junk cleaning function at the bottom left. I think that's how it work?
  • I know for Android, we can run a terminal command logcat -c to clear the log.

I think you may try to download Terminal Emulator and type in logcat -c to clear the logs.
  • dalau2008dalau2008 Junior Member
    after success upgrade from S800 to S900 the UBTV not working just has Bing home page and Record app. not working other new app. from the S900 say illegal to use so I am not sure other people has the same problem may be Unblock discovered something.
    after success upgrade from S800 to S900 the UBTV not working just has Bing home page and Record app. not working other new app. from the S900 say illegal to use so I am not sure other people has the same problem may be Unblock discovered something.
  • tvbolontvbolon Junior Member
    Mine doing ok, all apps working.
    Just some apps has buffering, after all nothing too bad .. after upgraded.

I did upgraded my other 2 boxes with no problems that is few weeks ago, then I try to upgrade another box 2 days ago it has problems all UB apps. has code 701 other 3rd party apps are OK
  • 535four535four Member
    edited September 2016
    They must be find out what we doing and put the Mac check on it. Have you try reset?
  • edited September 2016
    In the future, when everything works fine, you don't need to update the firmware or the system. There are something older is better than newer. Firmware update Only used when you feel your box not working as expected.

Also, install some APK migh also possibly interfere other APK's performance. Try to rest the box and install the APK one by one. And test the APK again. My Small Seven Box always keep lagging and buffering, and I found there are some APKs interfering my VOD APK, and I uninstalled that APK, and shows significant improvement.
    I put back to the original firmware but still block all the Unblock apps. I think they must put the Mac check for sure.
  • Go to Face book and yell...since you've restored the original firmware.
  • Who else has issues here? I just tried and other than U 視頻 can't retrieve the listing, other UBTV apps are working.
  • Who else has issues here? I just tried and other than U 視頻 can't retrieve the listing, other UBTV apps are working.
    Are you just tried re-do the upgrade s900 firmware have no issue?
  • edited October 2016
    Who else has issues here? I just tried and other than U 視頻 can't retrieve the listing, other UBTV apps are working.
    No, I haven't touched the box since like 2-3 weeks ago and I tried it after seeing you guys posting the MAC address being blocked.

Honestly the UBox is just my toy and I turn it on once a while to see what's on TVB

No, I haven't touched the box since like 2-3 weeks ago and I tried it after seeing you guys posting the MAC address being blocked.

Honestly the UBox is just my toy and I turn it on once a while to see what's on TVB

I was upgraded the firmware that you're uploaded which running fine, I'll try do it for my sister when she send it to me to play with it see if mac address blocked, but when I see some other users reported their's mac blocked issue and it just make me wonder.
    I just notice that someone from Canada has been ask the same question on You tube.
    waiting for his answer, hope someone has the solution.
  • Yea..it makes me wonder should I upgraded or not since I did a reset on it and it's working fine no lagging issue, so don't touch it if it's not broken.
    Also one of my friend's box been upgrade fine and has been use for a long time but something make him to reset the box all the Unblock apps. have been blocked.
    So please do not reset your box.
    Also one of my friend's box been upgrade fine and has been use for a long time but something make him to reset the box all the Unblock apps. have been blocked.
    So please do not reset your box.