Empty Box + Apk or Brand IPTV is more stable and secure?

As TVB released their own brand TV Box, TVB initiated a litigation against TVpad, and recently Moonbx, HTV are under the same lawsuit as well.

I feel it is better to go for an empty box better than invest almost $200 for a Branded IPTV. Does anyone agree?

Comments

• tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Which branded IPTV is stable?
  • Beside Himedia MKTV, I feel none of them stable, that's why go for an empty box with self customize apk .
  • A recently survey shows that an android box with Allwinner Chip is much better than other different brands.

Although All winner A80 Chip is more expensive, it worth to invest on Allwinner chip.
  • Not sure if 'invest' is the right word. Android boxes had become so cheap to buy, if one is broken its so cheap and easy just to buy a new one. Spending double amount for something 'better' may not be the best option.

• Beelink X2 is a Allwinner H3 chipset box, cost only $28 shipped. I highly recommended.
  • I have Allwinner H3 box also.
    I am looking for another branded allwinner 2GB Ram with 16GB Capacity with firmware update plain box for my mother to replace the old WELTV.
  • What's wrong with you old WELTV? mine's working great.
  • I have Allwinner H3 box also.
    I am looking for another branded allwinner 2GB Ram with 16GB Capacity with firmware update plain box for my mother to replace the old WELTV.
    Here's a Tronsmart Draco might meet your need, to me, it's not worth it.
    https://www.amazon.com/Tronsmart-AW80-Allwinner-Android-Bluetooth/dp/B00PU0Y8T4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474004149&sr=8-1&keywords=Tronsmart+Draco+AW80+Meta+Allwinner
  • A recently survey shows that an android box with Allwinner Chip is much better than other different brands.

Although All winner A80 Chip is more expensive, it worth to invest on Allwinner chip.
    What survey are you referring to?
    It is working, but black screen happening everyday.

What survey are you referring to?
    Rockchip, Sunchip, and Allwinner Box comparison.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Where do you get self customize apk? Cheap android boxes are everywhere and easy to get. I don't see any apk provide both Live and VOD.
    Beside Himedia MKTV, I feel none of them stable, that's why go for an empty box with self customize apk .
    It is working, but black screen happening everyday.
    I didn't realize that you've answer my question. Anyway, for you weltv black screen issue because it is the 1st generation box, they've moved some channels to H265 format which the hardware not supported but all the tvb channels still on H264 format, so you need to get the 3rd vesrion.
  • I know about that. WELTV is a good box to own, my mother likes to watch the Korean Dramas, so I bought an HTV for her.
  • I brought the WELTV 3 for my friend since May, for the last 6 months, not a glitch happening whatsoever on this box but for me I like unblock better, it's too bored for doing nothing :p
  • I brought the WELTV 3 for my friend since May, for the last 6 months, not a glitch happening whatsoever on this box but for me I like unblock better, it's too bored for doing nothing :p
    You are funny.

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I brought the WELTV 3 for my friend since May, for the last 6 months, not a glitch happening whatsoever on this box but for me I like unblock better, it's too bored for doing nothing :p
    I think if it's for yourself, playing around with an unstable box maybe entertaining but for some of us, we got nagging impatient parents that drive you up the wall cuz they can't watch their shows. They want it fixed and they want it done yesterday! Haha.
  • You are right. Buyer prefer to spend up to $200 buying a box expecting a more reliable contents.

While WELTV, HTV, and Moonbox is better fit the mid-aged aunt and uncle who are expecting focus on watching the TV shows and dramas, the Unblock Tech, Small Seven, and plain box is better for the younger customers play for fun.

• Agree......... B)