BlueTV

edited August 2016 in cnTVPad.com
BlueTV is basically a rebranded TVpad 4 box. Software and hardware is more or less the same, there's only 1 main difference: it works in the US by default.
We have it up on our site as well now: BlueTV.
Coupon(s) mentioned in the coupons post work with BlueTV as well.
Post edited by padman on
Tagged:

Comments

• Anyone tried the BlueTV? Reviews please?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @andrewwai79 I'll have a review of the BlueTV sometime next week!

Stay tuned :)
  • It's also cheaper. TVpad 4 currently costs more than Blue TV. I think its their strategy to switch you over
  • I was wondering if BlueTV would function out of the box if used in Australia? Was deciding to get TVpad 4 but after reading about the restrictions in the US so I am a bit worried soon would happen the same for Australia.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BadEgg Pretty sure it could.
  • I was wondering if BlueTV would function out of the box if used in Australia? Was deciding to get TVpad 4 but after reading about the restrictions in the US so I am a bit worried soon would happen the same for Australia.
    There's a store in the city with demo. Maybe try visiting that and check yourself?

• @neonlight

There's a store in the city with demo.
    Which city? I am in Melbourne
    So far the BlueTV works worldwide without restrictions. And as with any other IPTV box, I don't think Australia would be the first country to get restricted :)
  • Just received my brand new BlueTV and have been setting it up for half an hour. I cannot seem to connect it to server. I tried auto and manual settings but I still get a red cross next to the little man. Not to mention this does not allow me an access to the App Store. @thomastv and @padman: any ideas?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    check your network connection it seems not right

• My auto DNS had a green tick. I assigned a specific IP address for the BlueTV on my router and I got green tick for it, auto subnet mask but just couldn't connect to server.
    My auto DNS had a green tick. I assigned a specific IP address for the BlueTV on my router and I got green tick for it, auto subnet mask but just couldn't connect to server.
    If you select auto connect you donnot need to change anything!
  • Yes, after being unsuccessful using auto connect, I just wanted to make sure the same IP address was what the router saw.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Red X on the man would mean a local connection issue.

Are you using wifi or lan ?
  • LAN, and I tried using home wifi as well as phone wifi. None worked. I then switched back to my UBox and it connected instantly. Strange...
    Red X on the man in Pad4 means your machine out of permission but if happen in Blue Tv then I don't know?
  • Where is thomastv ? :#
  • Red X on the man in Pad4 means your machine out of permission but if happen in Blue Tv then I don't know?
    Yes, when I attempted to click on the add app icon I got a 'Use of product is restricted, for more information, please contact seller." message. Now I am suspecting the BlueTV may not work in Australia. I got reassurance that it would work in Australia before I decided to go with BlueTV. I do not want to spend about AUD$230 just to get a paper weight. I chose to purchase from Thomas (cntvpad.com) even it was more expensive than eBay.
    Where is thomastv ? :#
    Thomas, can you give your input?
  • I also contacted cntvpad.com yesterday to raise my issue. They wanted me to send them screen shots of the issue and I did. Not long ago, they sent me a reply which said: "Sorry that Blue TV can not be used in Mainland china and Hongkong area.It is for overseas chinese,it can be used in whole world except Mainland china and hongkong.

You can use it in Canada.
    "

Who said I was in mainland China or Hong Kong??? I did stress that I was in Australia, not Canada! I don't know what is going on.