Weltv3 or HTV3

Hi All,

My TVPad4 is starting to give up on me, Have to restore it every other day/few days for temporary solution.

I am looking to get the HTV3 but some others are saying WelTV3 is better for the US customers. I never heard of the WelTV3 but I did get recommendation on the HTV3. From all your opinions, which is better?

My parents only watch VOD i guess. usually the new updated tvb series and sometimes stream live tv but it rare but want to have that option available for them anyways.

any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    edited July 2016
    I can't say I recommend either with certainty. Htv3 is still working but don't know how long. Already signs of them pulling from US customers.

I'm not having a good experience with weltv since the unit I got died after 3 months ( lost $200 with this one)Their found looks to be gone as well. I also notice their native apps require constant updates that pop up in the app and need the user to install.

If you want certainty and your folks only watch VOD tvb stuff , then get an Apple TV 4. You can install the tvb anywhere app there. It comes with ads but at least it works.
    Post edited by Mmmaru on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @GeneraznXz What's wrong with your tvpad ?

@Mmmaru Not sure if I can agree "signs of them pulling from US customers".

Afterall TVPads are still working despite losing their their million dollars lawsuits to Koreans and Dish.

I'm not sure if lawsuits will ever Chinese companies like theses.

• @padman Friend got me the tvpad when he bought one himself. TVPad stopped working earlier in the year with the hassle of vpn, dns and all that stuff so he did a chargeback on both the TVPads.

When I was receiving the user restricted error, i went to cntvpad live chat and ask about it. Provided all the information they requested and they said that my tvpad is blacklisted because it shows that there is a chargeback for this device.

The thing is, it was working fine up until last week. They told me the only way to fix it is buy another device from them and they will remove the previous one from blacklist and then I will have two working device. I don't really trust their word on that so I am thinking if I should try one of the above.

I can get a HTV3 near where I live for $180 usd but not sure if I can get a WelTV3. Trying to get some feedback on both to see which I should aim for if I do buy a new one.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited July 2016
    @GeneraznXz Well cntvpad is a reseller of tvpad. The official site of tvpad is mtvpad.cn, so maybe you are mistaken. Since you are able to do a chargeback on your credit card, there isn't any reason not to trust them in that sense.

You may be at a higher risk by buying locally as you most likely be paying cash. Just my thought.
  • @padman the chargeback was not made by me. I paid cash to a friend to get it for me. So there are still reasons not to trust them. I never interact with them until recently for the user restricted error. If someone say the only fix is to buy another box, you will think and feel otherwise as well.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @GeneraznXz Not sure what that supposed to mean. At the end of the day TVpads are still working. For me and for other people as well. The only reason your TVPad is on the blacklist is because there was a chargeback.

cntvpad is a reseller of tvpads, they have no reason to dupe you as you can easily place a chargeback on your credit card if you buy another tvpad from them. It's actually a winwin situation for you as you will get two box for the price of one...

• 535four535four Member
    edited July 2016
    @padman Friend got me the tvpad when he bought one himself. TVPad stopped working earlier in the year with the hassle of vpn, dns and all that stuff so he did a chargeback on both the TVPads.

When I was receiving the user restricted error, i went to cntvpad live chat and ask about it. Provided all the information they requested and they said that my tvpad is blacklisted because it shows that there is a chargeback for this device.

The thing is, it was working fine up until last week. They told me the only way to fix it is buy another device from them and they will remove the previous one from blacklist and then I will have two working device. I don't really trust their word on that so I am thinking if I should try one of the above.

I can get a HTV3 near where I live for $180 usd but not sure if I can get a WelTV3. Trying to get some feedback on both to see which I should aim for if I do buy a new one.
    Well...If I were you, I would either get a extra tvpad4 if they'll re-activated your blacklisted box OR get a WelTV 3, (sorry, padman..)just be honest. this box was not as popular as others but much safer to own, most popular IPTV boxes always strike by DDOS.(DDoS is short for Distributed Denial of Service. DDoS is a type of DOS attack where multiple compromised systems, which are often infected with a Trojan, are used to target a single system causing a Denial of Service (DoS) attack.) I owned a 1st gen. weltv almost 2 years and still running with support. This box you cannot buy it anywhere like others, if you're interested you can check back my past posts.