Alternative Ways For HK Content

With all that's happening with TVpad and H.TV3, I am reluctant to get any IPTV boxes. So I'd like to know if there are other more reliable ways to get HK content on a set-top box via Android, or other cost-effective methods. I am new to this so please walk me through.

Which Android TV apps would allow me to get Live and VOD HK content?
Any other methods?

I've tried vchannel and VST so far. VST is very slow. As for Vchannel, I don't know what to do with that.

I am in Canada if that matters. TIA!

Comments

• There isn't any other way to get live tvb unless you get one of these boxes. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

Someone has mentioned using a vpn to watch live tvb channels on mytv.com, but it didn't work for me. Maybe I used a wrong vpn provider.

As for vod apps, the only decent ones I know are drama24 and drama go for kodi. Azdrama used to be good but doesn't work now. Not for me anyway. Youku is good for Mainland China content.

If you don't mind watching catchup tv for tvb dramas then drama 24 is quite good. There are quite a decent number of movies as well. If you like Korean stuff, then drama go is the go to place. They even have English subs for all their content.

VST is not slow for me. Works okay but all the content is in Mandarin. Not for me.

Hope that sorta helps.

I'm in the UK.
  • I've tested VPN going to mytv. It no longer works. Their site or system is smart enough you are on VPN. I used NordVPN and didn't work. I'm not the only one.

ViuTV works via VPN just not TVB
  • GTO656GTO656 Junior Member
    There isn't any other way to get live tvb unless you get one of these boxes. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

Someone has mentioned using a vpn to watch live tvb channels on mytv.com, but it didn't work for me. Maybe I used a wrong vpn provider.

As for vod apps, the only decent ones I know are drama24 and drama go for kodi. Azdrama used to be good but doesn't work now. Not for me anyway. Youku is good for Mainland China content.

If you don't mind watching catchup tv for tvb dramas then drama 24 is quite good. There are quite a decent number of movies as well. If you like Korean stuff, then drama go is the go to place. They even have English subs for all their content.

VST is not slow for me. Works okay but all the content is in Mandarin. Not for me.

Hope that sorta helps.

I'm in the UK.
    AZdrama is ICdrama, its been working very well. it gets updated daily.

• GTO656GTO656 Junior Member
    There isn't any other way to get live tvb unless you get one of these boxes. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

Hope that sorta helps.

I'm in the UK.

• There isn't any other way to get live tvb unless you get one of these boxes. I'm pretty much in the same situation as you.

Hope that sorta helps.

I'm in the UK.

Oh? This on kodi?
    What settings do you use?
    I could never get it to work.
  • vqin88vqin88 Junior Member
    Uninstall your existing AZDrama add-on, and then install:

Add source: https://cthlo.github.io/cthlo-kodi-repo/zips/
    Install repo from source: repository.cthlo-kodi-repo
    Install addon from repo: plugin.video.azdrama-forked

The most updated zip file is 1.1.5 version.

Source: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=149052&page=31
    For Vchannel, search the forum regarding how to use it. For now, Vchannel only works on phones and tablet. It is better to use with Chromecast to cast the video to your smart TV screen.

You can also use RSS Video Player app. Again, search the forum and you can find the drama source link. You can install this app to your Android TV box. It is better to use with a wireless mouse with the TV box.
  • TWINSFONGTWINSFONG Junior Member
    Does anybody have anything for live TVB
  • Uninstall your existing AZDrama add-on, and then install:

Thank you very much. I've managed to get it to work after updating kodi.
    Hi fei,

Just a to let you know that the original author (Dknight) of the AZdrama and Drama24H come back again. If you have any issue in the near future from AZdrama, please try to change back to the original add-on source from DKnight. You may keep checking the above mentioned forum to keep update of the changes.
    Thanked by 1fei
  • deadudedeadude Junior Member
    Hi fei
    Can you tell us where is the ICdrama add on, Right now I am watching HK drama on Drama24...I would like to have the ICdrama as the backup....Thanks.
    ICdrama is AZdrama. Search for AZdrama add-on. It is the same author for Drama24H - Dknight. Try Superrepo.org for downloading AZdrama add-on.
    Vqin88

Thank you very much for the Information...It's working now AZdrama ver.1.0.26 Thanks
  • Hi fei
    Can you tell us where is the ICdrama add on, Right now I am watching HK drama on Drama24...I would like to have the ICdrama as the backup....Thanks.
    Hi, just what Vqin88 said.

However, my Azdrama is at version 1.1.5, using cthlo's version.

Yours might be dknight's new version?

I wonder if both are the same?
  • Uninstall your existing AZDrama add-on, and then install:

Excellent info. I was wondering how come it stopped working with the one from superrepo.org
  • For Vchannel, search the forum regarding how to use it. For now, Vchannel only works on phones and tablet. It is better to use with Chromecast to cast the video to your smart TV screen.

You can also use RSS Video Player app. Again, search the forum and you can find the drama source link. You can install this app to your Android TV box. It is better to use with a wireless mouse with the TV box.
    vChannel only works on iOS, the Android version is broken no matter which tablet or phone I tried both. They don't work. Someone suggest to change some settings to imitate another device but I don't get it when I'm on phone already still either crash or says links invalid
    I suggest you to switch back to original author's (Dknight) add-0n source since he is back on stage now and will continue to update the link while the Cthlo's one may not be updated later on.
    Also, for those who care, Drama24H is updated to a new version by Dknight. Please check.
    Hi all,
    Did any one know about The AZdrama, Drama24 now are working !!! for the last two days ? Is it my end or the Addon issue ?Please help..thanks
    AZdrama add-on version 1.0.28 is working.
    ICdrama add-on by cthlo version 1.1.0 is working.
    Drama24H add-on version 1.0.7 is not working.
    Thanked by 1deadude