TVPAD 4 - Canada

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago, my power went out and now my tvpad4 no longer seems to be able to connect to the live HK channel apps.

I am on v 5.06. I checked and my network is good. I can access bettv plus no problem but when I try using the purple app that I used to use to access tvb channels, I get a sad face pop up. I tried to update in App Store to the latest version but no update appears to available. For app Verizon I am on 3.6.

I tired to install yuetv for fun as I know it's restricted for use in Canada, it seems to work for about 30 sec then I get the restricted message so I know my network setting are good.

Anyone have any ideas how I can resolve this or where I can get a app besides yuetv that will work in Canada?

Thank you advance :)

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    If you want vuetv to workin canada you can use a vpn connection
  • If you want vuetv to workin canada you can use a vpn connection
    Thank you padman, I prefer not to have a VPN setup as the purple app was working in Canada prior to power outage so hoping it still does.

For non USA users, can anyone confirm live tv channels from HK are working? If so which app?

Thanks again
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Thank you padman, I prefer not to have a VPN setup as the purple app was working in Canada prior to power outage so hoping it still does.

For non USA users, can anyone confirm live tv channels from HK are working? If so which app?

Thanks again
    If you are in Canada you may try to use 港粤网络电视 and Betvplus to watch HK channel without VPN

Thanks again
    If you are in Canada you may try to use 港粤网络电视 and Betvplus to watch HK channel without VPN
    My 港粤网络电视 use to work before but after power outage, it won't connect anymore. Betvplus works for me but I can't seem to find any live tvb channels like J2.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member

Thanks again
    My 港粤网络电视 use to work before but after power outage, it won't connect anymore. Betvplus works for me but I can't seem to find any live tvb channels like J2.
    If you are in Canada and your firmware is 5.060 try to use a good DNS connect to Tvpad store to install 港粤网络电视 again to see what happen !

Thanks again
    If you are in Canada and your firmware is 5.060 try to use a good DNS connect to Tvpad store to install 港粤网络电视 again to see what happen !
    Hi, thank you. Your suggestion worked :)

Thank you everyone for your help