WelTV

535four535four Member
edited December 2015 in Other IPTV Streaming Device
Stll clicking flawlesslly using HDLive with118 channels including **B, and YueGang HDLive. >:D<
Post edited by 535four on

Comments

• cal1234cal1234 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Can anyone help?
    Each of the software keep asking me upgrade.
    Once I click upgrade,
    I get this message..." There is a problem parsing the package"
  • 535four535four Member
    edited July 2016
    I never have the problem, here's some information you may take a look.
    http://bbs.weltv.net/forum.php
  • 535four535four Member
    edited May 2016
    I think I'd like this box best but pricy, (now is cheaper on gen. 2) at least they have their supporting web site (but too bad it's only in Chinese), it's a friendly interface like tvpad 4.

Post edited by padman on
  • The website said..

Sorry, this item is no longer available!

SO where I can buy this? Assumed I can watch all the **B channels!
  • 535four535four Member
    edited May 2016
    The website said..

Sorry, this item is no longer available!

SO where I can buy this? Assumed I can watch all the **B channels!
    Yep..they're all gone but you can buy it from ebay which is cheaper than Aliexpress.
    Yes, all the **B channels there.
    Post edited by padman on
  • 535four535four Member
    Just got the WelTV 3, it's not activated yet, probably they shipped it out too fast and did not get the box activated. They say it will up by tomorrow, wait see...
    For hardware I like the version 1 much better, and the unit looks so damn small...
  • 535four535four Member
    Just got the little box activated, everything works great, fast, stable, so many VOD to choose from, well..let's see how long it will last, actually they never went down since I got the first generation box almost 2 years ago, I'm quit happy to play with it B)
  • 535four535four Member
    edited July 2016
    Mmmaru, how happy you are with the box?
    here's the apps link for you or whoever needed it.

*removed
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    Mmmaru, how happy you are with the box?
    here's the apps link for you or whoever needed it.
    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=94E78270979D66F8!512&amp;authkey=!AMYHHQyJ2YIYhiQ&amp;ithint=file,zip
    Haha. I'm still learning the different apps but I'm not liking that replay app too much. It's a bit confusing and I wasn't able to load replays for the China channels. The HK ones load fine. Don't know if there's a place to tell the company that??

I think when navigating within the apps, I sometimes loose my place on what I'm selecting. The color doesn't really pop out to you.

I think I'm still used to Htv setup.
  • ProstProst Junior Member
    Just got the WelTV 3, it's not activated yet, probably they shipped it out too fast and did not get the box activated. They say it will up by tomorrow, wait see...
    For hardware I like the version 1 much better, and the unit looks so damn small...
    Is the layout the same from gen 3 (New) to gen 1 and 2? Also, did you get the exchange deal for $140 or a brand new extra unit? How about the resolution? is it much better and compatible to UBox? I am debating to get the new WelTV or not...
  • 535four535four Member
    It's same layout as version 1 but faster and quality is slightly better than UBOX, but you will have option to select SD, HD or UHD when you watching movies by pressing the menu key. And good thing is they have best supporting site if you have issues.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited May 2016
    I did a tvb news 互動新聞 live stream delay comparison on 5 boxes, here's the results:

WelTV 3 : less than a minute delay

WelTV 1 : 1 minute delay

iPlayer i5 : 3 mintues delay

TVPad 4 : 5 mintues delay

Unbock 3 : 7 minutes delay

*Comparison based on my iPhone's local time

The winner is WelTV 3
  • Just got WelTV 3 recently as well. Only one channel cannot load. Satisfied with the stability of it for now.

Just wish they have more US and Taiwan channels that UB box beats them at this point.
  • 535four535four Member
    Yea...to me I'm Contonese, so all I needed is tvbs :) , sorry, I'm hardly watch the Taiwan channels, actually, mostly I watch vod.
    It's same layout as version 1 but faster and quality is slightly better than UBOX, but you will have option to select SD, HD or UHD when you watching movies by pressing the menu key. And good thing is they have best supporting site if you have issues.
    You got it full price or the $140 trade in special?
  • 535four535four Member
    I didn't trade it, I paid $199 on weltv.org
  • Looks good. I may get this instead of getting the updated i7 player.

Do you use a wifi connection or wired for the Weltv?

How's the buffering? Does it sometimes skips and repeats itself on the live app?

Is the replay app any good? It was awful on the i5, always skipping every ten seconds or do.

Lots of content on the vod app?

Thanks.
  • 535four535four Member
    Well.. I was in favor with iplayet5 before untill they abandoned us without support due to the legal issue. So I don't know for now, but $99 is a good deal intead you'll paying $200.
    weltv is a good machin with technical support, for viewing there's no 100% smooth playing, the lagging issues are acceptable and sometime is networking issue. Yes, VOD is great, lots contents to choose from.I'm using WiFi connection.
    I didn't trade it, I paid $199 on weltv.org
    icic, thanks for your info. I had been the user of WelTV (last generation, the white box) for the last 2 years when I got mine at the then ClubTVpad. It was pricy at that time (over $300 for the XBMC version. They are relatively stable with some offline service for a couple days here and there but resolve quick without even any online complain (Except for the time during Chinese new year when everyone are off...). They are constantly improving their service and feature (add more VOD and 7 days replay to more and more channels...). I am satisfied with them. I owned UBox, TVPAD4 and WelTV and WelTV deem to be the most reliable for the last couple year. I hope the new one is the same and I am on the fence to upgrade or not upgrade for only $140...

BTW, you know you can contact them on FB and they will response quick for your issue.