tvpad4 DNS error code1

Gutted i recently bought tvpad4 but having dns error code for 2 days. So can't watch anything. Desparado in UK.

Information is most appreciated.

Tam

Comments

• edited April 2016
    My TVPad 4 is working fine even though I'm getting error code when running the network test. In Settings, can you tell me your firmware version?
  • Guys I also have a TVPad in the UK that hasnt been working. Have tried auto or manual DNS but neither worked. anyone else in UK having issues with the TVPAD4 since like a week ago? Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited April 2016
    @simonp What version is your tvpad and the apps?
  • Hey need some help, my tvpad4 is not working. Ive tried to update the tvpad but could not connect to the server, so i tried downloading the file and put it on the sdcard but still dont work. So please give me some solutions.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @StevnC are you using auto dns ?
  • I have 3 TVBOX units these are TVpad 4 M418 TV Pad 4 for.. Box 3 3 Years Free Service. In Saudi Arabia with a Korean wife - Bought yesterday Korean TV (2nd Generation) Home TV Box etc... from Amazon... here we go again - if someone figures out a legal way to get some legal use out of these "TC Pad boxes - he can make a million in less than a year.

Good Day
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @kkm1018388 legal use of these boxes ?

You can install android apps on them ...
  • Yes, Go to the Amazon web site - The ads that drive people in especially this one for Korean TV streaming - no it is not legal. It is a ploy to get you to fork over money on apps that are not legal,. CCTV and Dish to name a few in the good ole days when china was in its hay day - dish was too small to matter. Those days are gone. TV pad became TVBOX on Amazon - and the roller coaster begin. TVPad 1thru 4 was marketing an app previous called jail breaker - and why do you think that is. The old apps people want is Korean free TV or China. That way that and see how many TV Pads stay the test of time. Like I said we have gone to a legal "TV BOX" we think. If not the wife will pick one up when she goes to Korea - next.

By the way - people don't want android apps they want streaming TV (Korean - China - Japanese - etc. They can put android apps on a mobile for a lot cheaper than TV Pad.
  • Google TVPad 4 - look at all the comments - these people don't want apps - they want there paid for TV Pads to work - doing want they paid the various companies to give them. Either directly (fully loaded) or indirectly (app store) with all kinds of small print denying ownership. Ya - TVPad is now a bust -
    Unless you wish to continue to give people false hope - the LAWSUIT against TVPAD is a fact - the bar in the USA is a fact. The coming days will tell if someone will figure out a new way to get around the International laws. I wish - I have three of these BOXs that were good for about a year. Will I stay on this website - I think not.

By the way TV BOX uses rev 1.0035 and 1.0036 . Its a mote point. I looked I had my say and now I leave.

By the way - my new box from amazon (korean tv was shipped out DHL today - I'll have the wife watching her Korean TV programs by the 26th.

Love your forum - well thought out - active - no nasty ness - very good. I check back in 6 months to see how your doing.

I liked the way you respond to even dumb questions. You must spend a great deal of time on this. I on the other hand only want quick and to the point answers. I cut my losses and went to another box for the wife sake. Is it any better- ask when I check back in six months. Legal use of these boxes - Ha Ha Ha
  • @StevnC are you using auto dns ?
    I've tried using both.
  • When I go to the network test it just say there's no server.
  • @StevenC, what's your TVPad firmware version?
  • Good Day from the sandbox

Both TVBOXs are still working about 24 hours now- Don't bother with the network test you'll just get errors.

Guys - its not the firmware - its the MAC addresses that are being blocked by big brother . Remember the December 2015 lawsuit - TVPad apps airn't legal. Jap -Korean - China - all no nos

What worked for us two TVBOXs now working I still haven't tried the third.

1. Reset to factory settings
    2. Using a either net connection - not WIFI -to get started.
    3. After your AUTO gives you your various IP and Internet data
    4. Change the top line ETC 192.168.1.1 (use 102 or 109
    5. Now go to MANUAL and change the four line DNS to
    6. 49-213-10-163 this works in the middle east.

Remember big brother is blocking all TVPads in the states - so you'll have to find another work around there. We bought a Korean TV (2nd Generation) Home TV Box to take to the states when the wife goes. Good luck
  • From the sandbox
    IP Address - a postal address
    Router - The company mail clerk
    MAC Address - The color, size, and shape of your mailbox
    None of these are changed when you update - in fact it is the company who makes the TVPADs that assigned the MAC address no two are the same. Usually - they are not sent out past the router - however, they can be observed with special hardware. Not the typical thing when thinking about virus or spam attacks. So, as you can see from above - with the except of fine tuning software - upgrades to not change any of the physical properties of the above. Except when you hid behind a firewall or VPN - but MAC address still does not change and you still can be found with special hardware. So - if your TV Pad is located in a banned area - your sort of screwed. However you still can mask - but you lose a lot of bandwidth doing it. Hope this helps some folks. Our TV BOX is still working using the 49.213.10.163

Good Luck
  • I'm in USA, and I've TVPad 4 - using YueTV apps only. TVpad has been down since Friday, I tried to call customer service, but it seems they 're closed and offline. Does anyone know what's going on? Are they going out of business? Does anyone know how to fix it? I've manually change above DNS, still not working? Thanks!
  • I'm in USA, and I've TVPad 4 - using YueTV apps only. TVpad has been down since Friday, I tried to call customer service, but it seems they 're closed and offline. Does anyone know what's going on? Are they going out of business? Does anyone know how to fix it? I've manually change above DNS, still not working? Thanks!
    Please check the following:
    Is your TVPad using 5.054 as systems software?
    Is the DNS set to auto?
    Is your version of Yue TV up to date? (v0.40)
    Is your TVPad's system time in sync with actual time?

My TVPad4 is at U.S. east cost and YueTV is working without any problem.
  • @StevenC, what's your TVPad firmware version?
    Mine 5.05 or something but can't get the 5.06 firmware
  • I've also tried downloading the program and used the sd card and try to in it but it wouldn't read it.
  • @StevnC, did you follow the manual firmware update procedures as per the first post of TVPad 4 (m418) Useful files (Firmware + Apps) thread?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    @StevenC, what's your TVPad firmware version?
    Mine 5.05 or something but can't get the 5.06 firmware
    Common guy .if the car is running don't fix . How come everybody keep looking for the new firmware..If you are in USA .You will get lot of headache from the new firmware