MYTV SUPER (TV Box) from TVB

edited April 2016 in TVPad / BlueTV
Does anybody have one to try using it outside Hong Kong (through VPN of course)?
mytvsuper.com/tc

Comments

• EinEin Just Watchin`
    You'll probably need a HK billing address too.
  • But can't you use a vpn to access their Web based services? Anyone tried?
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited April 2016
    But can't you use a vpn to access their Web based services? Anyone tried?
    Why would anyone want to pay for it if he has a TVPad? HK$68 a month is not cheap.
    Post edited by BennyLam on
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BennyLam About $13ish Canadian/$8 US is pretty reasonable if the content is good.

It's basically netflix with live and VOD content.
  • The free MyTV version does not work with VPN, I highly doubted MyTV Super will.
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    Yes, I can watch live and catchup TVB on a PC using a HK VPN at mytv.tvb.com.
    Thanked by 1chu999
    Hey Somebody,

I am new to vpn subscription. I am planning to watch mytv on Sony Bravia Android TV through a 200Mbps fibre connection.
    Which HK VPN do you subscribe? What is the minimum bandwidth required for mytv streaming without lag?
    @yahgoo I have both purevpn and astrill. You connect through their Hong Kong servers through an app or you can manual configure the VPN on a PC as I do. The vpns will slow down your connection but the streams are watchable. Sometimes the HK servers are geo-blocked and I've had to submit tickets for the vpn providers to investigate.
    Thanked by 2gunnerwrx fei
  • gunnerwrxgunnerwrx Junior Member
    @yahgoo I have both purevpn and astrill. You connect through their Hong Kong servers through an app or you can manual configure the VPN on a PC as I do. The vpns will slow down your connection but the streams are watchable. Sometimes the HK servers are geo-blocked and I've had to submit tickets for the vpn providers to investigate.
    I have purevpn and none of their HK servers work for the myTV app. All their 192.* IPs don't work. Can you give more info on getting pureVPN to connect to myTV?
    @gunnerwrx I have messaged your inbox.
  • @Somebody Hi, I also bought PureVPN but it also doesn't work for MyTV. If you have info, do you mind messaging me as well? Thank you so much.
  • @Somebody , if you don't mind, please send the secret method to access MyTV via VPN to me as well. Thanks
  • @Somebody - I would very much like to try access MyTV via VPN as well. What's the hidden tricks or special app to make this happen? I do appreciate you willing to share this information.
    The "secret" only applies to Purevpn as their chat directed me to a specific Hong Kong vpn server address when I told them that I couldn't stream from mytvb.
    Doesn't work for me using NordVPN. It still growing blocks you even when the VPN server is in hk
    Doesn't work for me using NordVPN. It still growing blocks you even when the VPN server is in hk
    You have to ask your provider why going through their HK VPN you are still geo-blocked. Give them the website address and ask them to investigate.
  • gunnerwrxgunnerwrx Junior Member
    edited April 2016
    There is no secret trick. You need a PAID vpn.
  • I've forgotten about this thread.

Anyway, I joined NordVPN (one month @ $8) the other day to try and see if I can watch live tvb channels on their website. I tried all 3 of their HK servers but to no avail. NordVPN couldn't help me, so I asked for my money back, and they did pay me back. Their customer service is good.

Now "Somebody" is saying that you can use a VPN to watch myTV. That is a surprise.

If using Purevpn works, then I might join.

Thanks for informing us.
  • TVBullshitTVBullshit Junior Member
    edited May 2016
    TVB has been following the footsteps of Netflix by banning VPNs.
    http://www.techcentral.co.za/how-netflix-is-blocking-vpns/63882/
    Post edited by TVBullshit on
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    TVB has been following the footsteps of Netflix by banning VPNs.
    http://www.techcentral.co.za/how-netflix-is-blocking-vpns/63882/

Fortunately, PureVPN, a VPN based in Hong Kong found a fix and hopefully it will last. They gave me a dedicated server specifically for TVB. So far it's been working on my iPhone in the United States using myTV TVB app. StackSocial is running a promo for Lifetime $99 and 2 years $59 with an additional 10% off. https://stacksocial.com/sales/purevpn-2-year-subscription?quantity=1&skipPrompt=true

I opted for the 2 years since I probably will outlive this company and don't know if TVB will eventually find another way to block VPNs.
    Tvb launched encoreTvb for the US. No need for Vpn. it has all the up to date stuff for VODs but of course the videos are filled with ads.