HOW TO MANUAL RESET TVPAD 4

Hello i need help, my tvpad 4 control not responding i need to find the way how to manual reset tvpad 4. to see if that help. i try several control still no good. i connect mouse usb and only work with mouse. but i cannot enter setting configuration to reset the tvpad 4. i uninstall all apps using batch.banana but still no working control. the control work only volume botton and power on off and help button.

Comments

• Move your mouse cursor to the top right side, click and drag the mouse from top downwards, you will then be able to access the Android settings menu, select backup and reset to restore the TVPad 4 back to factory default. But seems like it is the remote control problem. If you have a Harmony remote control, you can find the TVPad remote controls settings there.
  • changtakchangtak Junior Member
    @BennyLam its not control problem i try 3 tvpad control.
  • changtakchangtak Junior Member
    @BennyLam thanks you now my tvpad 4 works again.
  • @changtak hey do you mind to share how did you manual reset it? My tvpad4 just doesn't boot and got stuck at the logo page
  • @antihype , changtak just soft reset his box via the Android setting menu. Since your box can't be boot up, that method is not applicable. You should take your box back to your dealer for service. If that is not possible, Google "hard set Android box" to get some idea of resetting your box.
  • @BennyLam I actually contacted the support from the online seller yesterday and he instructed me to wipe the cache and data (factory reset) and tried to reboot the system. However after I've done all these the system still go back to the android recovery page. The support guy reckon the I don't have the firmware 5.06 and need to post it back to them (which is a pain it probably takes couple of weeks). Is there any way that you think I can download the firmware and update the system myself?

Thank you
  • BennyLamBennyLam TV Nuts
    edited April 2016
    @antihype , @padman had deactivated the link for the firmware, perhaps you can ask him to reactivate it.

Found this link, http://trendmaxaus.com/whipping/category/tvpad-4-update-firmware-to-v5-060/ use it at your own risk.

BTW, antihype, can you share the method of booting TVPad4 to Recovery?
  • @BennyLam the tech support guy asked me to poke the very tiny hole underneath the box to reset but it didn't work. I unplugged all the cable and plug that onto my old TVPAD3 and re-connect it back to TVPAD4 and surprisingly it gone into the Android System Recovery page itself. Not sure if it works on yours though...the support couldn't explain why this happened on mine

@padman hey padman, any chance that you can help on this? Thank you!
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BennyLam which link are you referring to ?
  • @padman, I was referring to the firmware download link in the useful files thread.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @BennyLam ahh right. Because the 5.06 fw was unnecessary for people

@antihype check your PM
    Thanked by 1antihype
  • Hi @antihype I have the same problem as you. Were you able to reset your Typad? I recently got my mom a Tvpad4, and it's the first time we're using this type of device. Unlike you, I don't have another Tvpad to plug into/check it against to try to get to the android recovery screen. I tried using a paper clip to poke the hole underneath the Tvpad, but nothing happened after I did that, still unable to load (i.e., stuck at the logo screen). I'm thinking I was just unlucky with the Tvpad that I had gotten, because not long after I had gotten it, it kept freezing and sometimes would erase the apps while my mom was streaming a drama... I would appreciate any help that you could give me. Thanks.
  • Hi @mrhi808, has your problem been resolved?
    I have the same problem with my TVPad 4 yesterday, and it couldn't be rooted back to the main menu. I tried to unplug the power, and also the reset button, but it doesn't work.
    Please share with your solution.
    Thanks.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi @mrhi808, has your problem been resolved?
    I have the same problem with my TVPad 4 yesterday, and it couldn't be rooted back to the main menu. I tried to unplug the power, and also the reset button, but it doesn't work.
    Please share with your solution.
    Thanks.
    Try this way
    http://tvpadtalk.ca/discussion/749/how-to-reset-tvpad-4#latest
  • Hi @antihype I have the same problem as you. Were you able to reset your Typad? I recently got my mom a Tvpad4, and it's the first time we're using this type of device. Unlike you, I don't have another Tvpad to plug into/check it against to try to get to the android recovery screen. I tried using a paper clip to poke the hole underneath the Tvpad, but nothing happened after I did that, still unable to load (i.e., stuck at the logo screen). I'm thinking I was just unlucky with the Tvpad that I had gotten, because not long after I had gotten it, it kept freezing and sometimes would erase the apps while my mom was streaming a drama... I would appreciate any help that you could give me. Thanks.
  • i have the same problem , just the logo appear on screen doing nothing else..it work perfect before until I press this tvb everywhere then just black out, switch off and then can`t get back on, have try the update firmware.. not working..also the switch connect to tvpad3 then back 4..still the same..the pin at the bottom trick also not working..it happen a few months back before, have use the update firmware it works then but now just dead