Factory reset broke Av display

All,
I have just did a factory reset due to issue upgrading to the new UBTV. After the reset, everything works except when i connect it back my parents old TV (uses AV display), the screen flashes constantly in black and white color. It wasn't like this before i did the reset. I have tried to the display option within setting but nothing works. If anyone have encountered such issue and have a solution to this, Please help me out.

Comments

• It works with HDMI but not AV, it is almost like the reset some how force/set the tv box to use HDMI display by default.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Seems to be like AV output has perhaps switched from PAL to NTSC or vice versa following factory reset, and the TV is not multi-standard.

Have a look in Ubox Display Settings and see if there is menu option to set the video format to match whatever analogue standard is used in your country.

• 535four535four Member
    edited March 2016
    Same, it happened to my friend's box when I tried to set up for him, I have had tried different tv has same result, no clue. I thought it's the a/v plug broken and advised them to buy a new tv set :'(
  • Thanks for all the replies! On the NTSC to PAL switched (I lived in the U.S, so that is very possible), there is no settings within the TV box to change it, right?
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    USA uses NTSC (Hong Kong uses PAL) video format.

Suggest to connect the UBox temporarily to a TV which does use HDMI and go into Display Settings to change the video format.
    Post edited by bamby8 on
  • 535four535four Member
    edited March 2016
    Just checked, yes, there's a choice on display setting, the defaulting is on PAL take NTSC will solve the problem, but the problem is how you can do a change when the screen is keep flashing up and down you can't even see the screen if its not stable? but on mine tv it does stable so I can make a change. You may take the box to a newer TV set to do a change. I can't make it works for my friend they're at different States :s

Also, you can plug in both input HDMI and AV at the same time, it works, and you can use a VCR recording or burn on a DVD burner while you're watching.
    Post edited by 535four on
  • You are correct 535four. The tricky thing is the old TV doesn't have the HDMI output. And if you don't plug in the RGB input, the prompt won't come up to change from PAL to NTSC. What i did is try to remembered how to navigate from the main menu to the display setting (I,e, how many times press left, how many times press down, and etc). I was finally able to change the setting. It is working fine now. Hopefully, this thread will give people some answers on how deal with old TVs without HDMI when they did factory reset. I truly appreciate the help from bamby8 and 535four.