[Down] vChannel - Android/iOS/TVPad4

Comments

• bwbw Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    I use ES file explorer to do everything. It will allow you to set permissions on the properties of the selected file. Just make sure ES File Explorer has been given super user permissions to do it.

Edit: permission on the build.prop file should be set like the settings on the right hand side of the pic noted in red.

http://howto.highonandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2015/05/Install-user-apps-as-system-apps-on-Android-12.png
    Post edited by bw on
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Can you see if you're running 4.4.2? If so, this is what you would need to edit. This will make your device look like a Galaxy Note 3.

ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=hlteuc
    ro.product.device=hlteatt
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/hlteuc/hlteatt:4.4.2/KOT49H/N900AUCUCMLG:user/release-keys

The best way to do this is this:

1) Copy the build.prop from the beelink box out to your computer and edit that one. After you edit, have a different name like "build.prop.new"

2) Copy the "build.prop.new" file to the root\system folder on the beelink tv box (where you originally copied it out). You MUST absolutely make sure the permissions on the "new" file is set to "-rw-r--r--". If it's not, you might end up soft bricking the device.

3) Rename the build.prop that is still on your beelink box to build.prop.bak

4) Rename your build.prop.new to build.prop

5) Make sure the build.prop permissions is set to "-rw-r--r--".

As a precaution, DO NOT USE WORDPAD to edit build.prop, otherwise you'll end up with a boot loop or not boot at all. Fixing that would be a chore, not impossible though. Instead of copying the file out to your computer, copy build.prop to your SDcard directory and use ES Note Editor to modify the file. Once that is done, rename the original file to something *.bak. Then copy the edited one back to the \system folder. Change the permission to 644 or -rw-r--r-- Reboot and cross your fingers the system comes up.

BW's method works for the Beelink i68 running 5.1.1 also.

*disclaimer*, you're doing this at your own risk, will not be held accountable.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    So following the link I gave before, http://apcmag.com/how-to-fake-an-android-device.htm/, I was able to change my generic Beelink MiniMX android tv box running Android 5.1.1 to appear to be a Moto X Play and now vChannel works on that.

I tried to change my TvPad4 running Kit Kat into a Galaxy S3 but it appears the TvPad4 is so customized that it kept looping me in the setup screen. I will try this again at a later date but I don't believe it will work since the TVPad4 kit kat is so customized.

Before anyone tries to edit their build.props, I must warn you, you can brick your device and I can't help you recover it. Do it at your own risk but, at least now, I have an android TV box that can use vChannel.
    What are the chances that you get vchannel to work but due to the changes it breaks YueTV and the other apps?
  • bwbw Junior Member

What are the chances that you get vchannel to work but due to the changes it breaks YueTV and the other apps?
    If that happens, I would just revert back to the original TVPad4 build.prop. But as it looks now, I can't get TVPad4 working with an edited build.prop. It is just too customized and it puts me into a endless setup loop.

• Just curious can a generic android such as Beelink X2 be flake to read Unblock Tech U-box apps? Both boxes has android 4.4.2. Anyone try it or any complication one can chime in?
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Just curious can a generic android such as Beelink X2 be flake to read Unblock Tech U-box apps? Both boxes has android 4.4.2. Anyone try it or any complication one can chime in?
    Why don't you give it a shot? In theory it should work, but it really depends on what the apps or servers check during execution. The TVpad checked MAC addresses, so the ubox might too and if you don't have the correct MAC address things won't work.
  • Nope, unable to fake it. Yes, I think you're correct they must have put a checker in their server.
  • bamby8bamby8 Junior Member
    I haven't used vchannel in a while since the app was updated recently, but is anyone having issues with the feeds?

http://rss.my03.com/channels does not appear to work.
  • Thanks to SNHK help that I'm able to get my VChannel ad free version to work. If the updated app is not working then please read the above threads on flaking TV Box to different model.
    I haven't used vchannel in a while since the app was updated recently, but is anyone having issues with the feeds?

http://rss.my03.com/channels does not appear to work.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    @Orca4wd, are you saying your vchannel is working on your beelink TV box without changing the build.prop file? If so, how?
  • Orca4wdOrca4wd Member
    edited March 2016
    Actually thanks to you BW for the instruction to fake my beeklink box. I had to modify build.prop file to get vchannel to work.
    @Orca4wd, are you saying your vchannel is working on your beelink TV box without changing the build.prop file? If so, how?
  • bwbw Junior Member
    I thought you did something else. I guess that's the only trick to make it work for now. I couldn't figure it out when I removed the ads within the code to make it work on the other devices.
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    My friend. Do you think you can modify the app so it can ignore check on android box (build.prop)?
    I thought you did something else. I guess that's the only trick to make it work for now. I couldn't figure it out when I removed the ads within the code to make it work on the other devices.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    @tomato123, I've looked into that but I couldn't figure it out.
    Thanked by 1hon
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    @tomato123, I've looked into that but I couldn't figure it out.
    I don't think there is much you can do, I believe check process is not on the app itself. The check is probably some form of handshake process, when you launch vchannel it goes to the main screen and then there is a delay, during this delay I believe the server requests some info from the app. The info is probably in the build.prop and vchannel sends that info to the server. If the server does not get a response or incorrect response then it quits, thats why the app launches and then exits after a period of time if the correct response is not received by the server.

You've done a great job providing a working solution already and I believe you should leave it at that. If it were too easy and everyone does it and flood the servers then they would fix the loophole or just shut the servers down completely.
  • Hello there guys,

my parents are bugging me to get vChannel fixed for weeks now. They have a TVpad2 and a CS918 Android Box, so can anyone here tell me how to get vChannel on them and working again?

Note: I have vChannel on the CS918 but since the latest update it is not working anymore.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @hon Did you bother reading the thread ?
  • I've been having so many issues with vChannel on Android. It basically doesn't load and just gives me a blank screen. Are there any other alternatives besides vChannel? I tried RSS video player but it doesn't accept the RSS urls
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I've been having so many issues with vChannel on Android. It basically doesn't load and just gives me a blank screen. Are there any other alternatives besides vChannel? I tried RSS video player but it doesn't accept the RSS urls
    If you're looking for something that plays HK drama, I recently came upon an app called kakoze. You can google it. They are purely for the HK drama and some HK movies. Can't chromecast and only for androids. They do have ads but it comes at the end of the videos which you can get out of it by pressing the back button. You have to use your device Internet browser to DL the app cuz it's not on Google play. (Their sites also have ads, so if using a PC, make sure your ad block is up)

You can install it on a droid box but the menu looks like a phone but the videos play correctly. You would need something like a mouse to navigate as its not remote control friendly.
  • aristoaristo Junior Member
    Thanks for the info...