[Down] vChannel - Android/iOS/TVPad4

Comments

• Hey guys I know the iOS version works so that means it's not the server maybe android only. So does this ad free version still works?
    Thanked by 1wai1480
  • navnav Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Hey guys I know the iOS version works so that means it's not the server maybe android only. So does this ad free version still works?
    Yes, this ad free version works on my android phone (but not TVpad4)!
  • Hey guys I know the iOS version works so that means it's not the server maybe android only. So does this ad free version still works?
    I just test the ad free version, still works for me.
    Thanked by 1ezh2
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    I can't get any version of vchannel work on TVpad4. So weird.

Same apk works on my old 小米box.
    Hey guys I know the iOS version works so that means it's not the server maybe android only. So does this ad free version still works?
    Yes, this ad free version works on my android phone (but not TVpad4)!
  • bwbw Junior Member
    So this might be the answer on why it doesn't work on the android TV boxes. I'm not sure how true it is but according to this blog:

http://miniliew.blogspot.com/2015/01/xiaomi-tv-box-cracked-apk-to-stream-tv.html

1. Some times ago, Chinese regulators decided to stop all the Chinese content providers to offer APK / Apps that can be run on TV Box or TV Set.

2. The Chinese regulators allows TV Shows or Movies to be streamed over a Web Browser. The Chinese regulators allows APK / Apps to be run on Smartphones or Touch Pad. For some reasons, they said running the APK / Apps on the TV Media Box / Android Box / Xiaomi TV Box or directly onto the TV itself is “illegal”. It requires another licensing for these APK / Apps. Because these shows are now showing on big screen TV, it must follow the TV regulations. Hence, it requires another TV type of licenses.

There may be hack by editing your build.prop on a rooted tv box to make your tvpad4 or whatever look like a different device. I haven't had time to try it yet.

http://apcmag.com/how-to-fake-an-android-device.htm/

I believe most of the checks being done are server side checks, hence the encoreTVB app doesn't work on a android tv box either.

• SNHKSNHK Junior Member

There may be hack by editing your build.prop on a rooted tv box to make your tvpad4 or whatever look like a different device. I haven't had time to try it yet.

http://apcmag.com/how-to-fake-an-android-device.htm/

I believe most of the checks being done are server side checks, hence the encoreTVB app doesn't work on a android tv box either.

BW,

EncoreTVB app works on android tv box, at least it's working for me. It's running on one of the beelink devices that was linked somewhere on this site. Not sure what vchannel checks but it is not stopping you from installing it from google store on the android boxes. I reckon it checks for some wireless carrier info / chip.
  • Here you go. Enjoy. Ad free.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B60JtY851PxHV2ltNThiVmJVZ28/view?usp=docslist_api

Edit: back button is now a back button. To exit app, go to the menu (the 3 dots on the top right hand side).
    File gone? :(
  • The file's gone. can anyone please share the file again?
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    The file's gone. can anyone please share the file again?
    Go here
    http://www.filedropper.com/vchannel B)
    Thanked by 1ezh2
  • The file's gone. can anyone please share the file again?
    Go here
    http://www.filedropper.com/vchannel B)
    Thanks! works on mi box.
  • Huh, somehow, the latest ad free version is not working in my generic android box. Anyone else having problem connecting to HK drama? Any special instruction someone can share to get this to work?
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Huh, somehow, the latest ad free version is not working in my generic android box. Anyone else having problem connecting to HK drama? Any special instruction someone can share to get this to work?
    Vchannel has built in checks for your device, if it isn't one of the supported devices then it won't let you connect to the servers. Read what "BW" wrote few post back.
  • strpywstrpyw Junior Member
    V channel is good but its a pain with tvpad because the navigation is much better with touch screen like an iphone. I have moved on to using iphone to do video out to my tv. Sweet.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    So following the link I gave before, http://apcmag.com/how-to-fake-an-android-device.htm/, I was able to change my generic Beelink MiniMX android tv box running Android 5.1.1 to appear to be a Moto X Play and now vChannel works on that.

I tried to change my TvPad4 running Kit Kat into a Galaxy S3 but it appears the TvPad4 is so customized that it kept looping me in the setup screen. I will try this again at a later date but I don't believe it will work since the TVPad4 kit kat is so customized.

Before anyone tries to edit their build.props, I must warn you, you can brick your device and I can't help you recover it. Do it at your own risk but, at least now, I have an android TV box that can use vChannel.
    Post edited by bw on
  • Thank you for passing along this information. I also have a generic Beelink android box and would like to run VChannel. Can you please email me a copy of your build.prop settings to a Moto X Play device? Is it basically change the below six settings? Does this work on a Ethernet wire connection?

1)ro.product.model 2) ro.product.brand 3) ro.product.name 4) ro.product.device
    5) ro.product.manufacturer 6) ro.build.fingerprint

******************************************************************************
    So following the link I gave before, http://apcmag.com/how-to-fake-an-android-device.htm/, I was able to change my generic Beelink MiniMX android tv box running Android 5.1.1 to appear to be a Moto X Play and now vChannel works on that.

I tried to change my TvPad4 running Kit Kat into a Galaxy S3 but it appears the TvPad4 is so customized that it kept looping me in the setup screen. I will try this again at a later date but I don't believe it will work since the TVPad4 kit kat is so customized.

Before anyone tries to edit their build.props, I must warn you, you can brick your device and I can't help you recover it. Do it at your own risk but, at least now, I have an android TV box that can use vChannel.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    @Orca4wd,

Which beelink box do you have and which version of Android is it running? It makes a difference. If you are running Android 5.1.1, I can definitely help you out.
  • No, running Android 4.4. Below is the specs. Any guidance is very much appreciated.
    Brand: Beelink
    Type: TV Box
    Model: X2
    GPU: Mali400MP2
    System: Android 4.4
    CPU: H3
    Core: Quad Core,Cortex A7
    RAM: 1G
    ROM: 8G
    Max. Extended Capacity: 32G

@Orca4wd,

Which beelink box do you have and which version of Android is it running? It makes a difference. If you are running Android 5.1.1, I can definitely help you out.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    edited March 2016
    Can you see if you're running 4.4.2? If so, this is what you would need to edit. This will make your device look like a Galaxy Note 3.

ro.build.tags=release-keys
    ro.product.model=SAMSUNG-SM-N900A
    ro.product.brand=samsung
    ro.product.name=hlteuc
    ro.product.device=hlteatt
    ro.product.manufacturer=samsung
    ro.build.fingerprint=samsung/hlteuc/hlteatt:4.4.2/KOT49H/N900AUCUCMLG:user/release-keys

The best way to do this is this:

1) Copy the build.prop from the beelink box out to your computer and edit that one. After you edit, have a different name like "build.prop.new"

2) Copy the "build.prop.new" file to the root\system folder on the beelink tv box (where you originally copied it out). You MUST absolutely make sure the permissions on the "new" file is set to "-rw-r--r--". If it's not, you might end up soft bricking the device.

3) Rename the build.prop that is still on your beelink box to build.prop.bak

4) Rename your build.prop.new to build.prop

5) Make sure the build.prop permissions is set to "-rw-r--r--". <-- you see where I'm going with this? If it's not, you can get into a whole lot of trouble.

6) Reboot the beelink box and if you've done everything correctly, vChannel should work now.

Good luck.
  • bwbw Junior Member
    It looks like you should be on 4.4.2.

I should add the beelink device you have is probably not that hard to recover should you soft brick the device. There a lot of info on this here:

http://chinagadgetsreviews.com/download-latest-kitkat-4-4-2-stock-firmware-for-beelink-x2-tv-box.html
  • Dear BW- Thank you so much for the detailed information. I'm going to play around with it this weekend. Right now, I'm not sure how to set the permission to "-rw-r--r--". Perhaps, it is a line embed in the build.pro file. Hopefully, I can figure out but may come back with more questions. Again, this is very helpful!