TVPad4 Active?

Are your TVPad4 currently working in United States?
Currently has the 5.04 FW, VPN router connected to H.K. Server. Please advise.

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Yes TVPad4 currently are working in United States without VPN... :3
  • Thanks, Cheuk5. I'll switch over to YueTV without VPN. Can I still run 5.04 firmware or best to upgrade to newer firmware? Please advise.. Thank you!
    Thanks, Cheuk5. I'll switch over to YueTV without VPN. Can I still run 5.04 firmware or best to upgrade to newer firmware? Please advise.. Thank you!
    If you are in USA don't upgrade to newer firmware
  • Sounds good not to upgrade FW in USA. I'll continue to keep 5.054 FW.
    A few more clarity questions using without VPN:
    1) Must run YueTV without VPN.
    2) Network DNS must be set at Auto mode. Can not use DNS 49.. any more?
    3) VOD shows seem more choppy in YueTV. Are people experience similar result?
    4) TVPad store not active since switched over to Auto mode without VPN. Is this what other experiencing?

Thanks, Cheuk5. I'll switch over to YueTV without VPN. Can I still run 5.04 firmware or best to upgrade to newer firmware? Please advise.. Thank you!
    Sounds good not to upgrade FW in USA. I'll continue to keep 5.054 FW.
    A few more clarity questions using without VPN:
    1) Must run YueTV without VPN.
    2) Network DNS must be set at Auto mode. Can not use DNS 49.. any more?
    3) VOD shows seem more choppy in YueTV. Are people experience similar result?
    4) TVPad store not active since switched over to Auto mode without VPN. Is this what other experiencing?

1.It does make sense to use VPN for YueTv .
    2.Yes.
    3.It is very depend on your internet network speed.
    4, If you use VPN to connect HK and change DNS You will get the store back <3
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    IN 港粵網路電視, 寶島電視, BETV_Plus

All Live streams are working without need of VPN. Just VOD not working.
  • On Feb 5 & 6th had problem with 港粵網路電視 which promoted me to switched over to YueTV.
    In general, 港粵網路電視 app works better without choppy on VOD with VPN router and manual DNS 49. Anyway, wondering if this is a signal of discontinue even for TVPad4. Happy New Year everyone!!
    IN 港粵網路電視, 寶島電視, BETV_Plus

All Live streams are working without need of VPN. Just VOD not working.
  • Could you provide the app of BETV_Plus please?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @tomato123 vod works. You just need to change the dns
  • Just bought a tvpad4 and setting up for my dad seems like YUE is working without any additional setup. But I have nongreen man. Can someone tell me the correct setup.
  • Tvpad4 is not using the "greenman" system. If your YueTv is working which mean you are already online but it will still has server error when you check networking connectivity which is normal at this point.
    Just bought a tvpad4 and setting up for my dad seems like YUE is working without any additional setup. But I have nongreen man. Can someone tell me the correct setup.
  • My tvpad4 was working fine up until Tuesday night. I'm not sure what my pop did, but now the screen is all black and I can't do anything. Does anybody know what type of problem this is? Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    IS the green light on ?
    IS the green light on ?
    What is the green light in Pad 4.
    Are you mean the power light?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Yes, the power light
  • btghostownbtghostown Junior Member
    @tomato123 vod works. You just need to change the dns

what is the correct dns to make 港粵網路電視 VOD works?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited February 2016
    @btghostown You can use tvpaddns.com to avoid the hassle of hunting down DNS servers.

• gunnerwrxgunnerwrx Junior Member
    padman, he asked about USA based TVPAD 4. Even with tvpaddns.com, I don't think 港粵網路電視 VOD would work without VPN for USA based.
  • i'm in the US and i'm not sure what's wrong with vod on the yuetv app. none of the new series have been updated and i can't watch any of them.

1. not using vpn
    2. dns is set to manual (123.127.108.135), auto dns never worked
  • I am sure it is the TVPad sever problem, just wait and see.