Is the Unblock Gen 2 on Maintainence or Down?

I just received the UB Gen 2 Plus box and it was working good for 1 couple days except for a few apps but last night it stared to act funny with Ub market and this morning you cannot access any apps. I have the vpn router setup also. Any input?

Comments

• gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    why vpn router? although I haven't checked status yet, will do as soon as my new ubox get's delivered in next hour or so
  • I have the the vpn router setup because I can't wacth theTVB drma VOD ,apparantly it must be streaming from servers that have region block. I setup the vpn router to HK and it works until today.
  • so if you take it off vpn for temporarly it app store and apps still doesnt' work?
  • I tried on both routers , vpn and regular w/o vpn, they both do not work on any apps. Let's just hope it is down for maintainence.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    k, will let you know as well as soon as USPS delivers my new ubox, the thing is hktv, mangotv or most other apps are not ubox specific, it's pretty much standard android app you can get from various sources which works on any android box. so just because ubox is down for maintenance those app';s should not be effected by it. as Ubox is not controled like TVPAD did with authorization server on box itself
    Post edited by gqone76 on
  • as far as I can tell, there are no issues with app store, just launched auto installer and installed it all fine and live tv is working fine as well
  • TvpaderTvpader Junior Member
    UB vod still not working and I have emailed them yesterday no response.
  • Looks like it is just the UB apps not working.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Tvpader Which vod are you referring to ?

• UB vod and UB market are both not working for me.
  • When I press the UB TV app, the bing search engine comes up.I don't know if it's just me.
    @Tvpader Which vod are you referring to ?

Mainly the replay n even the uvod. So you don't have any issue with it? You don't seem to see any issues we mention mango tv and replay etc because you have to ask us. So anyone else have the issue have know idea what is happening.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited January 2016
    When I press the UB TV app, the bing search engine comes up.I don't know if it's just me.
    Strange that is behavior when you try to launch UBTV app on non ubox, might need to perform factory reset

you sure you didn't do anything in filesystem or other? might give us clue as to what file other than MAC controls authenticity of the app, which might allow making app work on non ubox
    Post edited by gqone76 on
  • FYI I'm in Australia. I received my unblock tech UBOX GEN 2 S800 yesterday and tried to use it. Fpr past two days, I'm not sure if this happens to all of you that the Cantonese drama app doesn't really work on 0kb/s all the time, same the VOD section within UBOX VOD, which supposedly has fillers for search, has drama and movies etc the thumbnails load but when you play is always 0kb

Only the live channels work fine and its the exact same channels as Moonbox via IPTV app.

UBOX market has a LETV TV version app but it never loads the main menus for me all missing graphics. It has the installers for English and Chinese versions, although it looks Mango TV and other apps are free to get from shafa.com and znds.com etc anyway, so any Android box can install those. So there's no unique app except UBOX live, VOD and replay.

Again I'm disappointed that the VOD and replay didn't work neither all 0kbs, never connects.

Overall I think Moonbox is much better with about $100 difference. I thought the replay was bad enough but ubox is completely not useful for that.

The boot up time is very fast on UBOX and remote so much better than TVpad 4.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited January 2016
    ALL Ubox VOD and play back apps were down...hopefully come back soon.
  • UB announce that there was an technical problem on "Playback" apps, will be an replacement apps coming out soon.
  • UB announce that there was an technical problem on "Playback" apps, will be an replacement apps coming out soon.
    Curious how did you know this?
    Any ideas how soon?
  • hleehlee Junior Member
    When click on UBTV, I saw a banner message saying Playback apps are "off-shell" due to technical difficulties and will be replaced. But no mention on release date.
    Also noticed the HK Cantonese channels within "HD Live" stop running. Hope UB has a fix soon.
  • ya for now only handful of Korean Live channels are working was working fine yesterday.. man..