MangoTV

Does anyone know if Unblock Tech needs to have Chinese IP to use MangoTV?

When I try to use the app, my mom says the message shows that it is only available for use from China.

Comments

• I believe there is an app that allows you to jailbreak the geo-restriction that comes loaded with the Ubox. It is also only works with WiFi connection though but you may manually to set VPN if using an Ethernet cable...I am not sure.
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    You may try go to play.google store to download this " Ezunlock", free dowload, after install, set the sever to China and then open Mango app, and see is it work.
    I use this to watch some videos which only for chinese residents.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I just tried Mango on my UB and it worked without needing any unlocking.
    Does anyone know if Unblock Tech needs to have Chinese IP to use MangoTV?

When I try to use the app, my mom says the message shows that it is only available for use from China.
  • TvpaderTvpader Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I have same issue and look like. Vpn just doesn't work for the box in general, I tried app and manual.

It may be due to the content you try to watch or the version of the box or sw.
    The ez unlock doesn't work with mango.
  • edited January 2016
    I am in USA and I can watch the videos in most sections of Mango TV except those under "Hong Kong/Taiwanese dramas". I also get message saying content restricted to China region. None of the videos in that region would show. Hopefully there's a way to go around that.
    Thanked by 1kenny11413
  • papiliopapilio Junior Member
    Not sure, but I think there is an app called DNS available in the UMarket (or somewhere within the box), I installed it, and with one click, I was able to change the IP address and watched what was not allowed earlier. Hope this helps.
    Not sure, but I think there is an app called DNS available in the UMarket (or somewhere within the box), I installed it, and with one click, I was able to change the IP address and watched what was not allowed earlier. Hope this helps.
    Do you mean the unblock market? I couldn't a dns app and I found a dns from the other apps store but it didn't work. Please enlighten me.
    Pad man or anyone can tell me more specific instructions for unblock hk content on mango tv?
    Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @Tvpader There aren't further instructions. I just loaded the app and it worked instantly.

@Tvpader There aren't further instructions. I just loaded the app and it worked instantly.

Really all content? You know why may I be getting the message for tvb series that it is restrict to China only? What version or where you brought yours? I got it from ubmarket? My box, they call it oversea version, is there a different one? If so, what is the difference or how can you tell which version is which? Sorry for bombardment.

Thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @tvpader TVB played fine. Mine is the oversea version as well.
  • IS LETV working for you also, mine did'nt seem to work or maybe I have not let it download long enough.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @ngkiyan VOD worked fine in LETV. No live tv tho
  • I am in the US and I have problem with MangoTV just like the others, I cannot access even with my vpn set to HK servers, it says that only restricted to China Region. :'(
  • wired or wireless?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @ngkiyan Try vpn into Canada and see what it says
  • for the UBOX that just got in for me, Mango works for most, but as stated above HK are giving restricted message. wonder if smartdns will do anything
  • I changed to canada servers and the outcome is the same.
  • Hi guys, I can confirm contents in Mango TV cannot be viewed. I tested TVB drama section and Taiwanese. It's region restricted with up pop up saying China only. So basically it's geo locked. Unless someone knows what to do maybe you need VPN to get it worked. DNS changes make no difference.