UBox Remote Control

Does anyone have programming instruction on the Ubox learner remote (i.e. 'For TV Remote' section)? I did managed to get the power to turn on/off by holding the green power button but unable to program the rest of the 'up/down volumes', 'TV/AV' and 'TBD' buttons. I send an inquiry to Unblock Tech awaiting for a response. Hoping someone smarter in this forum already figured out and willing to share. Thank you in advance.. Happy New Year!

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @Orca4wd Isn't it just a basic android box remote ? I think if you use a generic android box remote layout it should work the same.

• Thanks, Padman - I'm not explaining this clearly. My Ubox remote control, there are 5 buttons on the top area where it allows it to learn my Samsung television's functions. Once programmed, it should allow this Ubox remote to turn on/off television, adjust TV volume..etc. I know the green button should initiate the learning function but unable to program all five buttons. Just wonder if anyone have instruction to walk me thought the program process?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    That's exactly what I meant. This box uses generic android remote functions. If you get the mapping of a android remote, it should be relatively the same.
    Thanks, Padman - I'm not explaining this clearly. My Ubox remote control, there are 5 buttons on the top area where it allows it to learn my Samsung television's functions. Once programmed, it should allow this Ubox remote to turn on/off television, adjust TV volume..etc. I know the green button should initiate the learning function but unable to program all five buttons. Just wonder if anyone have instruction to walk me thought the program process?
  • believe what he means is that remote that came with UBOX also has feature of power and volume button that can controle the TV, seperate from UBOX control.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    @gqone76 Ohhhh HAHAHA, my bad.

I always thought it's the other way :s
  • Orca4wd, how did you program the power button? would think it would be the same way? that useless manual doesn't help and all, manual has "settings" button, which on my remote states TV something. wonder if that's used
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    @gqone76

Here's what it states in the manual
    1. Hold the power button under the learner section for 5 seconds until the red led on the remote is on continuously
    2. Press and hold the button you want to program
    3. Point and aim the remote about 3-5mm apart
    4. If successfully the red led on the remote will flash 3 times then back to continuously on
    5. If failed the red led on the remote will flash 5 times
    6. When done press any button outside of the learner section. The red led will turn off
  • wow that must be S800 Plus edition manual mine basically has nothing. thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Just tested this and it worked! Was able to program my LG tv power on button mapped to the A/V button on the UB remote.

Step 2 is important, need to hold the button
    1. Hold the power button under the learner section for 5 seconds until the red led on the remote is on continuously
    4. If successfully the red led on the remote will flash 3 times then back to continuously on
    6. When done press any button outside of the learner section. The red led will turn off
  • Thanks, Padman.
    My brother-in-law purchased a Gen.2_S8000Plus_HK model in Hong Kong. This edition manual was worthless, did not come with the programming instruction you have listed below. I'll play around with it later tonight. On a different note, does anyone know UBox has updated firmware? I went into their www.unblocktech.com which has no supporting information at all.

• not sure my box update states it's latest version
  • Hi Padman - Yes, I was able to program the power button on the UBox remote to turn on my Samsung TV. But still unable to learn the A/V or volume buttons. I'm thinking UBox remote may not be compatible to Samsung smart TV signals? Did you have to program each UBox button separately? If I understand your statement is that once it learned the LG TV power then the A/V button works without having to program it separately. Correct?

Just tested this and it worked! Was able to program my LG tv power on button mapped to the A/V button on the UB remote.
  • gqone76 - I went into the About MediaBox screen which indicated:

1) Model Number = Global_Edition_S800
    2) Android Verion = 4.4.2
    3) Firmware Version = Homle4.4.2-Qin2-v.1.0 release

This is suppose to be a S800 plus with 1GB RAM device but now not sure given the above model number which listed as a S800?.

not sure my box update states it's latest version
  • truongkhongtruongkhong Junior Member
    can help me out for how to use the cellphone to control unblock box , thank you very much