encoreTVB - Official TVBUSA app - watch certain TVB programs free on Android/iOS

2»

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    @TVpadCA think you're gonna need to get a box if you want live
  • Hank168Hank168 Junior Member
    Encore TVB app needs VPN in order to work in Canada.
  • TVpadCATVpadCA Just Watchin`
    Well, looks like I need a box. It is just that I will wait and see. I don't mind spending the money, just don't want to spend it for only a few weeks. If the Hong Kong legislature pass the law and forbid all the tv box broadcasting, the box will be no use to me.

• padmanpadman Moderator
    No streams come from HK anyway. So whatever law HK passes is irrelevant.

All boxes's streams originated from China.
    Well, looks like I need a box. It is just that I will wait and see. I don't mind spending the money, just don't want to spend it for only a few weeks. If the Hong Kong legislature pass the law and forbid all the tv box broadcasting, the box will be no use to me.

Where would the live stream and VOD coming from? TVB goes to US to sue TVpad in US. They can sue any other manufacturer. Unblock Tech is listed on TVB;s document. If the streaming is from further away, will we get good quality video?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Chinese content + HK comes from China (Obviously). Based on my assumptions, a lot of the contents are run by the same owner, hence a lot of channel on different boxes are the same.

Where would the live stream and VOD coming from? TVB goes to US to sue TVpad in US. They can sue any other manufacturer. Unblock Tech is listed on TVB;s document. If the streaming is from further away, will we get good quality video?
    Well, that is possible. However, China is also tightening their regulation about bringing in foreign materials and I believe that also includes HK. (yes, they are still treating HK as foreign country.) Whoever broadcasting from China can no longer source from HK and other countries. There is still a possibility I don't get what I want to see.
    Encore TVB app needs VPN in order to work in Canada.
    Thanks. Even though I know a little bit more than just pushing the on/off button, I still don't have the knowledge about networking. I did go through the instructions here. I will get someone to help me out. Time to learn how to do it. I just don't know if I like it with VPN or I prefer a box. BTW, how safe is it with VPN?

I have tried using zenmate to change my location. Zenmate couldn't remove the geoblcok. It is possible zenmate is outdated.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Who knows... The bottom line comes down to how long are you gonna wait ? And what's the point of waiting ? As you know these "illegal" streams can be shutdown at anytime, so the waiting is just a imaginary safety net you made up.
    Well, that is possible. However, China is also tightening their regulation about bringing in foreign materials and I believe that also includes HK. (yes, they are still treating HK as foreign country.) Whoever broadcasting from China can no longer source from HK and other countries. There is still a possibility I don't get what I want to see.
    Well, at least just a few weeks and I should be able to make up my mind.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    There is this chinese sayin...

早買早享受 遲買平幾舊
    B)
    Well, at least just a few weeks and I should be able to make up my mind.
    LOL, that I will be more than worry. The box may be near obsolete. LOL.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    I tried the encoreTVB app but found their commercial is too long. Most of times you have to watch 30+ seconds commercials before anything happens.

Almighty1 Wrote:
    -------------------------------------------------------
    > http://www.encoretvb.com/
    >
    > Watch TVB programs and drama with the official
    > TVBUSA app for Google Android and Apple iOS
    > iPhone/iPad
    You can root the device and install adaway and it'll block all the ads.
  • edited November 2016
    encore tvb when i watching tvb vcd no picture show and i use tvpad4