TVPad set date to disable all TVPad1, TVPad2 and TVPad3

thed0rkestthed0rkest Member
edited December 2015 in TVPad / BlueTV
Can anyone tell me if this letter is legitimate? Thanks

See this for petition letter ~ http://tvpadnews.com/2015/12/18/breaking-news-tvpad-to-officially-shutdown-tvpad-1-3-on-jan-1st-2016/

tvpadoffdate.jpg
Post edited by thed0rkest on

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    If this is true, it will be very sad.

And it may be true because it seems like my Tvpad1's green man is gone.

Tvpad4 still working
  • SKMikeSKMike Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Can anyone translate that letter to English?

Thanks.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Dear reseller,

Because of TVPad 1,2,3 hardware cannot support our upgrade, due to that reason we can no longer support the regular usage. Because of this we will create a pop up suggesting users to upgrade to TVPad 4

The window will say:

Dear user: TVPad will upgrade the backend system, because of the hardware requirement of this upgrade your TVPad cannot support it. Your device will be shutdown on 2016, Jan, 1st. To ensure the normal operations, we recommend you to upgrade to TVpad. You can enter your old MAC address on our official site to get a discount on TVPad4.

The window will pop up starting at Dec, 21, to match up with our upgrade promotion.
    Due to this, please be prepare. If you have any questions, please contact me.

SKMike Wrote:
    > Can anyone translate that letter to English?
    >
    > Thanks.
  • thed0rkestthed0rkest Member
    edited December 2015
    -- moved topic --
  • SamSSamS Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Damn it. i just purchased the paid dns, only last 2 days.
  • EinEin Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    My TVpad 1 is also down, They lied , it is not jan 1st yet. (td)

I'm surprised tvpad 1 lasted this long.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Guys, this sounds a bit fishy. My theory is this.

A) A few weeks ago somebody reported TVPad reached an agreement with DISH. However no confirmation from neither party.
    +
    B) Our domain was taken down + TVPad started shutting down their service for Legacy TVPads
    =
    TVPad is giving a percentage of each sales of TVPad 4 to Dish/Korean company. Which is why they are also forcing TVPad 3 users to upgrade.

Anyway. Lets collaborate our efforts on here.

http://tvpadnews.com/2015/12/18/breaking-news-tvpad-to-officially-shutdown-tvpad-1-3-on-jan-1st-2016/
  • mw6sensemw6sense Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I purchased TVPAD 4 and it does not work even with the paid dns service so I was forced to use TVPAD 1 which still works with paid dns service.
    I purchased TVPAD 4 in September and only got to use it for 1 month and everything then went down here. If TVPAD want to exist in this planet,
    they better get their act together and sent out instructions on how to make All their apps working for their customers!
  • PhillyUserPhillyUser Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Can anyone confirm if TVpad4 is currently working with all apps using the paid DNS service? I currently have a TVpad2 and wondering if purchasing a TVpad4 is worth the investment considering the circumstances..

Alternatively, does anyone know other (free or paid) options to watch Cantonese TVB? My Dad specifically likes the 12-hour delayed TVB app, and would be interested in a service that can provide that.
  • burninflame7782burninflame7782 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    My tvpad3 no longer works with the paid DNS, i guess the box is useless now. If the sole purpose was to generate more revenue by forcing customers to upgrade to tvpad4, then the upper management need get their acts together and fix fw 5.06.
  • thed0rkestthed0rkest Member
    edited December 2015
    PhillyUser Wrote:
    > Can anyone confirm if TVpad4 is currently working
    > with all apps using the paid DNS service? I
    > currently have a TVpad2 and wondering if
    > purchasing a TVpad4 is worth the investment
    > considering the circumstances..
    >
    > Alternatively, does anyone know other (free or
    > paid) options to watch Cantonese TVB? My Dad
    > specifically likes the 12-hour delayed TVB app,
    > and would be interested in a service that can
    > provide that.

You can try out SlingTV. They currently have a promotion for $99 + FREE ROKU 2.

SlingTV

I would personally wait awhile before purchasing anything from TVPad company. You never know what might happen. Don't want to throw away $200. I might write up a tutorial for another device I use.
  • tvboxrockstvboxrocks Member
    edited December 2015
    It does sounded fishy, the same time T4 also has some servers issues.
    The timing just too good plus by this time we all know T1,T2-T3 and T4 runs differently not because of the apps alone. I guess when the same trick play too many times people notice.

I do concern how long this time T4 is going to last... My T3 was not even on too long before all these things happening.
    padman Wrote:
    > Guys, this sounds a bit fishy. My theory is this.
    >
    > A) A few weeks ago somebody reported TVPad reached
    > an agreement with DISH. However no confirmation
    > from neither party.
    > +
    > B) Our domain was taken down + TVPad started
    > shutting down their service for Legacy TVPads
    > =
    > TVPad is giving a percentage of each sales of
    > TVPad 4 to Dish/Korean company. Which is why they
    > are also forcing TVPad 3 users to upgrade.
    >
    > Anyway. Lets collaborate our efforts on here.
    >
    > http://tvpadnews.com/2015/12/18/breaking-news-tvpa
    > d-to-officially-shutdown-tvpad-1-3-on-jan-1st-2016
    > /
  • ntpntp Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    No Matter the news is true or not, I won't trust TVpad anymore.
    TVpad never keeps its promise. If the hardware works and people don't mind the resolution, they should keep providing service. Just like you still can use a 1st generation iPhone to make calls if you don't need any fancy features.
    Not to mention they never settle in any lawsuit. I strongly believe they just want more money before they run away.
  • longmarchlongmarch Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    I agree with you about TVpad. Don't buy and more service or products from this company.
  • alexlihawaiialexlihawaii Just Watchin`
    edited December 2015
    I believe they try to grab the money and runs away.
    Beware and try to see other alternative is available.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited December 2015
    Forget about TVPad :(

I recently brought a UNBLOCK that works great with tons of LIVE stream channels that also have 7 days of play back APPs, I know Padman bought one too.
    For the price only $126 (that I paid for) you might get it cheaper if you buy it from HK or China.
  • Mgwa1942Mgwa1942 Junior Member
    edited December 2015
    Where and how to find this Unblock to buy ? Appreciate to know.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    just look up ebay for unblock tech gen 2 most are shipped from china so if you want it quick you'll have to pick US which there are few, they do have one seller unblocktechusa who claims to be authorized dealer in us with higher price than rest, not sure how legitimate it is as user has 0 feedback. but unblocktechusa.com does state that is correct ebay seller for them. but than again, don't even know unblocktechusa.com is legit.
  • gqone76gqone76 TV Nuts
    edited December 2015
    is that 7 days of playback app in Chinese? what's it called? I"ve purchased one after seeing youtube video of it having loads of live Korean channel but could not find any video with Korean VOD, it's running android so can change the language to Korean or English and can use UBTV (English) version but couldn't find anything about VOD app, are they all in Chinese?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited December 2015
    Guys, hold on on the UB box...

No need to rush into buying it when you aren't gonna get it for a few weeks(holiday shipping)