HTV V5 - all apps not working.

Hi

I have been away for a month and come back to find none of the apps work like NewTube 8.12.2 and YouTube. The ones I first used all updated, but upon restarting they all failed either displaying codes (EA9 DNS8.8.8.8., EA6, etc) or 'please wait'.

I did a factory reset and reinstall just these 2 apps. YouTube now works but not NewTube with error EA9 DNS8.8.8.8 code.

Anyone know whats wrong?

Also channels like Hong Kong and a few others are not on the recommended list to download after the reset. How to get them back?

Thanks

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    Where are you located?
    I'm guessing your country had blocked off their services on the DNS level, so you need to change the box's DNS server to use 8.8.8.8

• In UK. So how to change the DNS??
  • OK, googled and changed the DNS. Still same. Any ideas?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Did you actually find out your proper ip address and gateway?
  • Not sure, are they from the wifi router? If they are I probably can find them. After that, what to do?
  • Hi, I live in NY and I am having the same problems with my HTV boxes. How do I change the DNS to 8.8.8.8? Please advise. Thank you!
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I think you can only do it if you use Ethernet. If you use wifi, you gotta log n into your modem to do it. But if you rent yours come the ISP, you can't change it.
  • Thanks padman
  • Hello Padman, I have a HTV5 box and live in Australia. Yesterday, 04/04/19 I received the following message when I tried to access the extraordinary tv app-“Ea6 system error please consult your dealer”. I contact Hellen at www.htv-box.com who advised that the app will no longer work and that I will have to purchase a new app at a cost of US$80 per year. If this is correct it appears that chinsese channels will soon be a pay per view. Could you please let me know if there are any other free Apps that I can download and install on the HTV5 box that allows access to chinese television? I hope you can help as I am sure that other people will be soon finding out the same problem. Many thanks
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    check this thread, https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1650/streaming-apps-for-android-boxes#latest

You can also check out our sponsor napper. Chinese live streaming is $38 / year.
    Hello Padman, I have a HTV5 box and live in Australia. Yesterday, 04/04/19 I received the following message when I tried to access the extraordinary tv app-“Ea6 system error please consult your dealer”. I contact Hellen at www.htv-box.com who advised that the app will no longer work and that I will have to purchase a new app at a cost of US$80 per year. If this is correct it appears that chinsese channels will soon be a pay per view. Could you please let me know if there are any other free Apps that I can download and install on the HTV5 box that allows access to chinese television? I hope you can help as I am sure that other people will be soon finding out the same problem. Many thanks