UBOX 3 remote control arrow buttons

I have a S900 Pro box (generation 3) and the box is having a problem. The remote control arrows and OK button do not work the way they are supposed to. The arrows seem like they are representing letters (when I do a searh for apps), rather than moving the cursor. I bought a brand new remote control and having the same problem. I also tried putting new batteries in it. Same problem. So I'm guessing there is something wrong with the box? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you in advance.

Comments

• I have a S900 Pro box (generation 3) and the box is having a problem. The remote control arrows and OK button do not work the way they are supposed to. The arrows seem like they are representing letters (when I do a searh for apps), rather than moving the cursor. I bought a brand new remote control and having the same problem. I also tried putting new batteries in it. Same problem. So I'm guessing there is something wrong with the box? Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thank you in advance.
    Have you tried exit the mouse mode key next to the #0?
  • REDRED
    edited February 2019
    Hi, thanks for the response. It wasn’t in mouse mode, but I have tried enabling and disabling mouse mode, and it didn’t work. Strange thing is, when I’m in mouse mode, the buttons work the way they’re supposed to - meaning, to move the mouse arrow, I was able to use the arrow buttons around, and the OK button worked as well.

One problem with using the mouse mode is, I cannot go to the next page of apps.

This is happening with both remotes, and one of them is brand new, so I have no idea what could have happened.

Do you think something happened to the input settings? I didn't change anything in there. That's the only thing I could think of, but since I never went in there, I'm not sure what the settings are supposed to be.
    Post edited by RED on
  • 535four535four Member
    edited February 2019
    The Ubox remote is not act like a air flying mouse and cannot hold and drag to next page, it only works on disabled mouse mode. You may get a air flying mouse remote control to do the trick.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/USB-2-4G-Wireless-Remote-Control-Fly-Air-Mouse-Keyboard-Android-TV-Box-Android/253678336564?epid=597784818&hash=item3b10683a34:g:cn4AAOSwjzJbGzlv:rk:5:pf:1&frcectupt=true
    I have 2 of those and it works great on ubox.
  • Hi 535four,

Thanks for the info on the remote. I just ordered one. Hopefully the new remote will be a good work around to the problem I'm having. I still want to try and find out what happened to my ubox and how to fix it though. I just don't know what happened!
  • @535four - just got the remote and tested it out. It works! Thanks for all your help and your recommendation of the remote. It's actually a pretty cool remote - nice and compact with a keyboard.
  • @535four - just got the remote and tested it out. It works! Thanks for all your help and your recommendation of the remote. It's actually a pretty cool remote - nice and compact with a keyboard.
    I'm glad you like it, good things have to share, bad things have to 踩。lol