Ubox3 does not turn on

My ubox can't turn on no matter how many times I press the on button on the remote. I have checked the power supply and the wires but it still will not turn on. Also, it's not my remote control because I have switched out the batteries twice.Help!!
Tagged:

Comments

• SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    My ubox can't turn on no matter how many times I press the on button on the remote. I have checked the power supply and the wires but it still will not turn on. Also, it's not my remote control because I have switched out the batteries twice.Help!!
    Have you try another power brick? (might need to buy it). If new power brick (supply) doesn't work then time for a new one. It might be a ground signal issue, you'll have to trace circuit board and jumper the ground signal, good luck.
  • Thanks very much! Will try now.
  • Nope, also it worked yesterday and I was using it, but when I switched it off yesterday, I can't turn it back on.
  • My UBOX 2 S800 Global Edition is not working no more after the sudden disruption of power supply before it's shutting down cycle completed . When reconnected, only the red light comes and stays on with nothing on the screen and it is not responding to any command from the remote. It seems the TV detected no signal from neither the HDMI nor the AV output socket. I have tried to refresh the unit with the image firmware S800, S900 previous uploaded by the board's experts but failed to revive it no matter how many times I have tried. I would be much appreciated if any of the board's experts could give me a solution for this. Incidentally I had a new UB 5 Pro OS returned to the seller for the replay issue, awaiting their comment. This UBOx 2 gave me no problem at all in the last 3 years until it's sudden failure last week.
  • Sounds like the 5V power supply didn't get enough power to boot it up, try another one, if it's still not working probably your unit was toasted.
  • Thank you 535four for your guick response. I have just given it another go, reburned the img to a sd card through a card reader, repeated the whole procedure again with a TV Pad power adaptor instead. Unfortunately, nothing happened, same negative result as previous attempts. Not given up yet? It is a shame that I can not revive this faithful Ubox 2 as it has given me a very reliable service from new. Anyway, I value your suggestion very much and may I send my best regards to you.
  • For UPro OS or any versions replay issue, some how it sets to "Hardware" method to play, it will solved the problem if selected another method, please click below link.

https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1629/ubox-4-seven-days-playback-skipping-out#latest
  • Thank you 535four for your guick response. I have just given it another go, reburned the img to a sd card through a card reader, repeated the whole procedure again with a TV Pad power adaptor instead. Unfortunately, nothing happened, same negative result as previous attempts. Not given up yet? It is a shame that I can not revive this faithful Ubox 2 as it has given me a very reliable service from new. Anyway, I value your suggestion very much and may I send my best regards to you.
    i think the tvpad adapter is not the same as ubox adapter lol.
  • Hi tylerlee, thanks for your comment. I have tried it with TVpad 2 adaptor which has a 2A capacity whereas UBox 2's one is just 1.5 A and I did not use TVpad 4's adaptor as it is the same specification as the UB 2. Have tried to reflash it again but result stayed the same. hardware or software problem ? The problem still remains unsolved.
  • Hi tylerlee, thanks for your comment. I have tried it with TVpad 2 adaptor which has a 2A capacity whereas UBox 2's one is just 1.5 A and I did not use TVpad 4's adaptor as it is the same specification as the UB 2. Have tried to reflash it again but result stayed the same. hardware or software problem ? The problem still remains unsolved.
    If your box can show the ubox logo on TV screen just hang then your box can solve, if nothing show then it's the boot loader fail to process, the box is bricked, time for a new one if you like the Ubox, another option to consider is EVPad plus but cost more.
    i think the tvpad adapter is not the same as ubox adapter lol.
    @tylerlee, you're right, I dug out my drawer, pull out my tvpad2 power adopter tried to plug the sucker into ubox2, no way to use it , it's a different size of plug, lol...., sorry @willingtolearn, don't meant to offensive you, how did you do that?
    Thanked by 1tylerlee
  • Hi 535four, thanks again for your response. it looks like the boot loader failed to process as you said because the tv screen stayed blank and detected no input signal at all. If it is the hardware problem involving component failure I may be able to replace it but if the root of the cause points to the software then it is well beyond my ability. Inccidentally, when I did try to reflash it again with TV Pad 2's adaptor I did change the plug over. My brand new second replacement UBox 5 Pro 1900 OS arrived yesterday . After playing with it for few hours , I have noticed a few weird problems with it, mainly on the replay side and I will post my comments to the board under an appropriate heading .
  • hi 535Four, sorry to bother you again. It is about my bricked Ubox 2 s800, you did mention in your earlier post about the bootloader not functioning in my box. I have another go with it today with the reburning process of the 3 image files downloaded from the board, S800-160127-s, S800-160808 and S800-161109-black-v34. Unlike one of the board member who did successfully burn the S900 img. file which was put up by you some time back, I have noticed the Bootloader is missing from all of them after the burn is completed. Could it be the reason the bootloader not starting at all after the reflashing. I could not be able to try the S900 version as the download link you put up is no longer exists. I would be much appreciated if you are kind enough to give me your valuable advice.
  • 535four535four Member
    edited November 2018
    hi 535Four, sorry to bother you again. It is about my bricked Ubox 2 s800, you did mention in your earlier post about the bootloader not functioning in my box. I have another go with it today with the reburning process of the 3 image files downloaded from the board, S800-160127-s, S800-160808 and S800-161109-black-v34. Unlike one of the board member who did successfully burn the S900 img. file which was put up by you some time back, I have noticed the Bootloader is missing from all of them after the burn is completed. Could it be the reason the bootloader not starting at all after the reflashing. I could not be able to try the S900 version as the download link you put up is no longer exists. I would be much appreciated if you are kind enough to give me your valuable advice.
    https://mega.nz/#!h3ghBCBL!fIEBTo4QutmCQidcLlifKV3AVk6CBQnnUZC3GVWgEAA

Even you have had successfully 100% burned, you'll still not able to see the file in the sd card, it's normal.
  • Hi 535Four, many thanks for your uploaded file. I have downloaded it to my computer but the Phoenixcard_v3.1.0 could not pick up this file and says version not found, please use new version image. Does it mean I have to use the latest Phoenixcard to read and burn it ? As I am using Window Vista, I won't be able to download it from the site as the minimum system requirement for the new version is Window 7 upwards. Is any other way around it, may I ask?
  • Hi 535Four, there is a glimpse of hope that my old faithful Ubox 2 can be revived. It came back to life after numerous times of reflashing it over and over again with image file S800-160127-s/160808, set everything up and downloaded apps from the app market, tested it all over and it played flawlessly in all apps, live and replay alike, switched it off and on few time with the remote control and everything functioned as it used to be. I was over the moon until I removed the power supply and relocated the box to the place where it used to be placed. Have switched the power back on, guess what, same thing happened again, nothing on the screen, all black, red light stayed on all the time and no response to any remote command, in another word , back to square on. Thinking back of it, I have noticed that there has to be certain sequences happened during the process for it to have a chance of coming back to life. The sequence was like this, have the SD card inserted without any power supplied to the box,then power it on, the red light will come on and stays on for a short while, then it will start blinking for about 2 mins. and it will stop blinking and stays on solid after that, the red light will then goes off, I am not sure how long for it to takes from on to off as I was away for lunch. After that I disconnected the power supply with the SD card unmounted and reconnected the power supply again, the red light came on again but nothing happened , the screen stayed black all the time during the whole process and I thought I might as well leave it there. After that, I went to town for about an hour and came back home finding the TV displaying the Ubox's main page, spending about 1/2 hours to set up and tested everything and all worked well until the relocation. I certainly will have another go again and again until I have it worked again. Will report to you till then.
  • Question, how you can re-flashed the firmware when it's only a black screen on your TV?
  • Hi 535Four, many thanks for your uploaded file. I have downloaded it to my computer but the Phoenixcard_v3.1.0 could not pick up this file and says version not found, please use new version image. Does it mean I have to use the latest Phoenixcard to read and burn it ? As I am using Window Vista, I won't be able to download it from the site as the minimum system requirement for the new version is Window 7 upwards. Is any other way around it, may I ask?
    No, the v3.1.0 is the latest one, may be re-download the file again. Windows Vista? wow..that's the worst version of the Windows even XP was better, you should upgraded to Windows 7, the best Windows besides 10.
  • u said u relocated the ubox, i have a hunch that the HDMI cable in that new location is spoilt.
    try using the other HDMI cable from the old location.
  • Hi 535Four, you are absolutely correct in that sense , with the TV screen stays completely black , there is no chance that one can tell what is going on with the reflash or if there is anything at all. That is the reason I am having the trouble all along, I was doing it blindfolded and still struggling to restart the whole procedure all over again today . Hopefully I could make it work again, it is all about time and patience I suppose. You are right that Window Vista is not that good and that was why it only lasted for a year or so. I have another dated computer which is still running on XP for donkey years. I don't think I am going to replacing them as far as I can see because most of the time I am using the phone to do all the daily routine things these days.