Comments

• One dog dead, two more will spring.

Never ending
  • given that the following services / boxes are officially blocked, what would be the next best option for live tv (esp. HK channels)?
    - A1
    - bluetv
    - evpad
    - funtv
    - htv5
    - moonbox
    - ubox
  • SomebodySomebody Junior Member
    given that the following services / boxes are officially blocked, what would be the next best option for live tv (esp. HK channels)?
    - A1
    - bluetv
    - evpad
    - funtv
    - htv5
    - moonbox
    - ubox
    Buy and connect through a VPN service?

• wsthongwsthong Just Watchin`
    I am having the same issue from 10 pm 28/9/18 in Melb.
    How to connect via VPN
    How to connect via VPN
    Buy a VPN service, e.g. Purevpn. Then enter your username, password and server details under the vpn section of the settings and connect. Or you could download the app from the playstore for your vpn provider and connect through that app before you start the live/vod/catchup apps.

Connect through a non-Oz server, say Hong Kong, which should by-pass your own Australian ISP.
  • edited September 2018
    the court order to block all TVB streaming is supposed to be in place within 15 days from more than a week ago, but my UBTV still works fine at the moment (30 sept 1030pm melb) - changed my box's DNS to google DNS and live TV still works.

maybe give that a shot first before subscribing to a VPN?
    Depends on who your ISP is as to whether they have cut access to those servers yet?
    the court order to block all TVB streaming is supposed to be in place within 15 days from more than a week ago, but my UBTV still works fine at the moment (30 sept 1030pm melb) - changed my box's DNS to google DNS and live TV still works.

I have changed the to Google DNS but it keeps trying to download. Even if it managed to get through, it will be a few minutes then frozen. Can't do channel surfing as it will not download.
    I will have to back in and out again.

I have changed the to Google DNS but it keeps trying to download. Even if it managed to get through, it will be a few minutes then frozen. Can't do channel surfing as it will not download.
    Who is your provider?

• How to connect via VPN
    Buy a VPN service, e.g. Purevpn. Then enter your username, password and server details under the vpn section of the settings and connect. Or you could download the app from the playstore for your vpn provider and connect through that app before you start the live/vod/catchup apps.

Connect through a non-Oz server, say Hong Kong, which should by-pass your own Australian ISP.
    Can you do this at your router to connect to VPN eg PureVPN service so all devices tunnel via this VPN for all traffic?
    edited October 2018
    How to connect via VPN

Can you do this at your router to connect to VPN eg PureVPN service so all devices tunnel via this VPN for all traffic?
    Yes, I have a cheap router which I flashed to dd-wrt and use with Purevpn details and plugged into my main router just to use for the box and other IPTV devices.
  • How to connect via VPN

Yes, I have a cheap router which I flashed to dd-wrt and use with Purevpn details and plugged into my main router just to use for the box and other IPTV devices.
    Cool so I guess only custom firmwares would work. I got an Asus RT-66U not sure if it will work
  • the court order to block all TVB streaming is supposed to be in place within 15 days from more than a week ago, but my UBTV still works fine at the moment (30 sept 1030pm melb) - changed my box's DNS to google DNS and live TV still works.

Who is your provider?

optus

from my other sources, the block is in place - i've seen screenshots floating around with the federal court block screen - but our live streaming channels still load
  • How to connect via VPN

Cool so I guess only custom firmwares would work. I got an Asus RT-66U not sure if it will work
    Asus RT N66U surely work. no need custom firmware. works with most VPN.
  • How to connect via VPN

What’s the cost for a VPN service to bypass the block and could you please recommend one vpn that is available in aus and that is of good quality.

Would it be simpler just to input the VPN details in the device (mine is UB Gen 3)?
    Do your own research for a VPN provider. Sometimes there are lifetime offers which I did take up to use from the UK. Look for a provider that lets you use your account on multiple devices (some restrict you to use on say 5 devices), and have servers in multiple countries e.g. Hong Kong, UK, Australia etc.

Yes, it's simple to input the VPN details in the boxes. I do this on boxes where I use the LAN cable. If using WiFi I input the VPN details in the router (flashed with dd-wrt firmware) and connect to that SSID.

There's a DNSswitcher app on my UBox Pro (which I don't use). Maybe it's there on UBox3 which you could try to see if it helps in Australia without having to use a VPN service?
  • Do your own research for a VPN provider. Sometimes there are lifetime offers which I did take up to use from the UK. Look for a provider that lets you use your account on multiple devices (some restrict you to use on say 5 devices), and have servers in multiple countries e.g. Hong Kong, UK, Australia etc.

Yes, it's simple to input the VPN details in the boxes. I do this on boxes where I use the LAN cable. If using WiFi I input the VPN details in the router (flashed with dd-wrt firmware) and connect to that SSID.

There's a DNSswitcher app on my UBox Pro (which I don't use). Maybe it's there on UBox3 which you could try to see if it helps in Australia without having to use a VPN service?

Thanks. Sounds very technical, I use WiFi for the Ubox 3, but unsure how to input the vpn details in the router. And what’s the DNS switcher app?

My issue here is that my ISP blocked UBTV due to a court order.

Thanks again for your help and much appreciated
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    https://tvpadnews.com/?s=vpn
    Do your own research for a VPN provider. Sometimes there are lifetime offers which I did take up to use from the UK. Look for a provider that lets you use your account on multiple devices (some restrict you to use on say 5 devices), and have servers in multiple countries e.g. Hong Kong, UK, Australia etc.

Thanks. Sounds very technical, I use WiFi for the Ubox 3, but unsure how to input the vpn details in the router. And what’s the DNS switcher app?

My issue here is that my ISP blocked UBTV due to a court order.

My issue here is that my .

Some ISP do not support VPN. Tried ExpressVPN on Telstra and it did not work with my UBOX2.
    Anyone else on Telstra with the same issue