TVpad4 upgrade to Android Lollipop 5.1

edited August 2022 in TVPad / BlueTV
Everyone I have successfully run Android Lollipop 5.1.1 system on Tvpad4. The firmware comes from other forums, but it can't be installed directly. It is a bit tricky to install. After testing the smoothness is acceptable, the advantage is that the resolution reaches 1080p interface, youtube can play 1080p video, the bad is the remote can not start the box after the shutdown, the sound can not be adjusted, the air mouse can be used to adjust the volume.
Post edited by padman on

Comments

• Thanks to you for release the news for modify the tvpad4, but I don't think it's a good idea to modify it since it's has too many downsides affected to unless it's for testing purpose. I would say if it's not bricked don't touch it.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Everyone I have successfully run Android Lollipop 5.1.1 system on Tvpad4. The firmware comes from other forums, but it can't be installed directly. It is a bit tricky to install. After testing the smoothness is acceptable, the advantage is that the resolution reaches 1080p interface, youtube can play 1080p video, the bad is the remote can not start the box after the shutdown, the sound can not be adjusted, the air mouse can be used to adjust the volume.
    Ok that is good news Mr.Benxiong can U share out how to install Android Lollipop 5.1.1 in Tvpad4 ,I like to check it out of the hardware automatic erase problem. Is it can download back to 4.4 version or not after install 5.11? Thanks
  • haha that is like when i installed the tvpad4 firmware on the mxq box a few years ago
  • Yes, you can go back to 4.4 original firmware, go back tonight, upload files and methods.
    Thanked by 2tylerlee 535four
  • tomato123tomato123 Show Producer
    Is it 64bit?
  • Firmware source: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s805/eny-acemax-ott-ab/firmware-roms-tools-ar/595768-rom-lollipop -acemax-vs-ki-abdul can not be installed directly, will crash, I tried to re-install yesterday, the steps are very complicated, if the installation is not successful, you need to use the computer.
  • cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    edited September 2018
    Firmware source: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s805/eny-acemax-ott-ab/firmware-roms-tools-ar/595768-rom-lollipop -acemax-vs-ki-abdul can not be installed directly, will crash, I tried to re-install yesterday, the steps are very complicated, if the installation is not successful, you need to use the computer.
    Ok the two file ( KI Lollipop 20160908 and
    TWRP3_VS_KI.img ) I had download already .Then how to do that ?
    And I found this will fix the remote control function 1 : installed file explorer
    2: located in system\etc\remote.cnf
    4: copy file remote.cfn on your sd card with root explorer
    5: put your sd card on your pc and open this file with a simple editor text ( notepad)
    6: delete all
    7 : follow this link http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/lib/exe/...10001.conf.txt
    8: select all and copy in remote.cf
    9: save file
    10: put it on your sd and then insert it on your mxq box
    11: open file explorer and located this dir system\etc\remote.cnf, delete remote.cnf and copy and past the new remote cnf
    12 : hold on on remote.cnf e get all permission read write and save
    13 : reboot your device
    Post edited by cheuk5 on
  • Method 1:
    Put the downloaded files "recovery.img and M201-ota-20150513.v0823.zip and KI-Lollipop-20160908.zip and TWRP" into the SDcard. After that, like the downgrade of Tvpad4, enter TWRP recovery and select "Install", select the "External SD" file path, select "m201-ota-20150513.v0823.zip" to install, restart after completion, if the restart can enter the system normally, indicating success, you can continue, if you restart and then go back Recovery means failure. After failure, use method 2. After successful startup, find the APP of UPDATE, loca update, select file "KL-Lollipop-20160908.zip" to update, it will automatically restart to TWRP recovery mode for upgrade, upgrade is complete Restart the system, now only the remote control step.

Method 2:
    To operate with a computer, you need a two-sided USB cable, place the downloaded "USB_Burning_Tool2 and MXQ_112k4.img" files on the desktop. Now you need to install the driver. The "Worldcup_Device" in the USB_Burning_Tool2 file is the driver. After installing the driver, run USB_Burning_Tool.exe. In the upper left corner, select the file to find the MXQ_112k4 file, and then select the right side of the installation and restart it. Then connect the Tvpad4 to the computer with both sides of the USB. At the same time, use the paper clip to hold the bottom of the Tvpad reset button, after successfully connecting to the computer, press the USB Tool to start, after completion will restart the system, restart the system and follow the method 1 to find the UPDATE app to update.

When everything is normal, use the "TWRP" file reboot to recovery. Only restore the system partition, the remote control can be used, but can not adjust the volume and can not boot after shutdown, the light is always red.

All file needs : https://mega.nz/#F!JEgw3YKJ!IgvOFmZOPBFhS6iLfgwuLw

Note: This is just a test, it will erase all data, please choose your own.
    Thanked by 2535four SNHK
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Method 1:

When everything is normal, use the "TWRP" file reboot to recovery. Only restore the system partition, the remote control can be used, but can not adjust the volume and can not boot after shutdown, the light is always red.

All file needs : https://mega.nz/#F!JEgw3YKJ!IgvOFmZOPBFhS6iLfgwuLw

Note: This is just a test, it will erase all data, please choose your own.
    Ben,

Some of your steps were a little bit off but in general it works fine. The only thing that is confusing is you said to "restore" the system partition only. Were we suppose to make a backup? of the system and then do the restore of the system partition from that?
  • The system partition is restored in the TWRP file I provided, and the remote control can be used.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    The system partition is restored in the TWRP file I provided, and the remote control can be used.
    That folder is empty, I just checked on the mega link.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Firmware source: http://freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s805/eny-acemax-ott-ab/firmware-roms-tools-ar/595768-rom-lollipop -acemax-vs-ki-abdul can not be installed directly, will crash, I tried to re-install yesterday, the steps are very complicated, if the installation is not successful, you need to use the computer.
    Ok the two file ( KI Lollipop 20160908 and
    TWRP3_VS_KI.img ) I had download already .Then how to do that ?
    And I found this will fix the remote control function 1 : installed file explorer
    2: located in system\etc\remote.cnf
    4: copy file remote.cfn on your sd card with root explorer
    5: put your sd card on your pc and open this file with a simple editor text ( notepad)
    6: delete all
    7 : follow this link http://www.rigacci.org/wiki/lib/exe/...10001.conf.txt
    8: select all and copy in remote.cf
    9: save file
    10: put it on your sd and then insert it on your mxq box
    11: open file explorer and located this dir system\etc\remote.cnf, delete remote.cnf and copy and past the new remote cnf
    12 : hold on on remote.cnf e get all permission read write and save
    13 : reboot your device
    Didn't work for me, and it suppose to be remote.conf, even with correct rw-r--r-- permission. Did you manage to get it to work?

• That folder is empty, I just checked on the mega link.

Yes, I also checked it, it is empty, the upload is missing, by the way, are you using method 1 or method 2? In fact, I will upload it right away.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    edited September 2018

That folder is empty, I just checked on the mega link.
    Yes, I also checked it, it is empty, the upload is missing, by the way, are you using method 1 or method 2? In fact, I will upload it right away.

Ben,

Used method one, but it rebooted back into recovery and stuck at TWRP screen.

Used method two, says img was corrupt, had to redownload it again and worked. If I download everything as a zip file the img gets corrupted, had to download mxq_112k4.img by itself and it worked. Then did the update, right after update during setup, DO NOT use "settings" for Wifi setup, otherwise you end up stuck in wifi selection screen with no way out.

Also, the correct way is to hold down reset button and then connect USB cable, no need for power cable, then computer will see device, you can let go of reset button once computer sees device.
  • When everything is done for the first time, don't choose "Settings" should select "select wifi network". It is very easy to enter the system, my computer is updating very slowly, upload files later.
  • @SNHK The file upload is complete.
    Thanked by 1SNHK
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    Is it 64bit?
    no, it's 32
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Is there a major performance increase when upping to lollipop ?
  • Is there a major performance increase when upping to lollipop ?
    Very clean rom. No additional application, google service framework improved, more like an open Android os, can watch 1080p youtube video, others have not tested, of course, there are some disadvantages, in general, I personally think It is better than the original rom of tvpad4. As for the remote control can not be turned on after shutdown, you can use both sides of the USB to connect to the TV (of course, the old TV does not have a USB interface). Connect the TV box on the other side to discard the original power, so that the TV and the TV box are turned on. Turned on, I tested the rom's HDMI cec function does not work, as for advantages or disadvantages, each has its own advantages or disadvantages.