Black screen with only upper right Network and time

Hello,

My 3 years old HTV3 box was working fine all the time. but today, it get a black screen with only a time and network icon on the upper right corner. I cannot access any menu item other than I can trigger the mouse icon and move the mouse on the black screen.

Reset button also trigger the clean up process screen. but other than that nothing works. restart the box just get me back to the black screen state. Any suggestion other than a hard reset? will I be able to get all my app back?

Thanks

Comments

• padmanpadman Moderator
    You can manually install the apps back, so that shouldn't be a problem
    Hello,

My 3 years old HTV3 box was working fine all the time. but today, it get a black screen with only a time and network icon on the upper right corner. I cannot access any menu item other than I can trigger the mouse icon and move the mouse on the black screen.

Reset button also trigger the clean up process screen. but other than that nothing works. restart the box just get me back to the black screen state. Any suggestion other than a hard reset? will I be able to get all my app back?

Thanks
  • follow this vid.
  • Hi,

Were you able to revive your HTV3?

I have a similar situation. When I boot, I get the HTV 3 logo, then the screen would go black with "play service error" message. (I assume it's Google play service).

Resetting didn't work. Instead of booting into android menu, it only put the machine in "safe-mode".

Strangely enough, I can use an android remote and open a browser and watch youtube on the browser.

I have downloaded the firmware and put it on an USB, but I don't know how to get the machines to read it. My machines won't boot into android menu.

:'(

Does anyone know how to create a recovery firmware that boots?

Thank you!

Hello,

Thanks
  • Hi all,

It just happened to me a couple of days ago that my HTV box can't show me anything! The screen just flashing on and off (nothing displayed! only show 'Bring you home TV'). I have tried the vid suggested by davfin and nothing happen. Can someone please help or suggest how do I get the HTV function again? Appreciate your advice. Thanks.
  • I got a black screen but just power cycled the box and it brought it back.

You should be able to just bring your box using factory default method. Have you tried that?
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    I just had this struggle with the parents. We use Ethernet as the connection but suddenly when they tried to turn it on after the welcome to home TV splash screen, it went dark. Tried multiple restarts and it didn't work. Kept saying no connection. But it brings you to the internet setup screen. I somehow manage to teach my parents how to type in the wifi pw and got it connected. Then had them restart the device. It finally loaded to the usual apps page. Hope this helps you guys.
  • Finally, i got the manual factory reset (tiny hole) to work after many many tries (There is a pattern or when the reset button need to be pressed at certain screen display!). It doesn't work by clicking the menu button regularly for me on the remote though! It seems like HTV5 has reduced the number of apps for downloading (Apps consolidation).