tvpad 4 firmware upgrade question

Hi All,

I have .054 now, can I upgrade directly to .066? I just want to try install the google play for RSS desktop.

Thanks much,

Comments

• cheuk5cheuk5 Senior Member
    Hi All,

I have .054 now, can I upgrade directly to .066? I just want to try install the google play for RSS desktop.

Thanks much,
    Check it here https://tvpad.ca/discussion/1773/anyone-know-how-to-upgrade-tvpad4-from-5-060-to-5-066#latest
  • I read that page before, but could not find it again today.

Thanks much.
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    I read that page before, but could not find it again today.

Thanks much.
    Did those instructions work for you? It didn't work for me as it just reboot without updating. I got mine updated but with another method.
  • i have not tried it yet.

do you mind share your other method?

Thanks,
  • SNHKSNHK Junior Member
    i have not tried it yet.

do you mind share your other method?

Thanks,
    Try it first, if it doesn't work then let me know and I'll see if I can get some pics together for a write up.
  • I just gave them trial app to watch temporary. I will try the upgrade after next week when all done and I have to try something else.

Thanks very much,
  • it works for me.
    it did not work if I use flash drive and I need to use micro SD card. and I had to use the earlier version of 5.066 and not the newer one from tomato. the newer one gave me error.

However, how come the RSS player icons are so much bigger and I have to scroll a lot more. is there any way to zoom it back out?

Thanks very much guys.
  • it works for me.
    it did not work if I use flash drive and I need to use micro SD card. and I had to use the earlier version of 5.066 and not the newer one from tomato. the newer one gave me error.

However, how come the RSS player icons are so much bigger and I have to scroll a lot more. is there any way to zoom it back out?

Thanks very much guys.