HTV3 LIVE streaming dead on ChineseTV app- CCTV live super slow no video

Is anyone experiencing live tv issues on HTV3? Ive even done a full factory reset with a fresh sideload of all the Chinese TV apps. I am getting slow 6b/s and slow sporadic buffering.

I am on a wired connection at over 180Mb/S with comcast. In California, U.S.

Comments

• edited April 2018
    HTV3 with the same problem here. Sports TV and Wonderful Playback hadn't worked the past couple of days. Now Mainland Chinese TV doesn't work but Wonderful Playback kinda works (but not really).

In NY.
    Post edited by Shark on
  • mods/htv folks, can you confirm what is going on?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I'm testing with htv5 and don't have a problem with Chinese TV 5.2.1

Wonderful playback also work.
  • I am getting a EC-11 Access Failure now. Can you please help me what this means>?
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Try restarting your box?
  • have tried that...resetted my router, tried different TVs, wifi and wired. The other tv apps work fine..playstore works...its the ChinesTV LIVE tv that doesnt work...am I am not sure what EC-11 means, nothing showing up on google. I have 180Mbs/sec download speeds too.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Maybe routing issue for US people.

Your download speed don't matter.
  • not routing issue...it worked before so why all of a sudden? no settings were changed...
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    That's what routing issue is. Internet isn't static 24/7 ...
  • ok now im getting a EC-9 Access failed, please contact the dealer
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Have you contacted the dealer?
  • fatcatfatcat Junior Member
    I'm in SF Bay area, CA. My HTV3 was buy from Amazon 2 yrs ago. I don't have any problem lately.Both TVB & China TV and live OK. I'm with Comcast 100MB plan.
  • edited April 2018
    I reported the same chinese live streaming problem on a different discussion thread. As I mentioned on that thread, I have 2 HTV3 boxes with the same firmware and same chinese tv app version. One works fine while the other is not working (factory reset and reinstalling the app did not help). Therefore, the problem seems to be device-specific (maybe some sort of authentication?) and not a blanket problem for everyone. We're in New York
    Thanked by 1padman
  • I'm in SF Bay area, CA. My HTV3 was buy from Amazon 2 yrs ago. I don't have any problem lately.Both TVB & China TV and live OK. I'm with Comcast 100MB plan.
    thanks for the information. I am also in SF Area with Comcast. This is really really weird...it worked like 2 weeks ago just fine for the past 2 years...I bought this on Amazon also in Nov 2016...Wonderful Playback...and the soap opera apps work..its just ChineseTV 5.2.1 and also cannot connect to server for upgrade.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Contact your seller.
  • Contact your seller.
    Bought mine from a NYC store that unfortunately no longer sells or supports it. Padman, what is your theory on why one box works while another doesn't (for the chinese tv 5.2.1 app and other live streaming) in the same house? I suspect that the non-working box has been removed from some authentication database, but that is just a guess since I don't know their network architecture

• i emailed to [email protected] 2 days ago. no response. I also provided my serial number.
  • i emailed to [email protected] 2 days ago. no response. I also provided my serial number.
    thanks. I sent them an email last week as well & have not received any response. Not hopeful for a resolution
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    Did you guys actually bought from htvbox.com ?
  • Did you guys actually bought from htvbox.com ?
    No I bought mine from a store in New York Chinatown. However, as I mentioned earlier, they no longer sell or support the box since they've moved on to other newer boxes