HTV 5 (A2) VOD apps not working

Is anyone else having issues with their HTV 5 VOD apps? None of the app menus will load for me.

Comments

• aznguy82xaznguy82x Junior Member
    I just noticed an error message saying there is an international network failure which is making the videos not play. So I'm guessing the issue is on their end. Hopefully it is resolved soon.
  • MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    It's working now
  • coolwing99coolwing99 Junior Member
    I have the A2 and the playback has been super slow for me. Buffering most of the time
    I have the A2 and the playback has been super slow for me. Buffering most of the time
    I noticed that too but as long as it works. I think it's worst during peak hours.
  • usgrantleeusgrantlee Junior Member
    Hello All,
    I just received and installed a htv5-A2 box.(purchased through sponsored seller). Thank you TvPadTalk for the discount coupon. I am in Chicago, IL, USA. The current App Store does not have the Chinese Tv (中文), anymore. This app is on my htv3 box, but this app is not compatible with the newer htv5-A2. Can any forum member post a link for this app? Then I can sideload it. Much appreciated.
    All the main apk's are on https://tvpad.ca/discussion/899/htv-apks-download/p1
    Thanks, but from the discussion thread, I believe these are htv3 apps. They won't run on htv5-a2. Seems like the a2 app store does not offer as many apps compared to htv3.
    All the main apk's are on https://tvpad.ca/discussion/899/htv-apks-download/p1
    Thanks, but from the discussion thread, I believe these are htv3 apps. They won't run on htv5-a2. Seems like the a2 app store does not offer as many apps compared to htv3.
    I honestly think this box is dying. Been having issues with the replay apps for weeks and no improvement. Don't even know if the company is still alive.
  • I have the same experience too. The vod keep on skipping and I just got my box in Dec. Sigh
  • Well, based on Padman's threads, his htv5 was working fine on his end, he should helping you guys out but kept silence.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited March 2018
    I don't know what you expect me to do.

I don't have the A2 to test. My htv5 remains working at this moment.
    Well, based on Padman's threads, his htv5 was working fine on his end, he should helping you guys out but kept silence.

Well, based on Padman's threads, his htv5 was working fine on his end, he should helping you guys out but kept silence.
    Maybe I can steer the conversation back to my original post. Is the Chinese Tv (中文) app still alive and working on a htv5 ( meaning outside of the United States)? If so, could some htv5 owner post a link to this app? I am interested to see if it works on a htv5-A2 or if some or all the channels of this app are blocked. Thanks.
    Thanked by 1535four
  • plasmaplasma Junior Member
    Using A2 from Toronto, Canada and no issue with TV or VOD.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    edited March 2018
    If you have Chinese TV on your htv, then it should automatically update to the latest one

https://tvpad.ca/discussion/899/htv-apks-download/p1

Maybe I can steer the conversation back to my original post. Is the Chinese Tv (中文) app still alive and working on a htv5 ( meaning outside of the United States)? If so, could some htv5 owner post a link to this app? I am interested to see if it works on a htv5-A2 or if some or all the channels of this app are blocked. Thanks.
    Thanked by 1535four
    My A2 has an app called Extraordinary TV(English language setting). It has about the same number of channels as Chinese TV. Extraordinary TV divides its 160 channels into groups with tabs along the top of the page (Mainland, Hong Kong, Vietnamese, etc. ).This feature is a definite improvement over Chinese TV where you had to scroll through all the channels to find what you want to select, if you did not enter a channel number from the remote. This could be the upgraded app to Chinese TV. I thought the A2 box was for the US, specifically. Surprised to hear that it works in Toronto (@plasma)
  • My A2 box 粵重播seems like working again but it keep on playing smoothly for a few mins then it will pause for a min or so n then play again for few min n pause again ! anyone has the same experience? Anything I can do about it ??
  • Здравствуйте. Подскажите где я могу скачать прошивку заводскую на мой tvpad m418x. Чтобы прошить через sd карту памяти. Ранее установлена прошивка полностью стерта.
    Здравствуйте. Подскажите где я могу скачать прошивку заводскую на мой tvpad m418x. Чтобы прошить через sd карту памяти. Ранее установлена прошивка полностью стерта.
    На домашней странице этого форума выберите TvPad / BlueTV. Перейдите на страницу 2 и выберите пятую запись сверху - Переориентируйте TvPad 4 на 5.054. Будет ссылка на прошивку 5.054. Надеюсь, это поможет вам.
  • My htv5/a2 runs really slow . And it is not watchable
  • plasmaplasma Junior Member
    No issue here in Toronto