HTV2 server dead?

siuwaisiuwai Junior Member
All the VOD apps on my HTV2 are not buffering nor connecting to the server. Is HTV2 server dead? Anyone out there have HTV2 box have this problem or just mine?

Comments

• MmmaruMmmaru Junior Member
    edited February 2018
    Not dead. Maybe server maintenance? But there are no recorded shows for today's date though for replay.

You guys seeing the same thing?
    Post edited by Mmmaru on
    Thanked by 1joseph
  • The cantonese playback app is still not displaying anything. Any ideas?
    The cantonese playback app is still not displaying anything. Any ideas?
    It was working yesterday. If there is nothing today, then it will be fixed the next day.
  • The cantonese playback app is still not displaying anything. Any ideas?
    It was working yesterday. If there is nothing today, then it will be fixed the next day.
    Really? I open up the cantonese playback app (the one with commercials and organized by time of program) and it was empty yesterday and today. The live TV is fine and the app that lets me select the episodes with no commercial is fine too. Please advise
    Yes. I see programs populated. It's slow to load.
  • siuwaisiuwai Junior Member
    I just tried my HTV2 Cantonese VOD app, still not working. Can't play anything from the app. But the Live app works and the Cantonese playback seem to works as well. Is it just the VOD ? Any idea?
    Vod works but replay seriously buffers alot. Makes things unwatchable.
    The cantonese VOD is not working for me on couple of HTV2 I've been testing. Not sure why. None of the drama/movies/variety shows load at all.
  • Live TV and time shift apps have lost a lot or all streaming. VOD was okay but now getting very bad as well. This started around Chinese new year more or less. I bought my box last December from htv-box.com but just notified them of my issues today--was hoping issues were temporary--will see if they can help. If they can't help, this might be our last Chinese TV box, $180 for three months is too expensive, and last two boxes of other brands lasted only a few months each.
  • padmanpadman Moderator
    I think htv2 may be on the last legs.

Htv5 is still working on my end.
  • Live TV and time shift apps have lost a lot or all streaming. VOD was okay but now getting very bad as well. This started around Chinese new year more or less. I bought my box last December from htv-box.com but just notified them of my issues today--was hoping issues were temporary--will see if they can help. If they can't help, this might be our last Chinese TV box, $180 for three months is too expensive, and last two boxes of other brands lasted only a few months each.
    which box do u have?
    I think htv2 may be on the last legs.

Htv5 is still working on my end.
    They all use the same apps and if one app fails then most people will see The same issue but vod has been working fine on the older version boxes too.
    which box do u have?
    I have the the A2, just three months old.
  • I also have the A2 box and I just purchased in in Dec. i hope it is not really dying that quick. it cost me $180 for only 3 months!! oh nooo.
    I think you guys still have some power with the seller. Please reach out and tell them the issues. That would help the rest of us whom are orphaned. Haha.
  • Good news for me, my vendor HTV-Box.com fixed my issues and so far things are back to normal again. Not sure what they did, I gave them my serial number and error messages when trying to connect in Extraordinary TV, and a few hours later they told me to test. My VOD and time shift had already started getting back to normal before that.
  • edited March 2018
    I have a HTV2 in NYC, VOD is getting EC-6 error, both the english and cantonese. Live TV is work sort of, there are buffering issues.

This started to happen around Chinese New Year. Its weird, its usually the live tv apps are down. The apps open and load the shows/movies, but will not play.

In comparison, my dad's HTV2 is working fine, VOD and Live apps.

What is EC-6 error on VOD and sometimes EC-12 on the Live apps? Do I need to roll back the HTV version? Or Mac address is not approved on the VOD server? I have been using it for the past 2 years without any major blackout.
    I have a HTV2 in NYC, VOD is getting EC-6 error, both the english and cantonese. Live TV is work sort of, there are buffering issues.

This started to happen around Chinese New Year. Its weird, its usually the live tv apps are down.

What is EC-6 error on VOD and sometimes EC-12 on the Live apps? Do I need to roll back the HTV version? Or Mac address is not approved on the VOD server? I have been using it for the past 2 years without any major blackout.
    Don't touch the apps. It's a server error. It loads poorly during peak hours.
  • VOD is blackout for me for almost 1 month. I did a reset and install all the apps and update. No help with that.

Can on use Terrarium for VOD for now, but that is giving me issues with updates lately. Weird.

Too bad showbox is not optimized for the android box.
    VOD is blackout for me for almost 1 month. I did a reset and install all the apps and update. No help with that.

Can on use Terrarium for VOD for now, but that is giving me issues with updates lately. Weird.

Too bad showbox is not optimized for the android box.

This started to happen around Chinese New Year. Its weird, its usually the live tv apps are down. The apps open and load the shows/movies, but will not play.

I am experiencing the exact issue. I tested 3 HTV2 boxes, all having the same issue, but my brother HTV2 box which purchased in Canada works fine with the VOD. I can't explain except the mac being blocked from connecting since both using the same version of app. Emailed HTV support, nothing, no respond at all.